Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 9th September 2007, 21:02   #1
BHPian

Default used car and dealer in bangalore..please suggest

hey guys... my friend needs a used car.. budget 2 lacks, wants a decemtly trouble free car.. bangalore
was narrowing it down to a used santro, palio or zen... and maybe the corsa, i believe u get them cheap ...
can u guys please suggest... besides, more importantly can anyone suggest a good used car dealer here??
checked out the dealer near garuda.. his rates seemed exorbitant!!! 1.7 L for a '99 base model santro...
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 21:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
hey guys... my friend needs a used car.. budget 2 lacks, wants a decemtly trouble free car.. bangalore
was narrowing it down to a used santro, palio or zen... and maybe the corsa, i believe u get them cheap ...
can u guys please suggest... besides, more importantly can anyone suggest a good used car dealer here??
checked out the dealer near garuda.. his rates seemed exorbitant!!! 1.7 L for a '99 base model santro...
Do not buy from there...I suffered by taking my Santro from there.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 22:07   #3
BHPian

Hi Ronk, I would recommend TV Sundaram. I bought my used car there and I quite liked the dealing. Car has also been performing well and I've not had any problems with it.
herculesksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 23:16   #4
BHPian

Try citizen cars also. Google and you would find their contact number.
Pankaj401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 23:23   #5
BANNED

Try carwale.com. Seems a good site
kumar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 00:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Hey Ronk I think you meant National Motors. I bought my Baleno from there and so did my bro in law (Scorpio). We both got good deals on good cars.

My 2004 Baleno was qouted at about 4.7 and I brought it down to well under 4L. Its all in the last min negotiations, when he knows you really want it, he will drop it down further. Dont go by the tag.

PM me if you want my contacts Phone number. I will call him and tell him a friend wants a good deal.

Quote:
Do not buy from there...I suffered by taking my Santro from there.
Patience I'd like to know how you suffffered

Quote:
Pankaj401 Try citizen cars also. Google and you would find their contact number.
Citizen is next door to my place in cooke town next to ITC infotech. They have horrible customer care. They judge you and may decide that you are not going to buy. They are rude and I have been advised by others as well to keep off them.

PM me if you wanna know more. I looked at about 7 cars for about 3 months before buying my Baleno.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 12:21   #7
BHPian

Don't buy from dealers, you will end up paying atleast 20k more than the market price, instead try these sites,

Buy Used Cars Bangalore Second Hand Cars, Bangalore Used Cars for Sale Ad Listings on Sulekha.com

Used cars for sale in Bangalore - click.in Bangalore

These sites are updated by direct owners / dealers,
Get hold of a good mechanic, try the cars and buy.

I bought my santro 2002 dec, through click.in, for 1.6, though i have to spend around 20k, the level of satisfaction will be good.

One main thing in buying a second hand car, should have lots of patience, when found a good deal/car pounce on it and buy.
junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 20:40   #8
BHPian

hey guys thanks a lot for all the advice.. not gettin any time to check the cars out.. hey btw no advice on which car to go in for ya!!
Old 11th September 2007, 20:41   #9
BHPian

iron wolf, thanks ya.. i'll ask my friend to go check out the cars at national motors once, and let you know if he's interested in any...
Old 12th September 2007, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

You can also try www.indiaconnect.com
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 15:41   #11
BHPian

Hi Ronk,

Also try FreeAds. You get lot of direct owner vehicles listed in it. I sold my Maruti 800 thru FreeAds.

Regarrds,
Vijay
vijaypalrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 21:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had to shell out around 15000 within 3 weeks of buying the car...clutch assembly replacement, AC coil replacement were the major ones..The service cost was quite high for some time..learnt later that the side doors were replaced after an accident. The AC was wrking when I test drove the car though the coil had a major leak...The clutch was adjusted just to last another 25 kms...
I had checked the car by a mechanic and got a good deal too...

The car was in good condition when I sold it in May this year. Changed the suspension and most parts, except engine..I loved my Santro..

[quote=IronWolf;558398]

Patience I'd like to know how you suffffered

quote]
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 22:01   #13
BHPian

I would suggest Automart. I bought my Matiz from there. Good service and proper paper work for the every vehicle and they claim they deal only with accident free vehicles.
lateshnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2007, 14:50   #14
BHPian

hey..i've heard real bad stories about automart...lets see