Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 12th August 2008, 14:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Linea is sept 4th. This is as per my calls with the sales managers up in dilli a week back.
Old 12th August 2008, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Linea is sept 4th. This is as per my calls with the sales managers up in dilli a week back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja
Linea - Sept '08
Punto- '08 end or '09 beginning
Honda Jazz- Mid or end '09
All above dates are as per press releases from Company spokepersons.
Phamilyman/Karan, yesterday's TOI carried this - "Fiat will launch Grande Punto towards end of year and Linea sedan next year". Here is the link on the full arrticle Fiat plans export to right-hand drive mkts-India Business-Business-The Times of India
On the other hand, a user in Carwale, quoting the same interview, says "We have already launched Palio in the 1300cc multijet diesel engine and it is picking up numbers. The next would be the Linea sedan around the festive season, while the Grande Punto hatchback will be out early next year," he said. Here is the link FIAT LINEA - coming 2008 | Let's Discuss Cars | Forums - CarWale.com

Now, what is true ?
Old 12th August 2008, 16:07   #18
BHPian

sridharps - don't bang your head against the wall for that, you will know whats true as soon as the cars hit the market - it ain't to far anyways, hang in there.
Old 12th August 2008, 16:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Now, what is true ?
Quote:
Outlining an ambitious and aggressive revival plan for Fiat in India, a market where the company's volumes shrunk to 0.2% in 2007-08, or just 3,379 units out of the total car industry sale of 12 lakh units, Kapoor said, "We have already launched Palio in the 1300cc multijet diesel engine and it is picking up numbers. The next would be the Linea sedan around the festive season, while the Grande Punto hatchback will be out early next year," he said.
This was the article in carwale. Seems like an error in the TOI article. I think the TOI meant the other way around also we have seen spy pics of Linea around and no spy shots of Punto . Hang on there Linea is surely around the corner. Both the articles were interviewed with Mr. Kapoor ! I would be optmistic and stick to carwale article.

Last edited by karanraheja : 12th August 2008 at 16:28.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I would be optmistic and stick to carwale article.
Thanks guys, it does get frustrating since I have postponed my purchase for the last six months -waiting for the Linea and the City.
Old 16th August 2008, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Thanks guys, it does get frustrating since I have postponed my purchase for the last six months -waiting for the Linea and the City.
I join you in this wait. I recently had a test drive of the Renault and swift and decided to wait for the Fiat Linea/Punto (haven't narrowed down yet). It is a superb machine and too good to ignore it for fiat's issues on after sales service. Let's hope they improve it.
Old 27th August 2008, 00:59   #22
BHPian

Punto was incl in Fiat India's website a few months ago (in the Watchout Coming Soon section). But now, there's no mention of it (although the Bravo and Linea continue to be listed). So, any change of plans regarding GP? Also, in Fiat international website, India isn't listed as countries where the Palio is sold!!

Hyundai i20 should be incl in this list, and would be a Oct/Nov'09 probable.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenmani View Post
But now, there's no mention of it (although the Bravo and Linea continue to be listed).
Even Linea is gone from the fiat india web site. Only bravo is there.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:58   #24
BHPian

Linea waited for the All New Honda City and Punto is waiting for i20 for sure. I expect the i20 specs to give even worse shocks to Fiat than the ANHC gives now.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:35   #25
BHPian

Fiat is not worth waiting for.

Punto has competition from i20,Jazz,all Marutis purely for what that company means in Indian,Fabia,Renault and Nissan's hatchbacks when they arrive.

Linea has Civic,Altis,G3HC,New Lancer,Embera,Fiesta S,NHC,slowly creeping Logan to compete with.

Fiat 500 :If BMW decides to bring in MINI, I'm sure this would loose its charm even if Mini was priced at 20lacs. (11,000 odd UK sterling + 100/110% duty).4lacs more for this vehicle will make more sense to anyone in India unlike how the world views the glorified Cinquecento.Its a MINI! and sold by BMW!

The point I'm trying to make is, the buyers have not been told which audience each of these cars are targetting.Hence the choices from all realistic segments were written above. We haven't been able to conclude that so and so is better in the segment or not!Biggest mistake by Fiat whilst keeping us waiting.

If they had mentioned target audience,we would still think "OK , I'll wait for Linea/Punto cause even the new launch hasnt got what it has" whether it be style,features,snob value,practicality,whatever.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 26th September 2008 at 10:39.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:06   #26
BHPian

FIAT was really a worth waiting. I do not regret a single bit for waiting this beauty punto.

Got my MJD punto E Pk 13000 KMs back and she is smoother than ever.
Closed Thread