Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:05   #16
BHPian
 
Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The Fusion is bigger, has better presence and is easier to get in/out of. The Palio is a lot cheaper. The Palio, however, does FEEL like a much bigger car - the way it behaves on the road, whether city or highway makes you feel you're driving a much larger car.

For price alone, I choose the Palio, it offers almost everything that the Fusion does at a much cheaper price.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:07   #17
BHPian
 
roms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Car on car, Fusion is a notch above the Palio or any other car from that segment. The quality of the product is definitely superior. Drive the two cars back to back and you will know what I'm saying.The NVH levels are good, the engine is refined and powerful, and I found the steering feel to be better than in the Palio 1.6. Its surprising how a top heavy car like the Fusion can handle so well. But there are reports suggesting that its high speed stability isn't as good. The other grouse is that its got a stiff low speed ride. Same is the case with the Palio 1.6.

The downside of owning a Fusion is that prices for spare parts are way higher than the Palio 1.6. Plus, the Palio is the quicker from a standstill, so driveability in the Palio is slightly better.

As far the getz 1.3 is concerned, its a good car, but is fairly overpriced for what is has to offer.

So, its - 1]Fusion, 2]Palio and 3]Getz according to me.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:51   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mysore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

@roms -- you are correct in pointing out that spare parts for ford is bit higher side.

Should i stretch my budget a more and look for aveo1.4 ,
i had a talk with the dealer he is offering me this
1) first year insurance (17 thousand something) waived off. (basic version)
2) 1 din mp3 player in the basic version
3) 11.75* interest for the loan from SBM which is self arranged.
4) On road 682271 aveo 1.4 basic version.

what do u say guys? i am not interested into ford so other option which i can look for is verna 1.6 xi.
let me know your thoughts.
madaboutCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:12   #19
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
But there are reports suggesting that its high speed stability isn't as good. The other grouse is that its got a stiff low speed ride. Same is the case with the Palio 1.6.
I remember reading your post somewhere about your TD of Fusion. Did you find any issues with stability? Or was it you?
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:47   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
@roms -- you are correct in pointing out that spare parts for ford is bit higher side.

Should i stretch my budget a more and look for aveo1.4 ,
i had a talk with the dealer he is offering me this
1) first year insurance (17 thousand something) waived off. (basic version)
2) 1 din mp3 player in the basic version
3) 11.75* interest for the loan from SBM which is self arranged.
4) On road 682271 aveo 1.4 basic version.

what do u say guys? i am not interested into ford so other option which i can look for is verna 1.6 xi.
let me know your thoughts.
A sedan is always a good option than a hatch.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 00:53   #21
BHPian
 
roms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 640
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
I remember reading your post somewhere about your TD of Fusion. Did you find any issues with stability? Or was it you?
Ya I did TD the car, but I barely got a chance to test its stability within city limits.I thought the car was pretty stable and solid for speeds that were on this side of the 100 mark. There are cars like NHC where you start getting that floaty feeling as the speeds increase. But the Fusion seemed to be pretty well sorted out. Infact, I was surprised to hear about the stability issue myself.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 14:42   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: mysore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Hi All,
i finally booked Aveo1.4 basic version.
1) Colour : BLACK
2) Insurance worth 17k discount
3) 5 sets of Alloys free.
I took this because, its a mixture of everything. (power, interiors,exteriors,VFM).

Let me know if i did something wrong. thanks for all your suggestion.
madaboutCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 16:42   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Hey congrats on your purchase.. No car is bad unless it is serving your purpose . Hmmm so from hatch you directly settled on a sedan..
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 17:33   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Hi All,
i finally booked Aveo1.4 basic version.


good madaboutcars , u have found a middle ground...............
good selection, is a pretty car....



happy motoring drive safe.......
kicksperliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 19:14   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Hi All,
i finally booked Aveo1.4 basic version.
1) Colour : BLACK
2) Insurance worth 17k discount
3) 5 sets of Alloys free.
I took this because, its a mixture of everything. (power, interiors,exteriors,VFM).

Let me know if i did something wrong. thanks for all your suggestion.
good choice.. make sure they give you bridgestone tires.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Got The Black Beast Home (Palio1.3 MJD) jazzy_2cool Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 282 27th November 2008 22:05
Crazy Comparison-Getz1.1 or wait for Palio1.3MJD Magma Hatchbacks 24 23rd December 2007 13:57
rear windows problem in a new palio1.1 slx dr_aryan Technical Stuff 8 22nd November 2007 03:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks