Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2007, 17:06   #76
BHPian

Going through the entire thread, it seems like @vivek_pinkoo will be more overjoyed than Simon on his purchase of Estilo!

Just kiddin...after all, we should marry a person whom WE like, and simon did the right thing in that sense...

So...all the best Simon, are you joining us for the TBHP meet at lemon grass this sunday??
Old 14th September 2007, 19:00   #77
BHPian

Red face help me too

Swift: pros: Excellent driveability, smooth drive ,excellent stearing,brand maruti in india is big in terms of service and resale value

cons: poor space in front but more so in rear,poor suspension, very common nowadays

Getz1.1: pros: spacious, good features(in base model unlike in uva where these features are only in top model) like rear saet 60:40 folding, rear defogger,tilt straering ; suspension is exellent; ;good gear box.brand hyundai is better in terms of resale and A.s.s than chevy.

cons: driveabilty was not upto the mark,power stearing was bad,

Uva: pros: good looks, feel of a big car from outside as well as when you sit inside it, driveabilty is not as good as swift but much better than getz 1.1; excellent suspension.

cons: brand chevy not to popular in india so resale and a.s.s will be poor. features like tilt stearing and seat folding are only in top models unlike getz!
im confused which one shud i go for. plz help me!
u may suggest me other cars too

someone from chevy told me that uva is being closed pretty soon.
my heart says uva but if the model will be closed there will be big problem regarding service, spare parts and also resale.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
OT: Are you regretting your decision after buying Spark? I hope you know that it is also Korean.
Na na.. I love Sparky.. yea and the Spark WAS korean.. and I know how the Koreans go about things..
Old 15th September 2007, 11:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Going through the entire thread, it seems like @vivek_pinkoo will be more overjoyed than Simon on his purchase of Estilo!
Whatever you say I don't mind.

But I am happy the I could able to use my 16 Years experience spent using and driving car in different category and whatsoever knowledge I have, using that could guide someone sincerely.
Old 15th September 2007, 12:01   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
im confused which one shud i go for. plz help me!
u may suggest me other cars too
Go for which, you have to compromised least.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:12   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
After the TD with my family I immediately booked "Zen Estilo"
CONGRATS!
Quote:
(I know I will be hated for this).
We settled on Champagne Beige Vxi
Its actually the pink estilo that many of us hate!
Quote:
So I am one happy person now.
Thats what finally matters. Congrats again!
Old 15th September 2007, 15:02   #82
BHPian

Well Simonkayar, being a very happy owner of a 2 month old Estilo with 2500km, I was going to respond to your original post, but am glad that there were already many people to steer you in what I believe to be the right direction! So, Congratulations!!

The Estilo is an awesome car and a pleasure to drive. So much so that I can no longer drive our Hyundai Accent! :P And going with Maruti is a good choice, as it keeps maintenance and repairs at a much lower cost than other companies.

p.s. Also good choice on not going for the Pink..... sorry - 'Purple Fusion' estilo!
Old 15th September 2007, 22:50   #83
BHPian

I read in Overdrive that GM is coming out with a face lifted uv-a . This will basically be an aveo sedan with the boot chopped along with a few other minor changes. This is to be launched in the FFURT show. Maybe GM will bring this to India as the 08 model.
So, maybe it might not be a right move for someone to go with a UV-a now!
Old 16th September 2007, 02:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, Simon. Wish you many years of safe and enjoyable driving. Keep posting updates on the Estillo. Its one car that many people ignore just on the basis of the looks. I mean, with the Zen badge, one really had impossibly high expectations.
Old 17th September 2007, 10:10   #85
BHPian

Default Thanks Everybody

Thanks eddy, will write the ownership of the car after the first service. I am one excited guy and so you can expect a lot of feedback and photos soon.

Vivek_Pinkoo, you kept the pace going for estilo as a choice and hence your years of experience really has helped me.

Vebmetal, you are right. I enjoy driving it a lot. But then I have driven only Santro.

Lalvaz, Yes will come up with a detailed report in a month. I too would have love to call it only Estilo. If given an option I would have chosen the Estilo compared to the old Zen. Well that is me. The Estilo and Zen are two cars that are as different as they can be, but unfortunately share the same name.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:23   #86
BHPian

Default Cost difference between alto and spark

Can somebody tell me how much money I will lose if I buy an estilo over an alto after 3 years, when I think I might sell the car?

Bangalore is an accident ridden place, so I have to anticipate some dents in addition to the initial cost, annual insurance, and the total fuel cost.
Old 27th September 2007, 19:08   #87
BHPian

Smile which car Estilo\Santro\Wagon R

Hi All,

I am a new driver and i am planning to buy a car, i am not sure whether i shall go for pre-owned car or new one ... If i'll get some good deal then i'll go for old one.... Other wise i am planning to buy a NEW car... Most probably a new Car.... i am looking forward to 3 cars, Estilo , santro, wagon R...I personally like the styling of Estilo and the interior of it....i am not sure about the engine etc.... my preferance of the cars are below

Estilo :- i like this car , styling , interiors etc , but not sure about the internals like Engine, Gear Box etc..

Santro:- I do like this one... but i heard(not sure) that they are stopping the model by the next year...So i am not sure weather i shall go for this or not..

Wagon R:- i personally dont like much styling of this car... but i heard and learned that this car is good in all aspects..... thats why i have a 3rd preferance for this...(No power windows on LXI)

my requirement is ......I want some decent space (not much or less)... good driving pleasure.. sometime i'll for outings (long drive) etc... Will drive both on highways and city too..

can you please help me in deciding that which car shall i go for?

your reply would be appreciated
Old 28th September 2007, 10:33   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Simon, Congrats on your car.

@ Rajpandey : Please search through this section. There are several existing threads which you will benefit from.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:46   #89
BHPian

Thanks GTO. Now driving my car on the busy roads of Bangalore daily (using it to commute to my office)
Old 4th October 2007, 18:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
Hi All,

my requirement is ......I want some decent space (not much or less)... good driving pleasure.. sometime i'll for outings (long drive) etc... Will drive both on highways and city too..

can you please help me in deciding that which car shall i go for?

your reply would be appreciated
As GTO said numerous threads exist.. If you go for long drives you should include the Spark also.. its a better car for highway than the others mentioned..

Nimz
Closed Thread