Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 5th November 2007, 21:36   #31
Default Query on RC

I know this is offtopic but since many here may have experienced the same situation i do want to clear my doubts
I will get delivery of my swift on 12or 13Th Nov & i do want to take it to my hometown in kanpur, my boss told me that this may not be possible for a new car i.e. u cannot take a new car without getting proper RC to other state, Is this so?
I do see a lot of people buying cars & next day off to a long drive maybe out of their state
Confused , what do you guys think
Many thanx
Hatchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 09:49   #32

Hey Awesome! Good decision, welcome to the Swift Owners Club. If it's Vxi try and upgrade the tyres.

Enjoy your ride.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 10:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Tech View Post
Some people say highway mileage of WagonR is 18-20 whereas Swift may touch 15 or so. But on highway WagonR would feel too much riskier where the Swift ---- man you'll love to cruise it at top speeds. It's a dream.

Both have their own advantages over each other.
I never got more than 16.5 on my WagonR on highway drives ---of course,with 100% AC. In city, it varies between 12 to 14, depending on traffic and AC usage.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 11:57   #34

I have never got below 18 since last one year (80% -90% AC On). All my drives where Bangalore -Mysore-Gundalpet-Gudallur-Nilambur-Perinthalmanna and back.So you cant call it is 100% higway drive. But i have never exceeded 110 even in Bangalore-Mysore road, i tried to maintain 70-80 kmpts hr in 5th gear as much as possible. I fill only shell normal/reliance petrol (we dont have shell bunks in kerala).The last FE figure was 19.45 (350/18)..!!!
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 16:13   #35
Senior - BHPian
Default practicality vs sport and speed

The two choices you have mentioned are both good choices. The Swift's sporty stiff suspension might make rough roads a bit hard on you but not impossible and the wagon-R has small tires and will have a little difficulty, too. If I were you I would also look at Maruti Alto.

You will very quickly acquire the driving skills to operate the Swift. Probably your driving skill will not be a big issue. JUDGMENT and the commitment to drive defensively are the real issues for a new driver.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 12:38   #36

Yes Swift takes time to accustom to however even then people will bang into it more often than they will bang into a WagonR. Suspension may be stiff but still overall ride is quite smooth silky soft.

With Diesels gaining controvesies due to new HC and SC Orders under discussion, so Vxi is best.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote