Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th March 2008, 10:46   #1
BHPian

Default Zeroed on WagonR Lxi EDIT: Now Bought

My friend wanted to buy a car in dec '07 but then postponed it till the Auto expo and then the budget. Finally he decided go in for it now. With a budget between 3 to 3.5 lacs we short listed the following cars.

1. Santro GLS
2. Indica Xeta GLS
3. Spark LS
4. WagonR LXI

in that order.

However after Test driving all the Cars, he zeored on WagonR Lxi. Though we found Xeta to be the most comfortable and economical it was the A S S reputation that went against it.

We visited Hyndai with very high hopes (almost already decided on Santro, he never liked the looks of i10), it was the attitude of the sales persons which turned us off.

Spark was again rejected due to A S S and resale rather then the car.

Finally he decided to go in for WagonR Lxi from Apra Motors.

Any suggetions?
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 11:37   #2
BHPian

If A.S.S was the concern for Spark i saw an limited time offer for Chevy vehicles which is 3 years no cost on spares or service (Labor) this includes the Spark, Aveo brothers(or is it sisters), Optra siblings etc.
sreedotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 11:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

It depended more on the sales guys and the dealership attitude.In such a scenario your decission is fine.Still santro is a good car and spark too.But over and above the product there are other things which adds value to your purchase.
good buy buddie,
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 13:07   #4
BHPian

Please visit another Hyundai dealership and try it because even Santro is a good car like Spark and Xeta. Please reconsider your requirements than looking at the attitude of the sales staff because these are not the ones to stay for longer time. I mean these may go away from dealership or even if they stay, you won't be having to deal with them once you have got your car. You only need to consider about A.S.S

Also visit all the dealers available in Delhi for the cars you are considering irrespective of the distance from your place and look for the best offer as well as how it will be beneficial in terms of A.S.S in future. Do visit their service area before finalizing on anything. If you are not with Dealer A then go for Dealer B instead of leaving out the choice behind.

Even though, we have MUL having known for best A.S.S, Hyundai, GM and TATA people are also improving in the order. So good luck
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

just remember, the A.S.S, you have to deal with only once every 6 months or so. The car you'll be using every day. A.S.S is not spectacularly bad ( i have an indica ) , and services are really cheap as well.
The experience varies with the A.S.S centre... find one which is courteos , and you'll have the best of both worlds
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 16:02   #6
BHPian

Default Bought Santro GL

Hi friends,

After suggestions from you, my friend visited other Hyundai dealers and finally bought a Santro GL yesterday.

Thanks to you all.

Now its my turn to get a new set of wheels. I want a Indigo CS, but unable to convince my father for the same. So now I may be going in for a WagonR Lxi.
Old 29th April 2008, 16:06   #7
Team-BHP Support

Wagon R is a great car but its on its way out.
Investigate a litle on Slash (use team-bhp search) before you put down your money on the Wagon.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 16:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Wagon R is a great car but its on its way out.
Investigate a litle on Slash (use team-bhp search) before you put down your money on the Wagon.
I know, but the reason I am opting for WagonR is that I may be keeping the car for at least five years, so not worried about resale. Spares I dont think will be a problem for the next five years. Also I cannot wait for the new launches.

And the only available alternative is Zen Estilo, which I somehow dont like.
Old 29th April 2008, 16:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

If you can stretch the budget then get the Vxi.

Those small features add up.

Love the Wagon, its a smart car.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 17:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

I am surprised that your choice has boiled down to Wagon R which is currently the least prefered vehicle from Maruti stable.

Why don't you also for go a Santro as well, it still looks quite contemprary, A.S.S of Hyundai is fantastic to say the least ( i am a Hyundai customer from past 6 years) and resale value is second to none.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 17:07   #11
BHPian

Well if I strech my budget then I will go for Swift Lxi, I dont want to strech by budget for these small but nice features because my uses will be very less. Mostly it will be used on sundays and holidays only.

@Mobike008
I personally dont like hyundai and hence their cars are a strict NO for me.
Old 29th April 2008, 17:26   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Well if I strech my budget then I will go for Swift Lxi, I dont want to strech by budget for these small but nice features because my uses will be very less. Mostly it will be used on sundays and holidays only.

@Mobike008
I personally dont like hyundai and hence their cars are a strict NO for me.
Well, if the reason was dislike for Hyundai then go for Swift and if you think it is over the hill then when not look at Alto considering that you don't use it much and you will be saving a pocketful too.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:18   #13
BHPian

Default The WagonR LXI comes home

I recieved the delivery of my Silky Silver color WagonR LXI through CSD canteen. Costs me around Rs. 335000/- on road. Got following MGA as a package from the dealer.

1. Sony sterio with USB/Pen Drive support
2. Sony front speakers
3. Front power windows
4. Side rub rails
5. Floor Mats
6. Mud Flaps
7. Body Cover

The only add ons I need now are seat covers and stearing wheel cover.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:27   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on your purchase. In my opinion, Santro is much superior car but then opinions are different from person-person.

Also, 1,2 is not a good choice but since you got them free, why not enjoy them? Do post up pictures of your new ride
Old 13th May 2008, 16:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
just remember, the A.S.S, you have to deal with only once every 6 months or so. The car you'll be using every day. A.S.S is not spectacularly bad ( i have an indica ) , and services are really cheap as well.
The experience varies with the A.S.S centre... find one which is courteos , and you'll have the best of both worlds
Well said

For that matter no car is bad. We are just trying to be cautious by being "What if" attitude. I am sure if we do the regular service to our car at right intervals, all cars should be ok.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote