Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2008, 15:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

ZXi definitely. Safety features, climate control, maintenance no issue. VDi will be pointless; 13K over 27 months is not viable diesel territory. And yes, forget the 35k unofficial premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, can you explain how alloy wheels help in getting you a better FE........?
Reason being because alloys are lighter, I suppose? How much of a difference they make though, I haven't the faintest clue.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th March 2008 at 16:21.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

ZXI is what i feel.. as it has all the goodies like the air bags..

Having said that.. no indian car below 10 lakhs has airbags for back seat passengers...
And you havent said your dad drives the car himself or keeps a driver

If your father doesnt drive the car.. then hey brother.. no point in buying a car with all those safety things.. after all it will only protect the driver..

If this is the case, i feel save some money and go for Vxi, and perhaps with ABS

But if its driven by your father..then...Zxi sounds good
Old 20th March 2008, 15:34   #18
BHPian

Note that the ZXi is a bit heavier compared to VXi - Engine power remains same in both.

I choose VXi, but asked them for ZXi wheels.

...but thats just me, i felt swift needed to run lighter for a heavy car.
Air bags or abs wont help me much, as the roads are not too slippery here, and not too fast + i always wear seat belts.
Old 20th March 2008, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Point Blank answer considering your case : Swift ZXi

Cheers
Anju
Old 20th March 2008, 16:15   #20
BHPian

Swift Zxi is what suits your purpose, IMO. But do wait and check out the Dzire Zxi before buying.
Old 20th March 2008, 17:29   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Reason being because alloys are lighter, I suppose? How much of a difference they make though, I haven't the faintest clue
Alloy wheels only help the cosmetic look of the vehicle. Agreed it is lighter but there is no evidence anywhere that due to them you get a better FE figure. It's only hearsay as far as i know. Would love to be proved wrong
Old 20th March 2008, 17:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

Exclamation nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Note that the ZXi is a bit heavier compared to VXi - Engine power remains same in both.

I choose VXi, but asked them for ZXi wheels.

...but thats just me, i felt swift needed to run lighter for a heavy car.
Air bags or abs wont help me much, as the roads are not too slippery here, and not too fast + i always wear seat belts.
Weights diff between Zxi and Vxi is negligible enough to be ignored for normal driving, unless you are into shaving off that precious milli sec on a drag strip.

ABS and Air bags SAVES LIFE, even at 60 kmph !!!

I would have loved to get those in my Vdi, but alas i was misguided by Maruti saying that they didnt have that even as an option :(
Old 20th March 2008, 21:36   #23
BHPian

ZXI is the one that you should consider. It has more features and it is suitable for your mileage.
Old 20th March 2008, 22:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

ZXi is what you have to consider. Most of the people here is also with the opinion of going with Zxi. It is the best suited for city wherein the usage is low as shown above. Mileage should not matter most as the running is very less. I'am not sure whether your father drives fast. But the safety features it is offering would be worthy anyday.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:25   #25
BHPian

Thanks for all your valuable input. I feel determined to go for ZXI now. My dad prefer driving rather than depending on unreliable drivers these days. He's a very carefull driver and doesnt speed much. Also few people told me that diesel engines should not be gounded for long, I mean without starting. Is that true?
We are not getting a single car for TD in twin cities, not even a look at the new ZXI with integrated stereo and stuff. These cars are selling like hot cakes. The only ZXI thats available in transit is 2 days away and is black in color. My father is more inclined towards red color for which we have to wait for a month. We have time till tomorrow to decide on the color.

We were offered the following additional goodies for free along with VXI:
Mud Flaps
Full Matting
Streering cover (leather)
Reverse Horn
Cental Remote Locking or Teflon coating
Sun Control Film
Seat Covers
Anti Rust Treatment

Now since I've remote locking standard in ZXI, I've asked him to give me Teflon Coating. Is there anything else (in exchange for) I should ask for before taking the delivery?
Old 21st March 2008, 11:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Swift Zxi is what suits your purpose, IMO. But do wait and check out the Dzire Zxi before buying.
Dad doesn't want a sedan, He wants a hatchback for easy parking/driving in city. Considering price as the main factor; the difference between VXI and ZXI on road is 84K.

For VXI, I've to invest atleast 13-15K on the stereo, additonal 6K on remote lock. The gap narrows down to 64K.
Some members have mentioned that Airbags and ABS are not an important factor in city driving. What if they decide to take a short trip out of the city. Hyderabad will be having 4 lane ring roads around the cities in near future. What if the opposite driver is not carefull, maybe naive. It can be a fast truck or another car and the impact would be the same, doesn't matter whether you are slow or fast. Major accidents probably happen only once in a lifetime. That will decide whether you are still in the game or not.
Every sales person and even the GM, sales of one showroom has discouraged me for the safety features of ZXI and rather asked me to go for VXI. And the list includes my dad too. I had a hard time convincing my dad and even the sales person (I'm doing their job calling from here to convince my dad)
Old 21st March 2008, 12:01   #27
BHPian

Default ZXi for sure !!

You are already convinced about ZXi - I can just endorse it !!

IMO - it is always better to go for the top end with loads of extra features !!

VDi indeed a good car does not solve your purpose.
Old 21st March 2008, 13:44   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
The only ZXI thats available in transit is 2 days away and is black in color. My father is more inclined towards red color for which we have to wait for a month. We have time till tomorrow to decide on the color.

We were offered the following additional goodies for free along with VXI:
Mud Flaps
Full Matting
Streering cover (leather)
Reverse Horn
Cental Remote Locking or Teflon coating
Sun Control Film
Seat Covers
Anti Rust Treatment

Now since I've remote locking standard in ZXI, I've asked him to give me Teflon Coating. Is there anything else (in exchange for) I should ask for before taking the delivery?
IMO, there are way too many Red Swifts on the road. I would recommend the Burnt Orange ( or they call it something else), it looks awesome, especially on a ZXI with alloys.

Also, see if you can squeeze the teflon coating and body cover along with the deal. Btw, i am hoping insurance is waived off? If not, then its not a good deal. Typically for most cars, Insurance is given free of cost for the first year. More so for this deal as Swift D is in demand and not Swift P, so ask for it to your dealer.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:08   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Every sales person and even the GM, sales of one showroom has discouraged me for the safety features of ZXI and rather asked me to go for VXI. And the list includes my dad too. I had a hard time convincing my dad and even the sales person (I'm doing their job calling from here to convince my dad)
Its March and sales people have a target, Zxi might get delayed in delivery and might not fall in march, just a wild guess for them advising STUPIDITY.

I dont think i really need to convince you since you ought to be well educated about safety aspects with you being in US of A.
Old 21st March 2008, 18:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, there are way too many Red Swifts on the road. I would recommend the Burnt Orange ( or they call it something else), it looks awesome, especially on a ZXI with alloys.
Yea saw that color long back in Bunty aur Bubly but never saw it in action. wish someone can post a snap with alloys as you said.

Quote:
Also, see if you can squeeze the teflon coating and body cover along with the deal. Btw, i am hoping insurance is waived off? If not, then its not a good deal. Typically for most cars, Insurance is given free of cost for the first year. More so for this deal as Swift D is in demand and not Swift P, so ask for it to your dealer.
Insurance is not waived in my quote! Do you think I've room for bargain to waive it off for first year? As per the sales person he says that petrol are in great demand too since the production has moved towards diesel. The On-road price for ZXI is 5.79L. Please suggest if there's some other showroom for a price match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Its March and sales people have a target, Zxi might get delayed in delivery and might not fall in march, just a wild guess for them advising STUPIDITY.
Something that benefits them not the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I dont think i really need to convince you since you ought to be well educated about safety aspects with you being in US of A.
Yes Jaggu, I cant be there for my parents, but atleast I can buy some safety for a small price hoping never to use them. Also forgot to mention, the salesperson mentioned that in case of accident, if the airbags comes out then it would take around 30K to have them installed again and thats the reason lot of people dont go for ZXI's. I'm like if the airbags comes out, it would have saved someone's life dude! Why not think this way!
Closed Thread