Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 8th February 2008, 14:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
IMO cannot really comment on the Fiat A** and spare parts after to years.

As far as Logan is concerned, we do not know how it will turn out. Currently, there is an indication that Renault may walk out of the JV. If this happens, then there ight be problem with the A** and Spare parts availability during the 10 long years.
FYI! There are still Fiat cars being run around for almost 40+ years in India since its launch in 1955. Do you think they can really do that without maintanence? I personally know people who own Fiat 1100D for more than 15 years.

If you have a technically vulnerable car with inferior quality you talk a lot of blah blah about the A**. People have just that to blame against Fiat cars! Try to get over it!

IMO you can NOW comment on the A** of Fiat and spare part availabilty for years...
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Indigo CS is the best choice
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

@ finneyp: As per regulations it is 10 years. But for keeping the parts 10 years itself will be a hurriane task. They need to take care of lot of things. To name a few,

1) If it is stamped parts, they need to very well oil the parts(Rust preventive oil) and keep the parts in a polythene covers so that no dust will accumulate on these parts. 2) The rubber and resin parts cannot be kept as it will loose out all their proprerties by these 10 years. What they usually do is they try keeping the dies used to manufacture plastic and rubber parts.
I have not mentioned about the electrical parts, Casting & Forged parts, Interior parts like Roof headlining/trims/seats/visors which use non woven materials...

Last edited by snaronikar : 8th February 2008 at 14:59.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:56   #19
BHPian

If he is inclined towards a sedan, then Indigo CS it is. If he prefers a hatch, then you are in trouble - there are too many in that price bracket
shenbag63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Palio 1.1 SLX

Budget 4 to 4.2 lakhs on-road

Comes to 4.3 Lacs onroad. With some good dealer discounts you can bring it still down

Period of usage?
It will be there with him for at least 10years.

Well the current Fiats running on road are a proof about the life of a Fiat car. I am talking about the Fiat 1100D.

No of passengers in car?
4 people in the car

Its spacious enough to accomodate 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
i think the indigo(cs)will be the right choice.
one of the latest models,and tatas have survivedin the market for 8 years now.so i dont think the spares/service would be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
indigo should be a good choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Indigo CS is the best choice
Well its seems an unanimous decision here indigo cs ...hmm what if he is okay with hatchbacks ...do the options open up
and what about the new cars that are gonna come this year..
krishnavamshi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
hmm what if he is okay with hatchbacks ...do the options open up
and what about the new cars that are gonna come this year..
Swift/WagonR/New Indica Dicor/Indica Xeta/Fiat 1.3MJD/Santro/i10 etc. These are the hatches he can look into.
Old 8th February 2008, 15:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People have just that to blame against Fiat cars! Try to get over it!
OT: Point noted, Sir.

Last edited by snaronikar : 8th February 2008 at 15:24.
Old 8th February 2008, 17:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
FYI! There are still Fiat cars being run around for almost 40+ years in India since its launch in 1955. Do you think they can really do that without maintanence? I personally know people who own Fiat 1100D for more than 15 years.

If you have a technically vulnerable car with inferior quality you talk a lot of blah blah about the A**. People have just that to blame against Fiat cars! Try to get over it!

IMO you can NOW comment on the A** of Fiat and spare part availabilty for years...
I don't think anybody on TBHP thinks Fiat cars are bad, but when you look at people who come on boards requesting suggestion for cars with reliability (I know i know, fiat cars are reliable ) in terms of A.S.S and re-sale value etc etc etc general junta requirements.
It would be difficult to advise them on a FIAT.
I think unless FIAT comes around something miraculous to change their brand perception in India, general junta would stay away from them.
RROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 17:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

I think Logan is a good option and he should stick to it.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 18:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

For your manager I suggest best choice will be between White or Black Logan (looks very nice), Indigo CS among Sedans for that budget. Explain him importance of having Sedan over hatchback and when Sedans available for damm cheap price with goodies let him think about them instead of Hatch.

If he wants only hatchback then choise is between Palio or WagonR both are tested and trusted cars.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 20:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
CNBC news about a fortnight ago. Unfortunately, I do not have the video clipping of the same.
is it! There were lot of posts here which were based on confusion between the two JV's. Did not know this development that you are referring to.

This is bad!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 20:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
is it! There were lot of posts here which were based on confusion between the two JV's. Did not know this development that you are referring to.

This is bad!
I am not sure if there was any such development because I saw nothing in the newspapers (unless I missed it).
I get a feeling that some people here are anti Logan.

Diesel Indigo might be a good deal but not the petrol one and I am saying this from my own personal experience.
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 20:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
There is a law/regulation in our country stating that after a Car is stopped being manufactured, the Car maker ought to suppy spares for 10/15 years (not sure the exact years)!

Hope I have made it clear now!
Now that IS news to me. Where does one find that "rule"??
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 22:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

If he wants a hatchback, i10 Era is a good choice. Newest car in B segment and a good one.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 00:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

for a proper reliable car for the next 10 years i would suggest a santro xing in that price range!
it has proved its mettle, has good A.S.S.,
has better finish than the maruti hatch backs or the tatas(purely my opinion no offense meant to any one here.)

let me tell you my uncle's colleague has a santro the top model with 4 power windows, for the past three years, done 60K kms and the amount for all the periodic services till date has been only 12000 bucks with all the bills documented, and a set of four tyres changed thats all till date no other expenses till date!

so it has lesser cost of maintainance too! so would recommend one for the next ten years with 1000 kms for a month kind of use!

Last edited by rider60 : 9th February 2008 at 00:26.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote