Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th September 2007, 08:47   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dude what is this, ill also use 75% AC add a FFE, better air filter and extract 20kmpl in City driving from a Swift, when we quote FE figures its with 100% AC and stock car, FYI on normal driving i get 16.5-17kmpl from my peted Swift but i quote 16 as thats the figure i used to get before petes. With hard driving i get 15.5kmpl with Petes on stage 1.
This was not 75% AC but 90% since the 10% was only when we smoked in the car!

Quote:
When i meant Palio i meant when it was launched in the international market, the chassis is now old and the Swift shows the foors to the Palio when it comes to corners. Even being 7 years older it is still older then the Swift
Nice joke but I really didn't get it.

I'd really love to see a picture of your Palio dude
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

SO MF if you can extract 14kmpl in City from a Palio then i am sure you extract 22 from a Swift Diesel, just a advice of caution be careful the OD people might just be after you

No offense Moral, we are friends all this arguement is in good spirit, about the pics i will post it soon.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
A Swif in City will give - 16kmpl
A Palio will give - 10(high hopes, mine gives 9 in Mumbai 1.6 GTX)
A Swift on highways will give - 22kmpl
A Palio will give - 14
Age of Palio - 8 years
Age of Swift - 3 years.
busa,you mean this figure is internationaly?i said swift petrol because you have mentioned that the age of swift is 3 years.

Quote:
Dude what is this, ill also use 75% AC add a FFE, better air filter and extract 20kmpl in City driving from a Swift, when we quote FE figures its with 100% AC and stock car, FYI on normal driving i get 16.5-17kmpl from my peted Swift but i quote 16 as thats the figure i used to get before petes. With hard driving i get 15.5kmpl with Petes on stage 1.
i wanted you guys to know all the mods i have and what FE he got from my car,according to my car which was not in good condition at that tim and all the modification i think you do agre with me that he got a very good FE from my car.and i've seen anybody who wants to show his car's FE he mentions whether AC is on or off and also the number of mods he's got.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:57   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
SO MF if you can extract 14kmpl in City from a Palio then i am sure you extract 22 from a Swift Diesel, just a advice of caution be careful the OD people might just be after you
Yes BuS, I can do that if you insist and more so from the Swift Diesel too if you offer your car.

Quote:
When i meant Palio i meant when it was launched in the international market, the chassis is now old and the Swift shows the foors to the Palio when it comes to corners. Even being 7 years older it is still older then the Swift
Palio was launched somewhere in 1996 so make that 11 years please. The chassis hasn't changed since then. What changed was only cosmetics and various engines. Chassis don't grow old unless you rust them. There are some designed way back in the 60's which can lick the Palio and the Swift upside down. And the joke was "even being 7 years older it is older than the swift." I really don't understand what you are trying to prove baba. In bone stock form i.e. the way both the Swift and Palio come out of the factory (stock tyres too), I can assure that the Palio can beat the daylights out of the Swift around corners. 165 tyres on the Swift don't do it any good.

Quote:
No offense Moral, we are friends all this arguement is in good spirit, about the pics i will post it soon.
No offense to you too Busa but lets keep the criticism "constructive" rather than saying Michael Schumacher has gotten older since he left F1 and I believe my Palio can eat his 2004 designed F1 car alive.

Lets get back to topic of Palio 1.6 v/s Swift Vdi.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2007 at 11:03.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:14   #50
BHPian

correct palio first launched in 1996 which is known as palio markI and launched in brasil and followed by argentina,venezuela and etc.
the one we are talikng about(1.6)first launched in 2001 in turkey with 1.6L and 120bhp.
even the first swift launched at 1985 known as swift MK1.and the diesel one which we have in india launched at 2005 that its specifications is totaly different from what you have written.
see this also:
Suzuki Swift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 12:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets stick to the topic, otherwise the thread starter will runaway for getting advise from any dumb outside Team-BHP.

Please be careful while suggesting Palio/Swift depending on the criteria the thread owner has listed out..

Cheers
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 12:45   #52
BANNED

The thread starter got tired of all this F and S nonsense. Please come back, shall we ask?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 13:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The thread starter got tired of all this F and S nonsense. Please come back, shall we ask?
You love these Fiat threads, Don't u
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 10:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
No no I have not run away Till now the swift VDI seems to be the clear leader. I am also for the swift. But you know what if I wait for about 2 months (the waiting time for Swift) I could indulge in a Verna VGT base model. I am seriously thinking of that. I drove the car and really liked it. it is a fair streach for me but I think I will manage.
Locomotive is offline   Reply With Quote