Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 8th December 2007, 02:05   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

why dont you look at the fiesta 1.6.it is solidly built,has good ride quality,handles really well,is decently fuel efficient,has good torque.i think the fiesta would be the closest car to a palio.or you could even look at the sx4 zxi.it has all the features you are looking for.it has good low and midrange torque,handles brilliantly,rides well and is stable at high speeds.Cant really comment about the build quality because that is something time will tell.
the fiesta is a car i would replace my siena 1.6 with.

Last edited by hellspawn : 8th December 2007 at 02:06.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 10:32   #32
BHPian

Thanks every one. Tsuggestions ranges widey to include SX4-zxi, Verna CRDI, Cedia, Honda Civic, Fiesta 1.6, NHC(Vtech+ and CVT). I understand perfectly that unless I am able to shortlist a few of these, this discussion may not lead anywhere. The situation arises form the fact that perhaps none other than Civic and

May I request those who have upgraded from a Palio to other cars to post their experience?
psp62in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 17:29   #33
BHPian

Sorry, my last message was posted incomplete and I realized it only now. It should have read as below:

Thanks every one. Suggestions so far include SX4-zxi, Verna CRDI, Cedia, Honda Civic, Fiesta 1.6, NHC(Vtech+ and CVT). I understand perfectly that unless I am able to shortlist a few of these, this discussion may not lead anywhere, but still I am not sure which way to head.

The situation arises form the fact that perhaps none other than Civic and Cedia, seem to match my safety requirements while bettering Palio on handling & performance. The reported drawback of others -
SX4 - Too early to judge the long term issues and longevity, Also road handling at higher speeds (?)
Verna - Fine on engine perfromance but Road grip and stability/handling at high speeds questionable (some users say that above ~130 its scary!! Very unlike Palio)
NHC- Vtech+ - I just dont know. (CVT does not have the ABS).
Fiesta 1.6 - Need to know more.

May I request those who have upgraded from a Palio to other cars to post their experience?
psp62in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 19:58   #34
BHPian

Default Magnum or cedia

Hi

I am also in the same confusion. Few days back due to the replies & suggestions from BHPians i had decided to uplift from my Accent Viva to Cedia Sports. But when i test driven Magnum(2.0 diesel)...dudes its really rocking.

u dont feel that u r driving a diesel engine..but if you decide for magnum then have to go for top version(LT) as its the only one comes with dual airbags & ABS...which is around 11.18L on road in chennai gives 10kmpl in city(rough)

Cedia Sports is somewhere around 9.84L on road in chennai.but point to be noted is petrol and gives 10KMPL in city(rough)

Considering your usage(5 years minimum) and with 1000kms per month, i would prefer you to strech another 1lac and go for magnum..

To be frank, even i m on this same dilemma whether to choose MAGNUM or CEDIA. though its not apple to apple comparsion...but considering performance, self driving, mileage & support req everyone to give their views too.
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Well, Deepan, It finally boils down to KOREAN or JAPANESE... WHat do you prefer. Coz, all Chevvy's Indian car parts are from Daewoo Korea plant and assembled in India, while Cedia gets most of its components (even seat assemblies) from Japan.
In my experience, Korean cars rattle in a couple of years, while Japanese machines are much more durable.
Both will appeal you the same way as a new car.
Now its your decision...
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:39   #36
BHPian

Hi Raja

As told u i'm always with Mitsubishi...but the problem is petrol or diesel?

i am regional sales manager and will have atleast 40-50kms per day.

i have intially planned either cedia or lancer(sports-diesel) version. But as lancer is an old engine(last 8 years) thought of considering cedia.

Whats your feedback...
Old 10th December 2007, 11:34   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tsk1979 : ..it takes 2 hours minimum for you to get to the service center, this becomes slightly unattractive.
Shouldnot be a regular drive across town, and hence this point should be manageable.

Cedia or Civic. My 2c.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
why dont you look at the fiesta 1.6.it is solidly built,has good ride quality,handles really well,is decently fuel efficient,has good torque.i think the fiesta would be the closest car to a palio.or you could even look at the sx4 zxi.it has all the features you are looking for.it has good low and midrange torque,handles brilliantly,rides well and is stable at high speeds.Cant really comment about the build quality because that is something time will tell.
the fiesta is a car i would replace my siena 1.6 with.
Good suggestion!

Fiesta 1.6 is often forgotten in the battle of the mid segmenters! It would definately make a good upgrade from the Palio. A drivers car, Gr8 handling, ABS and cheaper than civic or Cedia!

Apart from that Optra Mgnum also makes sense! Esp for people with heavy usage!

So your shortlist could be

Fiesta 1.6 - Handling+safety+fun to drive
-ve Ford A.S.S., resale and interiors ??

Cedia - Handling +Safety+fun to drive
-ve None really???

Magnum - Extremely fun to drive+gr8 interiors+diesal!
-ve Resale, GM A.S.S.

Civic - Gr8 overall car + brand value etc
-ve Most expensive of the lot?

Elito

This brings me to the question - Which is a better handler Fiesta or Cedia?

Last edited by Elito11 : 10th December 2007 at 11:55.
Elito11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:50   #39
BHPian

Default Why not the Cedia ALPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi Raja

As told u i'm always with Mitsubishi...but the problem is petrol or diesel?

i am regional sales manager and will have atleast 40-50kms per day.

i have intially planned either cedia or lancer(sports-diesel) version. But as lancer is an old engine(last 8 years) thought of considering cedia.

Whats your feedback...
Cedia is available in LPG variants, power of a petrol (well I say almost) and economy of diesel, just watch out for the lesser boot space to accomodate the LPG cylinder.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Good suggestion!

Fiesta 1.6 is often forgotten in the battle of the mid segmenters! It would definately make a good upgrade from the Palio. A drivers car, Gr8 handling, ABS, airbags (top end) and cheaper than civic or Cedia!
No Airbags on Fiesta... It does have ABS+EBD though.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
No Airbags on Fiesta... It does have ABS+EBD though.
Thanks...i edited

Elito
Elito11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 12:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

One -ve for Cedia: Rear seats lack thigh support, not expected from a classic sedan like Cedia.

As for A.S.S., both GM and HM are in the same league.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 13:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

If fuel cost is what you are looking for, then as Airwind said, Cedia with LPG is one choice. Again if you are Chauffeur driven, Cedia is not a good choice. Optra Magnum sure gives more comfortable, luxurious ride than Cedia.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 10th December 2007 at 13:07.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi. It has all that you seek, except airbags.IMO, airbags are not such a great feature to bank on, but that is my personal opinion, shared by some others in this forum too.
I've been owning this car for the past 9 months, and don't have a single complaint. Ford A-S-S is Hyd is as good as Maruti A-S-S, as I also own a WagonR.
The Fiesta 1.6 comes closest to the Palio 1.6 in features. I know that Cedia is a good car, and this forum has many Cedia lovers, but I feel HMs A-S-S is not better than Ford's. That apart, the advantage of its 2 L engine is negated by its extra weight.
I suggest you shortlist the cars and test drive all of them, and then decide.

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th December 2007 at 14:09. Reason: Wrong words--*** became ***
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
If fuel cost is what you are looking for, then as Airwind said, Cedia with LPG is one choice. Again if you are Chauffeur driven, Cedia is not a good choice. Optra Magnum sure gives more comfortable, luxurious ride than Cedia.
Hi raja

i understand.but i will be driving my car and the problem is i am very much int to go for Cedia Sports. So there is no ALPG with cedia sports and HMguys have also told me that the warranty will go void if i make ALPG option out of factory...