Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2008, 11:47   #181

Default i10 (ERA vs MAGNA) vs Santro xing GLS

Hi People.'

I wish to compare these three and would like to ask which is one if the best VFM. According to me, its not a wise to pay 4.5 L and get a small car like i10. I would rather pay same amount to get a indica vista. I would rather buy Santro GLS that costs 3.75. What do you people think? If I still decide to buy i10 is ERA a good choice. I would like to ocassionaly go to Highway (200 Kms ride) with total 3 people on-board.

Tks
Pravesh

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2008 at 12:06. Reason: Please use the search feature before creating a new thread
Old 13th November 2008, 12:16   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter View Post
Hi People.'

I wish to compare these three and would like to ask which is one if the best VFM. According to me, its not a wise to pay 4.5 L and get a small car like i10. I would rather pay same amount to get a indica vista. I would rather buy Santro GLS that costs 3.75. What do you people think? If I still decide to buy i10 is ERA a good choice. I would like to ocassionaly go to Highway (200 Kms ride) with total 3 people on-board.

Tks
Pravesh

brother, it depends on what budget you are and what you want out from a car.
You said, its not wise to pay 4.5l on i10 but i think otherwise,i10 is a class above santro and i consider i10 to be a real VFM specially having seeing it from inside and after having a TD of it. I have seen tata cars rattling as early as 5k on the odo but somehow as per my experience hyundai cars are more solid on this part and they dont rattle up easily and i10 is one of the best example for it.

Comparing i10 magna and era,

price diff is 25k on road, era: 4.02 lac OTR and magna 4.27lac OTR , New Delhi *(ACI)

extra things you get
1. body colored ORVM
2. Body colored door and tail gate handles.
3. Full wheel cover
4. Rear parcel tray
5. Tachometer ( somehow i feel w/o tacho the instrument cluster feels incomplete)
6. Rear power windows ( adding, the buttons and position is also better than era, feels alot better compared to era buttons )
7. Tilt steering ( generally on in cars above this segment )

And as per my experience, getting a better model is always VFM (most of the times and here too) and also, things never get better than factory fitted, no accessory installer match up neatness and perfection of factory fitted things.

Last edited by inferno : 13th November 2008 at 12:17.
Old 14th November 2008, 20:45   #183
BHPian

Simon, why dont u consider 2nd U-VA or Palio(& save the extra for fuel? If u really want to go for a new car, check out new Ford! Ford diesel on road is 6.2 in bangalore!
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:24   #184
mxx
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Comparing i10 magna and era,

price diff is 25k on road, era: 4.02 lac OTR and magna 4.27lac OTR , New Delhi *(ACI)

extra things you get
1. body colored ORVM
2. Body colored door and tail gate handles.
3. Full wheel cover
4. Rear parcel tray
5. Tachometer ( somehow i feel w/o tacho the instrument cluster feels incomplete)
6. Rear power windows ( adding, the buttons and position is also better than era, feels alot better compared to era buttons )
7. Tilt steering ( generally on in cars above this segment )
correct me if i am wrong, but i think the magna 1.1 also has rear defoger and wiper.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:35   #185
Senior - BHPian

@ enter: i would advise you to go for the i10 which i feel is much better than the santro and indica vista. but if space is your only priority, nothing but the indica will suit you. also, dont rate a car according to its size. of course, it matters but there are a lot of different factors to be taken into consideration.
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:32   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
correct me if i am wrong, but i think the magna 1.1 also has rear defoger and wiper.
I think , latest to my knowledge, MAGNA 1.1 has been discontinued now and available only with kappa engine and it doesnt have rear defogger and wiper.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:10   #187
mxx
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
I think , latest to my knowledge, MAGNA 1.1 has been discontinued now and available only with kappa engine and it doesnt have rear defogger and wiper.
yes, true, not in production now, but lots of magna 1.1 is still available with dealers. But I dont think many will take it, because there is only around 7k price difference between magna 1.1 and 1.2.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:44   #188
BHPian

Default Indica Xeta Vs Alto Lxi Vs Spark

One of my friend is looking to buy a car with basic power steering & A/c and his budget is around 3L. When he enquired about Indica, Alto, Spark all are costing 3L to 3.1L after all the discounts offered by dealers.

I would request you to suggest the model for which he shoud go.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th November 2008 at 21:28. Reason: Please search before opening new threads. Thanks
Old 11th April 2009, 12:34   #189
BHPian

Default i-10 1.1 Era or Kappa Magna for city use ?

Hi Friends,

Have decided on the i-10 after more than a week of pondering over Wagon-R Vxi's, Santro GLE's, Getz 1.1's and Palio Stile 1.1 SLX's. I was almost decided on the i-10 IRDE (Era) when a friend dropped by and managed to get the Kappa Magna into the picture as well. So need your help on deciding between the 2 i-10's - the Era 1.1 or the Magna 1.2

My usage is as below :

a) 99% city driving (an occasional drive down to the track at Sriperumbudur to watch friends in action)

b) Cover about 500kms a month...600 at the most

c) Self driven. Its mostly just me in the car....wife and kid on weekends. An occasional guest or two at the most.

d) Am usually a smooth driver but cant resist an occasional zip away from the traffic light. So need a car that can accelerate quite well (0-60). Top end is not too relevant for me. Fuel efficiency, however, definetely is.

e) Have planned on alloys & tyre upsize immediately once the car is delivered. Am aware that i'll lose 1 kmpl with this. Am looking at an average of at least 13 kmpl after tyre upsize.

f) Am planning to keep the car for a minimum of 3-4 years

Was going through the buyer's guide of the latest Overdrive and was zapped to find that the 0-100 figures of the i-10 1.1 is given as 15.3 secs as compared to 16.6 secs for the Kappa. Isnt this a typo ?

The cost difference between an IRDE (Era) and Kappa (Magna) is about 30k. The IRDE Era fits sungly into my budget while I'll have to stretch by 30k for the Kappa Magna. Someone even suggested that the resale values of the 1.1's have plummetted after the launch of the Kappa's. Could this be true ?

Given my usage & requirements which of the 2 would you suggest ? Let the opinions flow
Old 11th April 2009, 12:49   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Was going through the buyer's guide of the latest Overdrive and was zapped to find that the 0-100 figures of the i-10 1.1 is given as 15.3 secs as compared to 16.6 secs for the Kappa. Isnt this a typo ?
IMO if you're ok with spending 30k's more go for the 1.2. That occasional outstation drive will be a breeze and since its a newer variant it makes more sense. The 0-100 figures for Kappa must be 16.6 secs for the Automatic Variant, it sure is a typo, i think its around 13 odd secs for the 1.2 Manual Kappa.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:12   #191
BHPian

thnx anil but in the last 7 years of owning a car, i've only done a trip once. Cant even call that a trip, just a 180 kms to & fro Chennai - Wallajah. And that one trip nearly ended in disaster with my front left tyre blowing out.

So the 1.1 Era it is....Was keen on white (non metallic) but the car in flesh looks far from impressive (just my opinion) Have zeroed in on silky silver. My previous car was in silver grey too. Yeah, I'm a Mc Laren guy !

Should be on hand within the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Last edited by slipstream : 12th April 2009 at 13:14.
Old 13th June 2009, 12:21   #192
BHPian

Currently the Zen Estillo LXI (discount of approximately Rs. 30,000 - Rs. 40,000) and the Spark LS (Discount of approximately Rs. 55,000 - Rs. 65,000) are both available between Rs. 3.3 L - Rs. 3.4 L OTR Pune. Both comes with AC, PS, Front PW, Body coloured bumpers, etc. Spark is offering 3 years of free service.

- Monthly running will be under 500 kms all in the city
- 90% self driven.
- 1 - 2 people will be in the car most of the time.
- Car will be sold in 2 years
- Resale value is somewhat important.

Overall I find the Spark to be the better vehicle but after going through a lot of pains with Tata/Fiat A.S.S. I am leaning towards buying a Maruti because I have seen almost no complaint on our forums regarding their A.S.S. Looks of the Estilo are acceptable to me.

Any suggestions or comments in regards to the cars and discounts available would be appreciated!
Closed Thread