Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 14:34   #46
BHPian
 
deetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 242
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
In December 2007 i got a 4.3laks OTR quote from Advaith Hundai (Bangalore) for Santro GLS. I dont think Hyundai dropped the Santro prices by that much.
I think that much discount was possible in dec , because on of my colleague who bought an 'xo' model in september'07 got it for 4.08L OTR including a xplod mp3player+speakers+sunscreen.Also i remember hyundai advertising santro with a/c+pwsteering for about 3.1Lakh exshowroom , back in dec 07. So, what the sales guy said about 3.6 Lakh for GLS may have been possible then.
deetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 15:49   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default new car at hyundai

Checked the hyundai showroom he is offering me a car at 3.2 with ac but no power steering what do u say ...do u think i should go for second hand car or go for new car without ps ...2008 model...
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 16:53   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Great dude.You have bought the right vehicle (my feeling).

@vamshi: Not sure of Hyd dealers. Maybe other BHPians from Hyd will help you out. But try all the options, take TD etc. BTW, why don't you try 2nd hand Ikon? As your usage is less.
Thanks snaronikar...i too feel that its the right car for me.

I tool feel that Second hand Ikon would be good choice for him, though need to be very careful in choosing the car, since IMO older ikon's maintenance might be highier when campared to Maruti's.

Else if Vamshi is not too worried about looks (i mean he dont want show it off, in front of Koti women's college ...just kidding) he can look at Indica as well.

deeteeQuote:
Originally Posted by vaspro
In December 2007 i got a 4.3laks OTR quote from Advaith Hundai (Bangalore) for Santro GLS. I dont think Hyundai dropped the Santro prices by that much.

I think that much discount was possible in dec , because on of my colleague who bought an 'xo' model in september'07 got it for 4.08L OTR including a xplod mp3player+speakers+sunscreen.Also i remember hyundai advertising santro with a/c+pwsteering for about 3.1Lakh exshowroom , back in dec 07. So, what the sales guy said about 3.6 Lakh for GLS may have been possible then.

@ Deetee: Santro GLS ex-showroom price is still stands at 3.6 laks(i confirmed with the dealer) so its no way the OTR price. However it might be possible that XK with A/C might be available at that price. XK dont have power steering, power windows etc.
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 17:21   #49
BHPian
 
deetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 242
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Checked the hyundai showroom he is offering me a car at 3.2 with ac but no power steering what do u say ...do u think i should go for second hand car or go for new car without ps ...2008 model...
A/C and non pw steering at 3.2, no way, with i 10 available,lesser number of people are going for santro, so you can bargain for more.You should get a/c with PS at about 3.25-3.3 onroad.Try other showrooms.
Else, Indica Xeta is good buy, you can "very" comfortably fit in 4 tall people.

Last edited by deetee : 18th January 2008 at 17:22. Reason: corrected typos.
deetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 22:06   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default confused

well for a car with ps he quoted 3.88 after discount ...do u think i can bargain for 3.3l and also is xeta a good car...well im bit confused what do u say should i go for xeta or go for a second hand santro..
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 19:44   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Indica Xeta

i have today gone to tata showroom and looked at tata indica xeta he is offering me the car 3.39 on road gls model what do u say, how good is the indica xeta?
should i go for it or do you suggest i go for second hand wagon R or santro..
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 14:34   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

@Krishnavamshi24: You should read the threads on New car vs. used car (ARTICLE: Buying a New Car vs Used Car) thread for some advise on how to decide.

In my personal opinion...i would suggest you to go for India Xeta(New Car) since it is available with-in reach of your budget and will have the benefits of new car eg. Warranty, feel of the new car etc. IMO Indica is good car and is in no way inferior to Santro or WagonR. If you like it, then definetly go for it.

In-case you are not very convinced about Indica Xeta then you can think about other second hand cars.

You did not answer my question yet: Did you drive the Santro and WangonR? Do feel comfortable driving them (leg room, head room, shoulder room, rear seat comfort for other passenger's etc)?

What is your budget for maintenance of the car? I mean if you want to go for second hand car...this factor will be very important while choosing the car.

-Vaspro
PS: I have asked my friends in Hyd for the used car dealer's details. I will PM you as soon as i get details.
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 22:11   #53
BHPian
 
TrueDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 273
Thanked: 7 Times
Thumbs up Good Luck. I feel Xeta GLS suits your needs.

I second vaspro on this. I am a proud owner of Indica V2 Xeta GLS taken on 26 Dec 07. I have been in similar situation in last November. Been looking at Second hand cars initially as this is my first car and also the budget was just around 3L like you. Also i would like to mention that i am also 6" and i was looking for lot of space and good handling and performance and initially i was looking at Santro (only reason was lot of them on road. And can seat 5 - Not the ones of our height though.) Also i was not eyeing Indica earlier in November for TATA was Indian brand and then secondly it was known for its Cab image. But i was told about to think about Indica. Infact the option i was given by my cousin and other friends was about a diesel one. However my requirement was also just like yours for occasional weekend drives and other highways pleasures. So i was looking at Petrol counterparts and just then i recollected about the "All New Indica V2 Xeta - You gotta be dumb dumb dumb" ad and then thought of the Xeta and compared it with Santro which i was looking at till then. And when i compared with technical information and other features including space and comfort which was the top priority for me, Xeta just stole my heart. Then i saw Zappo's review about TATA-FIAT Autofin dealership. Just went in and the deal was finalised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post

1) Whether you want sedan/hatch.
Ans)Hatch.

2) Whether FE is important to you?
Ans) Yes it is but i wouldn't traveling so often mostly on weekends.

3) Whether A** is all that important?
Ans) good performance is all that matters.

4) How many times you take your family out?
Ans) Once in a week.

5) Is this your first car?
Ans) Yes it is my first car.

6) How much do you drive per month?
Ans) On an average 200km.

7) Do you use the car only on weekends/commute daily to your office?
Ans) Mostly on weekends but can also take to my office.

Can you please suggest me any other dealers where i can look for second hand cars..quoted the prices of maruti True value before this and also do you suggest i wait for sometime i.e. after the new cars get launched..so prices of other cars come down..

At Moment Maruti Wagon R seems to be the front runner and palio i got feedback from one of our Bhpians that Fe ain't that good
1) Xeta is one of the most spacious hatch available.
2) Xeta is quite fuel efficient for Hyderabad City and highway purposes. I am getting about 10.5~11.5Kmpl with 50~60% AC in City and about 12Kmpl with 100% AC on highway.
3) Regarding A.S.S, my experience at Autofin was good so far and also you can read Zappo's review
4) For the weekend drives, its a pleasure to drive Xeta. This is same in my case.
5) This is good for a first car but not exactly for learners. Thanks to its aerodynamics, you will not be able to view an inch of the bonnet even if you are 6"1'. However this would not be a worrying aspect in the longer case as you will get used to calculating the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead. Also if you follow the Tyre and Tarmac rule (As per this, you must stop your vehicle in such a way that you see the tyres of the vehicle in front rather than the bumper we see or imagine stuff. This method is followed widely in UK and US.)
6) Suits very well for you. Works for about Rs 5 a km which may be a costly affair but you invest very much less. If you want low cost per km (Useful if you travel a lot. For 200 Kms a month, you better stick to a petrol vehicle). 7) Even the city driving is good as you won't feel any pain in your legs or thighs in slow city traffic. This car has good thigh support as well which is a good factor for highway driving.

But i recommend you test drive the car yourself before deciding. The above were good for Xeta.

For Santro, you may like its looks and tall boy design. But for cost and comfort you must accept Xeta is better. But for cruising on highways, i think Xeta can do better. Palio is a great car but is out of your budget and also not too good for 6" like us. WagonR is good but can't seat 5 comfortably. Santro is better in terms of space than WagonR but Xeta rules in this comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24
Thank you very much for Kind and prompt response...im delighted to hear that the car is performing well..it is great news for me...well he is offering me the car 3.09 with basic accesories but for 3.39 he says he will gimme a fully loaded car...what do you say ...and also im in dilemma whether to go for xeta or go for second hand wagonR or santro...what is your suggestion on this .....i have posted the same question in the forums under "what a car" section and waiting for response from the team bhp members before i decide on this...
You can go ahead with the quote he is offering you. Also i recommend you going for the car at 3.09 with basic accessories as you pay extra when it comes to a fully loaded car, if its just accessories on GLS then it is in fact nothing but Fog Lamps, 4 Power Windows, Central Locking (CL) and i doubt if it includes Rear Defogger and Heater.

Also if the version he says @ 3.39 is GLG version, this includes Heater, 2 PW and you need to pay about 7K more for 2 rear PW and includes CL and rear defogger. This isn't the top of the line and there is Xeta GLX which is top end but i don't think its worth to pay that much (~4L) for this one.

The reason i say you to choose a car with basic stuff is because you pay more to dealer than what you pay to get the same done after market.

Even i chose GLS for this reason.I am planning to get ICE, CL and PW at a later stage. I strongly recommend you to go for Xeta based on your above requirements. But please TEST Drive the car *yourself*and not go ahead on anyone's words including mine

Feel free to PM me for any other information on Xeta.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 20th January 2008 at 22:15.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 09:07   #54
BHPian
 
deetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 242
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
I second vaspro on this. I am a proud owner of Indica V2 Xeta GLS taken on 26 Dec 07. I have been in similar situation in last November. Been looking at Second hand cars initially as this is my first car and also the budget was just around 3L like you....
Thats quite right TrueDreamer , i completely agree with you. Even i was in a similar dilemma in nov/dec- my 'estimated'(not accurate) running per month would be about 1000km and hence i couldn't decide between a diesel or petrol- actually if i had gone for a new car it would have been an indica(though my family feels it is cab like). Indica has got :
+better space
+much better comfort interms of suspension
+lower maintenance compared to santro/palio
- cabby image(which am ok with)
but because i couldnot exactly know how much i run/month, i decided i would go for a trouble free used car first(petrol) and then i would know my priorities right. Believe me , its no calkwalk to find a good used car,Vamshi -you have to take pains to find a 'good' used car ,else if time and effort are precious go for a new one.
In this first month of ownership itself i drove for about 900+kms(started learning from scratch) and so,in future it may increase but no signs of reduction. So, my decision turned out to be correct. I can next go for a diesel indica when market is showering discounts.

Vamshi, if you now go for a xeta, make sure you can keep it for next 4-5 years so that depriciation will not hurt you bad when you sell it. Not that anything is wrong about xeta(infact it offers all that can be offered in its segment), but , say in about an year, your monthly running figures may clock beyond 1000km and thats when you may feel you should have gone for a diesel car.So give another round of thinking to it, put down your req. on paper (do it agian if done) , then prioritize them keeping in mind - 1.) used or new
2.) if new, then petrol or diesel

Even if you are a newbie, a diesel will not be any problem- because say you plan to run for about 200km a month intially , that is about 850rs of petrol. with same amount of diesel you can enjoy 450 km of high way drive. Also, if in future your needs of travelling more(if they arise) will not make you think twice before you take the vehicle out.
So, its upto you, think again. If help needed in person-- to inspect used or new cars, PM me, i will be available in sat and sundays.(not this weekend though).
deetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:04   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,328
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

When you are prepared to spend 3L for Pre-owned car, can you shell out 30K more you can get a new ALTO LXI..

Hassel free-VFM
More milage-18kmpl.
good chiling AC.

suggested because your usage is very less and need not worry for about 3-4 years.
Being a new for car market why do you want to risk yourself.

Note:Not because,I owned an ALTO my self.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:36   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Alto ...buddy i guess you have looked into the previous messages i am 6 1 so i wont fit in that small a car...thanks for the advice by the way.
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:03   #57
BHPian
 
katalysm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 120
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Instead of going in for a second hand car ,go in for a brand new car.Less problems.In your budget you could afford a new Nano or 800
katalysm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:15   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

go in for indica xeta petrol gls its got 1.2 liter engine alto is only 800cc, at that price you get decent power and all that ramsagar has mentioned except that the mileage will be around 13-15 in the city depending on AC on off its a good buy do go ahead with it if you like the car!

unlike other hatch backs it body is built to handle the highways too!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:18   #59
BHPian
 
TrueDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 273
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Yes Indica body is best (strong) in its class and i feel this makes the cabby's think they are invincible.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 13:34   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hello everyone i have decided to buy Xeta gls but i have one question he is offering me 30k discount without accessories or 34k worth discount i.e. music system,centralised locking and others so if i want buy the same outside...for 30k what are the things i can get ..
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a Second Hand Car - Learn from my mistakes!!! deepashpuri The Indian Car Scene 145 26th March 2010 14:23
Wise decision-First hand car or second hand car Surprise Hatchbacks 51 4th October 2009 20:04
Need help with second hand Car prices. Hellcat Sedans 3 26th February 2006 16:42
which car to buy.second hand fonsi Shifting gears 27 3rd September 2004 02:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks