Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 20th December 2007, 01:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Whats the on road price for Getz D and swift D in Mumbai for similar spec'd versions ?
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 04:18   #17
BHPian

Swift LDI - 4,90,151
Swift VDI - 5,24,037
Swift VDI W ABS - 5,44,901

Getz Prime GVS 1.5 CRDi - 597,587

* Ex Showroom prices (Mumbai)
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 06:32   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i'd say go with the getz D if you can afford it.it has more power,is better built,has more space and the cabin panels dont start rattling after 1 month.also the getz has better ride quality compared to the swift.
the only reason why i would pick up the swift d is if i had a budget constraint.
the getz D is a winner in every dept.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 07:34   #19
BHPian

Both swift and Getz are good cars.If you looking at safety features swift is better than Getz.Getz has more powerful engine,and yes if you want more power in swift ofcourse you have Petes Tuning Box.Swift has ABS brakes.But i dont know whether ABS model is ready avialable or not.It is very difficult to get it,you have to book the car and wait for 2 or 3 months.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 10:15   #20
NIP
Senior - BHPian

simple. if you want your cant in less than six months, its the getz. if you're ready to wait six months, swift it is.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 10:17   #21
BHPian

I think Getz D would be a better option if budjet is not a constraint. It is more powerful, comfortable and spacious compared to Swift. Build quaility is also better than Swift. Even I like the looks of Getz much better than Swift
joseph5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 10:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

If u don't think of Money.Just go for GetZ.
It's an Amazing creature.It's very fun to drive like a Sportz car.
Defn you will enzoy the ride.But the down side is it's resale value.
*** is not a Big problem with hyundai.
Go for Getz and rule the road.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 11:13   #23
BHPian

Default hello

hey guys

Hyndai getz CRDi is good the reason is its more powerful spacious if you compare with swift................I own hyundai getz crdi the first lot in mumbai.........the car is giving 14 km per liter full time AC in town..............but after second service the average will be almost 18/20 +..................the car runs like a rocket.............Its fire I can say
dins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 11:19   #24
BHPian

GEtz CRDi is readily available with Hyundai motor plaza,mahalaxmi,Mumbai
dins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 11:41   #25
BHPian

thanx for all those replies guys....ok an update frm my side...i went to the hyundai showroom (jayabharat)...they said that they only had 2 getz D at present and none of them is a TD vehicle...both are silver in colour and one is already been booked...they said that they would be gettin the fresh new lot of Getz D in jan 2008. i was so pissed that i cudnt get a TD...on the other hand after that incident i went to the maruti vitesse showroom...they gave me a nice long TD of the Swift D. but when i drove the swift D demo car...it was rattling like anything and it had only clocked 9000kms. that really made me think about what will happen to the swift after say a year or 2!!!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 20th December 2007 at 11:45. Reason: Smileys
kausu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 12:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have found the build quality better in Getz. Like you observed, the rattles and squeaks surface pretty quickly in the Swift.
The main thing the Swift has going for it is the Multijet engine... I personally prefer the Getz as an overall package.
Would suggest you wait a bit until they get the Getz TD cars in Jan. Or, maybe you can visit another Hyundai showroom and try your luck there.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 15:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kausu View Post
thanx for all those replies guys....ok an update frm my side...i went to the hyundai showroom (jayabharat)...they said that they only had 2 getz D at present and none of them is a TD vehicle...both are silver in colour and one is already been booked...they said that they would be gettin the fresh new lot of Getz D in jan 2008. i was so pissed that i cudnt get a TD...on the other hand after that incident i went to the maruti vitesse showroom...they gave me a nice long TD of the Swift D. but when i drove the swift D demo car...it was rattling like anything and it had only clocked 9000kms. that really made me think about what will happen to the swift after say a year or 2!!!
The earlier Swifts when just launched had lots or rattles. The test-drive car cannot be a benchmark for rattles. It is a car with 9k Kms on the odo, badly driven, mishandled and misbehaved with. You wouldn't do that with your car, would you? I have an 8 month old VDi with no signs of rattles till now.
Autocar and Whatcar have rated the Swift above the Getz. So, if you can live with the rear seat, go in for the Swift. Else the Getz.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 15:28   #28
BHPian

Thumbs up Verna's engine in getz-go for it!!!

i had the same confusion over getz1.3 vs swift 1.3 (petrol versions) and ended up with getz.Let me tell you that,i dnt regret a bit for this hyundai product,its got the space and power and more important the best practicality in its segment.Not that swift is a bad one,when you are not concerned about budget go out for getz.Its a bit over-priced but will surely turn tables for hyundai in the diesel segment.
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 15:50   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have an 8 month old VDi with no signs of rattles till now.
Lucky you
My cousin's 5 day old Swift VDi had Squeaks from rear seats My uncles Petrol Swift had rattles all over in just 6.5k kms run

My friend & cousins 1.5 years & 2 years approxs 30k+ running Getz has no rattles\squeaks whatsoever.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 20:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Lucky you
My cousin's 5 day old Swift VDi had Squeaks from rear seats My uncles Petrol Swift had rattles all over in just 6.5k kms run

My friend & cousins 1.5 years & 2 years approxs 30k+ running Getz has no rattles\squeaks whatsoever.

Same here , mine is just 2 months, and has sqeaking sounds from the rear
surajs is offline   Reply With Quote