Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 15th September 2007, 01:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Swift seems to be the best option in your budget. Get the petrol Vxi. Power windows,Central Locking,A/c,Power Steering...What else do you want.
My swifts so far have lasted me a yr. No Problems at all.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 01:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

UV-A finish is not the best. Also its underpowered.
It would be a chore to accomodate 5 in swift.

Getz seems to be a good bargain.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 01:47   #18
BHPian

Getz is the best of th lot but resale might not be the best so i think swift would be the best one here
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 11:20   #19
BHPian

my monthly drive will not be more than 300 a month so no point in buying a diesel(if my driving increasres i may get lpg fittedOES THE WARRANTY GET VOID IF YOU FIT LPG)
by what majority of you say its between swift and getz.
getz 1.1 seems underpowered.
swift is a good drive but is it difficult to drive in city??? because of low end torque as some of you say. between getz and swift which has a better lo end torque and which will be better for mostly city driving with 4 people?
dr_aryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 11:24   #20
BHPian

i would also like to ask that whether i should go in for esteem or not.
in almost the same price of swift you are getting a sedan, and besides it has less width than swift so scratches would be less and driving easy?
however someone told me esteem is going to be removed soon from the market so........?
dr_aryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 11:51   #21
BHPian

Listen Dude you wanna keep the damn car for more than 5 years so forget the resale issue. Go for Getz if possible 1.3 only. If you wanna go for 1.1 then its better you buy a santro(wont make you feel underpowered a lil atleast) coz engine is the same in both Getz 1.1 and santro.

My advice is Getz 1.3 and nothing else. Swift's backseat, though not uncomfy but it kind of chokes you. I remember my friends grandmother doesnt sit in that car she says something like "Dil ghabranda hai"!!!
Swift has issues with clutch too. So why buy a car which has so many issues as of now and just a good resale value.
So buy a getz 1.3 you wont need to think about resale once you own it. Cheers..

Last edited by somebodystopme : 15th September 2007 at 11:52.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 12:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
i would also like to ask that whether i should go in for esteem or not.
Why don't you seriously consider it? Excellent VFM and proven over the years.
Buy what appeals to YOU. Buying a car is in many ways a rather personal matter. You've read all the major concerns, opinions etc.. now go for what you heart tells you.
P.S. Do take a look at the Versa too! Another excellent VFM deal.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 13:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Getz is a good option - you will get a few discounts even

Swift Petrol - a good choice, swift diesel is FAb !! No doubt, but legroom is pathetic, its a 2 person car really !! ( for me at least who is 6ft and weighs 95 kg )
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 13:07   #24
BHPian

If you can extend your budget a little then go for Getz 1.3.

If not go for Swift. Getz1.1 will not be powerful when AC is on.
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 14:12   #25
BHPian

getz is a nice option coz leg room is great and hyundai product's r really nice (i don't mean to say maruti is not) and resale value i feel both will be same not much of difference, cost of maintainance is less in hyundai
pabheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 18:04   #26
BHPian

I dont know if Esteem is going to be phased out or not? But Esteem has its own share of problems. It starts Rattling soon and then Rear suspension is very bad.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 20:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Don't wanna confuse you further, but you could consider the INdica XETA GLX. Fits your budget, can handle 5 people, and is VFM.

If you can live with TATA service, XETA is a no-hassle car.
This is not such a bad suggestion at all. If you're OK with <70ps i.e. you're not looking to impress the gals burning rubber, even the Xeta 1.2 is a good car. At <3.2L on road, it gives you nearly the same ride and handling as a Swift or a Palio and quite easily seats 4 very very comfortably. Use the money you save to upgrade to a larger vehicle earlier than the 5 years you plan to keep this.

I know someone who has had a 1.4 GLS for over 1 1/2 years now and is extremely happy. He invested the Rs. 90K odd that he saved (by not buying some other car) and claims to have more than recovered half the cost of his car.
wizardofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 20:42   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hi Dr_Aryan,

Since you have waited for so long, why not wait just a wee bit longer to see whether PA meets your needs or not. Going by the discussions on the forum, it may be launched pretty soon.

If waiting is not possible, then you will have to take a call on which is more important for you - - space for 5 or performance and then choose between the Getz and Swift.

If you decide that space for 5 is an absolute must, then Swift might be (?) ruled out and you should buy the Getz with a little compromise on performance. However, if you think that you will be able to manage with 4 adults most of the time and squeeze in the 5th one whenever needed, you should buy the Swift and get complete MUL package.

PS: why not take a test ride of Swift sitting in the backseat. A friend of yours driving and three of yr family in the back seat. I think you will find that its not THAT bad, at least for short drives.

PS2: I have not ridden or seen or heard much about the UVA so cant comment

Sorry if I have confused you more.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th September 2007 at 20:44.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 21:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

Since this car will have a full load of passengers, ride quality becomes important, as does low-end torque. With this in mind, and a non-negotiable budget of 4.5 lakhs, the Getz seems better suited - altho you'll need to take a call on the 1.1's drivability by TDing it first.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 22:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dr. I dont think you should be thinking much about this. The U-Va is the one for you if you are not the person who wants to really race on the highways. The U-Va has the space that you need and the warranty for 3 yrs adds value to the price. Since youa re planning to keep the car for more than 5 years i dont hink you would be that much bothered about resale value. The "localisation" in the U-va is the least as far as i know. So even if anyone agrees or not i can vouch that the quality levels would be high. I can be sure since i've seen an UNO 1.2 which was a "completely knoked down unit" and also an adventure sport which has a major localisation share. And the difference can just be seen by the eyes!!!

Just go for the U-Va.

But if you wanna go with the crowd and if you dont mind spending more on less space coz you want good customer care by Maruti, i'd sugest the Swift 1.3. No need for the diesel if you dont have that much running to do. the diesel is just highly overpriced. They dont give you anything worth that price.

all the best and drive safe
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote