Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 3rd April 2008, 23:09   #46
BHPian

Default Palio MJD or 1.6 sports??

Hi Guys,
After going through the forums here and a bit of thinking I have decided to go for Palio. This is going to be first car but I have driven before- an old chevy lumina .
Now comes the dilemma, there is the new MJD as well as the 1.6 sports. I will be doing about 1000kms/month consisting of 50:50 city and highway, though it is debatable if any road in Bangalore can be classified as highway. I want to go for the MJD only because I feel the overall cost of ownership is less compared to that of 1.6. But I think the 1.6 offers more responsive and powerful driving experience than the MJD. So far there been only one person here (venki) who has the MJD, so I need some real user experience to compare the MJD Vs 1.6 sports.
I am going to TD both but want to have some feedback of owners before I take a decision. I am not a laid back driver though I don't necessarily zip across every often.
I read in here that the MJD would score at above 20kpl is that true?

Mod's Note: Please take a few minutes to get acquainted with the various sections of the board. Take care to post in the correct sections only. Carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread.

Post migrated to a proper thread.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 10:31   #47
BHPian

Oops, sorry I didn't see this thread. He had the same doubt as me- I wonder what he bought finally.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 03:45   #48
BHPian

I have seen a few palio mjd in bangalore, if any of the owners are on this forum a heads up would be nice, as for the 1.6 it still makes me smile everytime I drive it, getting about 12 in the city so far fingers crossed as far as the A.S.S goes, it blows.
Vinaygv is offline   Reply With Quote