Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 5th January 2005, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey mohit, so wot car did u get?
By the way, with everyone praising the petra so much, one cant help but get sucked into it. I like the petra .. best VFM car, but with that after sales thing, and fiat's shaky future (there was a thread about Fiat's financial status ) it would be kinda hard to put 5+ lac on a car that wont be backed up nicely by service.
I'd rather put my money on an Indigo. Heard a lot of praise about its suspension (that would be put to some gruelling test on that Banner gaddha road) and some criticism about its gearbox (check out shan2nu's thread in which he test drove an indigo)

Lambo, about that collision between an octy and an esteem, it seemed that the esteem had collided straight on into the side of the octy. No doubts about octy's superior build quality, but since esteem's front end was involved in the collision, the crumple zone would have come into effect, thus absorbing almost all the impact. Dont u think that might have made it look worse for that esteem? Jus asking....

Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mohit, so wot car did u get?
You stood next to it at TGIF! Read the previous post mate!
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 11:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
You stood next to it at TGIF! Read the previous post mate!
hehe... cross connection ho gaya!! I was writing that post when u posted ur reply to satya.

Anyways, congrats mate!!

Next time do point out your car when we meet!!

Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 13:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Hey Satya,

I had posted elsewhere that I had to reduce the budget courtesy my wife taking the 800 that I was planning to exchange. Settled for a Xing (The discount helped )

hehe ,
congrats on ur Xing.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 17:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ajmat]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Sorry, didn't mean to make fun of your comment. Esteem is all aluminium body,

Rubbish - it is a steel body - or rather high tensile tissue paper - if it was aluminium, it would cost more than a Baleno and your local garage would not be able to weld it.
That is called shooting in foot I take back my words. Should have thought better before.

Dont know about other cars, but Maruti esteem has monocoque chassis, so the impact does get transferred to the cabin. Do not know if it was ever crash tested.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote