Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 27th February 2008, 00:12   #31
BHPian

[quote=rudrah;734534]Hello Michael Schume...

Still awaiting your response....

like i said man the sub will try to pull you on his side but i still stand by my word. there are quite a few reasons why u must avoid these sub dealers
they basically by the car from the main dealer.many a times if there is a problem in a car the dealer sells it off to the sub instead of returning it back to the company in order to avoid losses. also the sub has no proper workshop or anything as such and the p.d.i. of the car is done by the main dealer himself which is taken for granted as the car is going to the sub and not the customer. also u'd be going in circles if u had any issues with the vehicle during the time of the delivary as the sub would say its not his fault take it to the dealer and vice versa
i had to take my car from a sub in thane and went through hell.
havent had received the extended warrent papers as promised is just 1 minor issue[sep'07 purchase]
also dude i'm using a 1.6 and f.e. figurs have never gone below 10kmpl in bombay city traffic with ac
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 20:04   #33
BHPian

I am a bit confused about the Palio 1.3 launch dates. Till date, the Fiat website does not seem to acknowledge the car exists whereas they are promoting the Bravo, Linea, 500, Grand Punto.

It would also be interesting to debate its viability against a Swift in terms of long term ownership, servicing etc. But maybe price would be the deciding factor. I personally dislike the Swift for aesthetic reasons, but really adore the 1.3's capabilities. Also any idea of the Hyundai diesel plans? When can we expect a diesel i10? Sorry for digressing, just thinking out loud..
u_chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 20:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Also any idea of the Hyundai diesel plans? When can we expect a diesel i10? Sorry for digressing, just thinking out loud
If looking for diesel and like 1.3 Multijet then you can wait a bit for Splash Diesel .It might hit road in 1 month time.
Diesel i10 is also on the cards but dont know when !
drkhalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 10:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
If looking for diesel and like 1.3 Multijet then you can wait a bit for Splash Diesel .It might hit road in 1 month time.
Diesel i10 is also on the cards but dont know when !
Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
I am a bit confused about the Palio 1.3 launch dates. Till date, the Fiat website does not seem to acknowledge the car exists whereas they are promoting the Bravo, Linea, 500, Grand Punto.

It would also be interesting to debate its viability against a Swift in terms of long term ownership, servicing etc. But maybe price would be the deciding factor. I personally dislike the Swift for aesthetic reasons, but really adore the 1.3's capabilities. Also any idea of the Hyundai diesel plans? When can we expect a diesel i10? Sorry for digressing, just thinking out loud..
Fiat's website are not updating as when required...so dont go blindly on it. In reference to Economic Times few days back..they declared the approx date of release of Palio Stile 1.3 on 11th March! So its just a wait and watch! But its a sure a release in March!

Also drkhalsa, lets not deviate from the actual post of this thread....and start debating of i10 and Splash specifications!

Thanks n cheers~

[quote=michael schume;737273]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hello Michael Schume...

Still awaiting your response....

like i said man the sub will try to pull you on his side but i still stand by my word. there are quite a few reasons why u must avoid these sub dealers
they basically by the car from the main dealer.many a times if there is a problem in a car the dealer sells it off to the sub instead of returning it back to the company in order to avoid losses. also the sub has no proper workshop or anything as such and the p.d.i. of the car is done by the main dealer himself which is taken for granted as the car is going to the sub and not the customer. also u'd be going in circles if u had any issues with the vehicle during the time of the delivary as the sub would say its not his fault take it to the dealer and vice versa
i had to take my car from a sub in thane and went through hell.
havent had received the extended warrent papers as promised is just 1 minor issue[sep'07 purchase]
also dude i'm using a 1.6 and f.e. figurs have never gone below 10kmpl in bombay city traffic with ac
Very truly said...I'm quite aware of such hassle with a recent experience of 2 frds of mine who bought Xeta from sub-dealers and after the deliverly they had to run for the extended warranty and scracth cards etc..minor things thou. It started with all smiles and ended with abuses!

The Main dealer Fortune Cars here in Nerul, Navi Mumbai are pathetic. Absolutely no customer service...the sales person comes for TD! Waste!! I'm gonna try Wasan (Chembur)..i've heard some positive from Wasan users! Lets Hope things turn out well.....in Wasan!

Thanks...

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2008 at 13:30. Reason: Please use MultiQuote otion
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 18:18   #36
HKS
BHPian

Palio 1.6 is a rocket but sucks at efficiency

Palio 1.3 is awesome and better than Swift diesel in ride as it has a better suspension.

-A Palio ardent
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 21:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
Palio 1.3 is awesome and better than Swift diesel in ride as it has a better suspension.

-A Palio ardent
hey HKS,

Where did you drive it, is it available for test drive?
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 16:18   #38
BHPian

addys drove it u can ask him
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 21:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
Palio 1.6 is a rocket but sucks at efficiency

-A Palio ardent
How did you manage to TD?Then please give us a full report.
Rudra go for a TD then.Its a new gen engine anyway.

Last edited by jerish666 : 11th March 2008 at 22:02.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 23:44   #40
BHPian

I did check the website for Fiat today and they have already started listing it on their website. But there is no launch date.
Fiat India :: Showroom : Palio Stile Multijet

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 01:25   #41
BANNED

Hey Rudrah,

Why not consider the Indica DiCOR? The car is well within your budget, too!
luvjascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 21:38   #42
BHPian

Wink Diesel...

I'd say pick up the diesel...

Well, one of my friends was in the same dlemna as you are... and one day at the gas station, he made his decision.

Diesel...

Everytime you refill it, petrol price pinches. with diesel fill it shut it forget it.... More mileage too and excelent power...

If you're gonna keep it for long, it's better.

With swift and all other cars using it, service and breakdown assistance shoudn't be an issue.

So long drives are gonna be a breeze... good mileage, the freaking turbo, diesel price...

That's my take...

In short 1000kms a month costing etc...
a common man lives on a day to day basis in respect to running costs etc. EMI will go as ever... what matters is fuel prices and mileage and with fiat you have the driving pleasure and quality .

Samy
urdudesamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 21:46   #43
BHPian

Wink

Nah, stick to fiat.... :P

Just bumped into these adverts....

Just to boost fiat adrenaline...

Samy
urdudesamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 00:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
I'd say pick up the diesel...

Well, one of my friends was in the same dlemna as you are... and one day at the gas station, he made his decision.

Diesel...

Everytime you refill it, petrol price pinches. with diesel fill it shut it forget it.... More mileage too and excelent power...

If you're gonna keep it for long, it's better.

With swift and all other cars using it, service and breakdown assistance shoudn't be an issue.

So long drives are gonna be a breeze... good mileage, the freaking turbo, diesel price...

That's my take...

In short 1000kms a month costing etc...
a common man lives on a day to day basis in respect to running costs etc. EMI will go as ever... what matters is fuel prices and mileage and with fiat you have the driving pleasure and quality .

Samy
I agree with your opinion buddy. It does not matter how ever rich a person be, petrol prices always pinches everybody. Thats why most of sedans are either diesel or CNG converted these days.
But what if prices of petrol and diesel come at par which infact should be case. Even then i think Diesel will win.
sameer551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 10:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
Nah, stick to fiat.... :P

Just bumped into these adverts....

Just to boost fiat adrenaline...

Samy
Linea Adventure title is misleading. There are no 'Adventure' versions of Linea. Yet. Just these models: Idea, Strada and Palio Adventures in the video
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote