Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 21st December 2007, 16:58   #16
tez
BHPian

hey bunny, did u TD 1.3 MJD or you are talking on basis of petrol siblings.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 19:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Even I would suggest you to wait.... Palio 1.3 is worth waiting.. And it seems wait is not long enough.. TATA is also gearing up for MJD so MJD engine is on
its way for FIAT-TATA stable...

Mean time, put your hard earned money in Mutual Funds and get the benefit of the Market till Palio MJD is launched so you would get all the initial petrol-diesel car cost benefit
hey i actually have thought of that, but putting money in the mutual fund just to take it out in 3 months...hmm , i will have to PM you to find out which short term fund are you thinking about huh?

@supremeBaleno
well my brother drives everyday to work , the car is basicaly never there for my ANYone else!
And im expecting my 1st kid in FEB!cheers: so i WANT NEW CAR!!
Maybe i actually will be driving double of what i currently do right now!

Hey guys thank so much for your inputs ,

i just needed to confirm that there would be no issues if a buy diesel in my case. ( i mean considering low usage of car, maintence etc)
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 20:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

One petrol and the other diesel, i would suggest wait for the Fiat Palio 1.3, its gonna be worth it.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 22:14   #19
BHPian

tez : i drove the 1.3 multi-jet
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 23:06   #20
BHPian

@ bunnypunia: wow, you work for FIAT or something ?? so tell us what else is new in the 1.3 ?? besides the transmission and engine ??
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 23:25   #21
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Have you driven a Palio 1.6 ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
hello all

Could you guys help regarding the following.(i am planning a second car.
We've just got a swift but my bro is hijacking it)

However if you would expect the diesel Palio to give me problems due to higher maintenance costs or if diesel is not suitable for me do Tell

regards

Considering that you drive so less I sincerely suggest you take a test drive of the Palio STILE 1.6 before you decide on buying a GETZ of any configuration. I have nothing against the GETZ but I suggest you drive a 1.6 Palio first.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 21st December 2007 at 23:26.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 23:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Well its a bit crazy compario

I think a Palio 1.3 wud be a fun car to drive and would definately recommend it to a single driver or someone needed a FE concious yet peppy hatch for family.

HOWEVER!! a diesal does not makes sense for such a little driving. Also if space is an issue a getz would make much for sense.

BTW...i am heavy footed and own a Getz 1.3. Its a hassel free car and i get 11 kmpl in city all the time I would still suggest a 1.3 GLS in ur budget.

Elito
This is exactly what I wanted to post. Dont listen to the horror stories on Getz 1.3. I went ahead with Getz 1.3 and is a happy customer. Its very comfortable and gives me 11 kmpl in city with heavy footed driving.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:05   #23
BHPian

@BUnnyPUnia
You already test drove the 1.3MJD Palio!! Man how did you get your hands on one. Please do tell your experience? or is there another thread for that?

And wow if the 1.3 getz is gonna give me 11kmpl in bombay city with 100% AC on then , i will be overjoyed . - (My horror stories state 8-8.5km/lt) - i will surely consider the 1.3getz and 1.3MJD then

As for the 1.6Palio
well first i went to the wasan showroom in mumbai, they didnt have one for test drive, i went to worli ( though they have one they werent giving me TD, they had some excuse that they had loaned it to another dealership..dunno what they are talking about)
Also the 1.6Palio in milege hmmmm ( i know i drive less now but as i have stated before wife+1st baby = most probably much more driving car ! = eye out for FE in long term)
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:08   #24
BHPian

If you can wait till jan, why not go in for the Fabia or the Grande Punto?? I bet both of em would have some version which would be within your 5.5 lakh budget and both of em would be here by Jan... But if you have to chose between the Getz or the Palio MJD i'd suggest the Palio... Better driving pleasure, FE & build quality, besides nowadays diesels are not that heavy on the pocket to maintain, service costs are only marginally higher and the FE is much much better and yeah diesels have a bigger service interval so you wont have to get your car serviced too often... Plus itll be a big bonus to have a diesel when you're planning to drive down to some far off destination for a holiday... Mumbai to Goa neone??!!
silentscreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 13:57   #25
BHPian

hmmm
i really do hope they have done something to spruce up the interiors!
i really dont like the way they have "plonked" the power window buttons and the arm rests on the new stile1.1.
Also Dunno why i feel that my legs keep hitting the AC panel in the stile, the case isint so in the older palio