Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 24th January 2008, 17:40   #16
BHPian

I think both the cars belong to different segments, and cant be compared.
Go for verna if boot is a concern, it also comes with ABS unlike Getz(as of now)
surajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 17:49   #17
BHPian

Both the cars are in a different category,the Verna in the Sedan,and the Getz in the Hatch category.

If you want a boot,go for Verna or if you can suffice it,get the Getz.

But no matter what car you decide to take between these two,please pick up one with ABS (if budget permits you to do so,and you plan to travel on the highway in this new car). With so much power onboard,we need proper stopping power too.

Talking about VFM view,I'd select the Verna since you presently use a Wagon-R,and it would be good if you have a sedan too for yourself.

cya
A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 17:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
All the Getz variants now have the so called beige interiors (leans towards yellow).

Huge turn off for me, I preferred black with the silver/carbon trims.
no chingis only blacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The only thing really wrong with the Getz diesel is the price. If that doesn't bother you and you don't need a boot, go ahead.
Isnt Getz more spacious/better a.s.s than Fabia/Fusion and hence more VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajs View Post
I think both the cars belong to different segments, and cant be compared.
Go for verna if boot is a concern, it also comes with ABS unlike Getz(as of now)
Check my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-crdi-vgt.html (Kencha- Getz Prime CRDi-VGT)

And why another sedan ? get the most powerful hatch than buying another powerful sedan.

Last edited by jkdas : 24th January 2008 at 17:53.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 12:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Pals,
I too planned to wait for GetZ Crdi ABS.
If it comes earlier,I am the happiest person and do acquire a GetZ Crdi ABS immediately.
Thanx for all your comments.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 13:04   #20
BHPian

Everybody seems to be raving about the Getz CRDI, the engine, the space, now need info about stability at high speeds. Hyundai should kit this car with abs, airbags and bigger tyres and then it will be India's first hot hatch in every way.
Hyundai should see the opportunity and step up to this.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 13:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Everybody seems to be raving about the Getz CRDI, the engine, the space, now need info about stability at high speeds. Hyundai should kit this car with abs, airbags and bigger tyres and then it will be India's first hot hatch in every way.
Hyundai should see the opportunity and step up to this.

What you said is correct.
I am ready to pay 7+Lacs for this version.
Hyundai should think and release a GLS and GLX version.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

pals there's a difference in steering type
Verna has Power assisted Rack & Pinion
But GetZ has only Hydraulic, Power Assisted
Whether any difference in handling?
Old 29th January 2008, 13:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
No, there is no difference, you just have the incomplete specs. AFAIK both the Verna & the Getz have Rack & Pinion steering.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 13:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

Power assist can either be via hydraulics or electric, I think both Verna and Getz are hydraulic powered so no difference here. Handling comes into play with wheelbase difference of Getz and Verna, the longer wheelbase of Verna helps it to take high speed corners with breeze compared to the shorter wheelbase of Getz.
vittalnrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 09:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
Power assist can either be via hydraulics or electric, I think both Verna and Getz are hydraulic powered so no difference here. Handling comes into play with wheelbase difference of Getz and Verna, the longer wheelbase of Verna helps it to take high speed corners with breeze compared to the shorter wheelbase of Getz.
Nope.
Please check these links
Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Getz Prime
Verna : Feel It
Old 30th January 2008, 11:00   #26
BHPian

Hi Pals...

I am aks_karthik's brother and i have taken VERNA CRDI SX with ABS.

my on road cost after all discounts(i have a vendor discount & had viva(petrol) earlier) was about 8.82Lacs.

Its a fully loaded car(without alloys) PASSION RED.

it had go ample boot space, leg room...with kenwood ICE(2 din), ABS, climate control etc.

From my point of view, how can we compare a sedan & a hatch. Getz is a cute hatch and Verna is a Big Boy look.

One more info - Hyundai as such has no plans for GETZ crdi. They are yet to decide whether they have to do aggressive marketing for it. As i have some known folks in HMIL i have got these info.

I took the car 5 days back and now i have completed 300kms and i feel the real power after 1500 RPM..

i dont have any idea if GETZ can with stand that much power above 100kmph..heard from the service engineers in HMP that GETZ also has toggling problem on highways.If it is not with ABS then, its too risky.

one main point...i'm in to marketing and i need a car for my commutation & also as a status symbol..
if you wanna take car under status symbol then VERNA clearly sweeps away all those in that segment withits looks and interiors.

Will post a detailed ownership report ASAP.
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 14:28   #27
BHPian

verna crdi+abs is a good car right now in the diesel market. its a good combination between comfort and performance, not saying that getz lacks in this front, but somehow hyundai forgot something about ABS and even the verna at that price(fully loaded) both petrol and diesle version's dont feature airbags.

me too in a fix whether to go for the Verna CRDi with ABS or wait for Palio MJD 1.3[hoping that FIAT may provide ABS] or hyundai my have read these forums and decide to provide getz with ABS. fingers crossed. In blore, verna crdi+abs on road comes upto 9 lakhs and the getz crdi around 6.2
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 21:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi Pals...

I am aks_karthik's brother and i have taken VERNA CRDI SX with ABS.
if you wanna take car under status symbol then VERNA clearly sweeps away all those in that segment withits looks and interiors.
I feel Verna is a little costlier when compared to what it is offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
me too in a fix whether to go for the Verna CRDi with ABS or wait for Palio MJD 1.3[hoping that FIAT may provide ABS] or hyundai my have read these forums and decide to provide getz with ABS. fingers crossed. In blore, verna crdi+abs on road comes upto 9 lakhs and the getz crdi around 6.2
My suggestion is just wait for some time. There are new cars lined up to be launched and then decide.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 00:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Getz CRDi is 6.76 OTR (without discounts) in Bangalore as per my conversation with Trident Hyundai.
girish.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 12:01   #30
BHPian

does anyone know when would hyundai launch the face lifted getz code name: i20???? is hyundai focusing its attention on i20 for which they are not showing much intrest in updating the current getz with abs or other features that the competition is providing.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote