Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 16th October 2007, 22:55   #1
BHPian

Default Second thoughts on the Spark.

I recently booked the Chevrolet Spark. I am having second thoughts about purchasing the car now. They are asking on road price of Rs. 3.499 lakhs for the PS model which is about 2000 rupees more than the advertised price. Moreover, they say that the car is immediately available, so I am worried whether they are pushing a test driven car on me. I am having an issue trusting the dealer. I have been saving up to buy a car for quite some time now. I don't want to make any mistake, but I am not at all good at bargaining etc. Is there any way to delay the booking, or cancel the booking and going to the other dealer etc. Please advise. thanks.
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 06:59   #2
BHPian

Hey Jorge,
This happens....even my hands shook when I signed the chq for 50k!
Have some confidence. If possible take someone who has bought a car along with you.
I am not sure abt the cancellation process...but in case you decide to take the car, from thi perticular dealer or anyone else, take a printout of the below thread and crosscheck your car against it...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Everything will be ok.
Best of luck.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 08:47   #3
BHPian

If you are buying from Garuda, I have seen that they have enough stock at their stockyard on Mission road. So dont worry on pushing the test drive car on you. You can request the dealer to have a look at the car blocked for you before it is registered, most prob they will take you to the stock yard and show you.Follow the above link that amohit referred. Request to change if you are not satisfied, be bold. And congrats, you are going to own one of the best small cars in the market. And drive safely.
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 09:07   #4
BHPian

I think the Spark is superb buy during these 10 days - about 50K off on the LS model.
If you're hesitating, make sure you have the proper reasons
It seems the 50K off offer is only for these 10 days.
Best of luck! IMHO, the deal is really really good!
EatMyDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 10:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I recently booked the Chevrolet Spark. I am having second thoughts about purchasing the car now. They are asking on road price of Rs. 3.499 lakhs for the PS model which is about 2000 rupees more than the advertised price. Moreover, they say that the car is immediately available, so I am worried whether they are pushing a test driven car on me. I am having an issue trusting the dealer. I have been saving up to buy a car for quite some time now. I don't want to make any mistake, but I am not at all good at bargaining etc. Is there any way to delay the booking, or cancel the booking and going to the other dealer etc. Please advise. thanks.
Well dude.. even I had the same doubt.. but then in Chevy.. all test drive cars have some "test drive" kinda thing painted on them. So normally it is very rare for you to get a test drive car. Also see the odo reading. SHould not be more than 30 odd. I asked to see the car shortlisted for me ebfore they registered. You can do that too. But once they bring it to the showroom push and ensure that it gets delivered asap to you.. because.. once its in the showroom sometimes due to the lack of test drive cars yours could be used.!!
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 11:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
I think the Spark is superb buy during these 10 days - about 50K off on the LS model.
If you're hesitating, make sure you have the proper reasons
It seems the 50K off offer is only for these 10 days.
Best of luck! IMHO, the deal is really really good!
The 50K offer is only for 10 days?. I am pretty sure that this offer is to stay. If you have not paid any money, and wish to buy the Spark only, there would be other dealers, at least in Bangalore. Spark is a decent car, but in recent months, there are very few reports of waiting periods. You have saved money for this, and there is no reason that you should feel uncomfortable about your purchase.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 11:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
because.. once its in the showroom sometimes due to the lack of test drive cars yours could be used.!!
Yes that is true. I have test driven a brand new Honda City and a brand new Toyota Corolla H4. Fortunately for me, there were no other TD cars available at that time. TD a new car is unlikely but it happens, and since TDs are for max 10 kms only, your new car OD would still be less than 50-100 kms. It is very difficult to find out if the new car has been test driven.
Old 17th October 2007, 11:41   #8
Team-BHP Support

buy either the most or the least popular colour.

most popular will be rolling stock.
least popular will be ordered specially for you.

am not sure if this method is 100% good, so please don't ask me to justify.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 11:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
.. once its in the showroom sometimes due to the lack of test drive cars yours could be used.!!
I second Nimz. When I went to TD the Optra diesel, I got a car waiting to be delivered since they did not have a test car at that time. Its only after I ripped the car and we came back to the showroom did the sales guy tell me that it was a car getting readied for delivery and that couldnt not refuse TDs to customer. After my drive he went out with the same car for another TD along with a new potential buyer and family.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 11:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

For all I know, perhaps even my new car was test driven. It had 54 kms on the odo (Galaxy, Motinagar, Delhi). But I have thought about it only now, and I shall not lose any sleep over it tonight.
Old 17th October 2007, 11:55   #11
Team-BHP Support

This happens quite often. Avigo, Forester, NHC and Ikon in my case - all delivery cars with less than 100kms on the odometer.
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 11:58   #12
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the reassurances. Apart from what is in the checklist, what are the things I can do to get the car in the best possible condition? Since I have to work during weekdays, I can only go on Saturday to pay the remaining amount to Sundaram. I can request to see the car on Saturday itself? Once I give the cheque, and they get the full amount what can I expect to happen?

It is really great to have a forum like this to have my doubts answered?
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 12:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

What happens is upto the dealer. But if they say the car is available, and you pay the amount, they will wait for cheque clearance (not an issue if you pay by DD). You should check when payment is cleared, and get after them to register the car and complete the formality. Since the balance money could be for more than 1 lakhs, it should be a high value cheque which is cleared in a day. If all proceeds as expected, you should expect your new car by say Wednesday/Thursday. Later than that should not be acceptable to you (unless you wish to take the car on the weekend).
Old 17th October 2007, 12:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Thanks everybody for the reassurances. Apart from what is in the checklist, what are the things I can do to get the car in the best possible condition? Since I have to work during weekdays, I can only go on Saturday to pay the remaining amount to Sundaram. I can request to see the car on Saturday itself? Once I give the cheque, and they get the full amount what can I expect to happen?

It is really great to have a forum like this to have my doubts answered?
Can you bunk office for some time (or go after office) and give them the money today. Check (high value)/DD cleared on Thursday, registration completed on Friday, car ready on the weekend. Insist that you know that you are giving a high value cheque which should be cleared in a day (many dealers do not tell this so that they can delay with an excuse that payment clearance is 3 days).
Old 17th October 2007, 12:35   #15
BHPian

Jorge,
whatever you do, but please clear up all your doubts before you take the delivery. Dont purchase if you are in doubt. its your first car, and you got to enjoy the whole experience. So please make up your mind and then proceed.
And trust me, it will be worth it taking a day or two off to get the delivery.
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote