Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2007, 16:51   #16
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please post ONLY when you have something of value to add to the thread. Such posts amount to spamming.

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2007 at 10:13.
jerish666 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th December 2007, 17:27   #17
BHPian

Dear bala, it appears that most of your apprensions on the Santro being phased out have been put to rest. If the Santro is what u always wanted..then go for it. Like everyone has already said, the Santro is here for a long time to come.
Old 12th December 2007, 17:53   #18
BHPian

Hey sBala.....If you are thinking of Santro, then better go 4 i10.
i10 is much better that Santro in every respect(and hence is more expensive)
TD both the cars and decide accordingly.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:49   #19
BHPian

@ sbala
all the three cars that you have asked about are good!!.. The i10s a bit class apart,with it having a sun-roof (something interesting in a small hatchback segment), a new design plus a host of other features which might not be there in the Santro. Go for i10 by shelling a little bit more from your pocket . after all the decision is yours.
Although the chances of Santro(present model) getting phased out are there, Hyundai will not eliminate the "Santro" brand completely. The company may come out with all together a new model of the Santro, like MUL did with its Zen, by launching the Zen Estilo.

Dhaval
Old 12th December 2007, 20:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi proud owner of i10!!!
How do you feel the leg room in the back compared to santro or Zen? I feel that this car is smaller than others so assume less space. May be I am wrong.
MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Hey sBala.....If you are thinking of Santro, then better go 4 i10.
i10 is much better that Santro in every respect(and hence is more expensive)
TD both the cars and decide accordingly.
Old 13th December 2007, 03:42   #21

Lot of leg room is available. Apart from the space available in normal course, they have carved out the front seats. So you get more leg room in the back. (All of us in our family are about 6 ft and we can easily fit in the car).
Old 13th December 2007, 08:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
@ sbala
all the three cars that you have asked about are good!!.. The i10s a bit class apart,with it having a sun-roof (something interesting in a small hatchback segment), a new design plus a host of other features which might not be there in the Santro. Go for i10 by shelling a little bit more from your pocket . after all the decision is yours.
The i10 model with SunRoof is quite an expensive one and people who beleive in VFM will not actually go for that model.
i 10 Magna - O with Sunroof (Metalic)494218
Ex-Showroom Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Although the chances of Santro(present model) getting phased out are there, Hyundai will not eliminate the "Santro" brand completely. The company may come out with all together a new model of the Santro, like MUL did with its Zen, by launching the Zen Estilo.
This is very unlikely since they are replacing Santro (Atos) in foriegn markets by i10 and lauching a model to just to retain Santro brand in India seems very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Hi proud owner of i10!!!
How do you feel the leg room in the back compared to santro or Zen? I feel that this car is smaller than others so assume less space. May be I am wrong.
MJ
Legroom is definitely better than Santro and Zen. The i10 is 7cm long than Santro and also the boot has been compacted a bit to provide more space in the rear seats.
Old 13th December 2007, 10:52   #23
BHPian

iKon was not phased out, Accent was not phased out - They are still in the market though Ford and released Fiesta and Verna. We can expect the same with Santro. I personally feel there could be price reduction on all its versions.
Old 13th December 2007, 11:05   #24
BHPian

If u really like the santro then you can go for it. Even if it is discontinued in couple of years u wont have any problem with spares and all.

Now between the i10 and the swift, i think its swift all the way due to its engine and road presence.

I would advice you to test drive all the cars back to back and then make a decision.

And no matter what you choose, you will be happy as all the cars are good in their own way.
Old 13th December 2007, 11:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear that. i always had a opinion that its smaller. I agree that I have never tested it or even sat in that. Only thing i did is seeing the pictures and one or 2 on roads...
Time to check out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Legroom is definitely better than Santro and Zen. The i10 is 7cm long than Santro and also the boot has been compacted a bit to provide more space in the rear seats.
Old 13th December 2007, 11:28   #26
BHPian

I think they should revamp the santro with a new engine and design- Somehow like it much better than the Ugly Brazillian Toad with Lizzard popping eyes called the i-10.
Old 13th December 2007, 11:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
I think they should revamp the santro with a new engine and design- Somehow like it much better than the Ugly Brazillian Toad with Lizzard popping eyes called the i-10.
Nice desc. abt the i10 regarding the revamping of santro, IMO it will be based on the numbers that are churned out by i10. If i10 starts giving good numbers than production of Santro is definitely going to take a hit. They have even started reducing the model variants (AT is not available anymore..also XO which used to come with all 4 power windows/rear wiper etc. has also been phased out)
Old 13th December 2007, 13:16   #28
BHPian

I don't think the santro will be phased out so soon. Atleast till the i10 proves good sales figures on the chart atleast.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:15   #29
BHPian

I dont think the Santro would be phased out.It is the bread and butter model. It could be made avaialble at a cheaper price later on.Hyundai is following Maruti's policy of keeping two products in the same price barrier.This gives choice to the consumer and he stays with the company.
You could buy the i10 as it is a new product based on the tried and tested Santro. The price difference is not that much.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:23   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Santro still sells around 10,000 cars a month! That itself answers the question of whether it will be phased out or not!
Closed Thread