skoda fabia 7 2.39%
old zen 50 17.06%
chevy srv 10 3.41%
other small hatch - 800, alto, santro, uva, reva, meva :-) 7 2.39%
yet to be launched or import a sport hatch 12 4.10%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd April 2008, 23:35   #16
BHPian

I voted for swift petrol because i could vote or select only one option. Yo have 2 options though..You can either go for swift petrol or getz CRDi. You will enjoy.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

I voted for getz CRDI.

You will get lot of power without any turbo or serious modifications. Peace of mind!!

Spend money on modifying suspension, strut brace, alloys, tyres, disc brakes and petes. You will have a real monster!!
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I voted for getz CRDI.

You will get lot of power without any turbo or serious modifications. Peace of mind!!

Spend money on modifying suspension, strut brace, alloys, tyres, disc brakes and petes. You will have a real monster!!
Getz Crdi has a turbo.U can feel it at 1900rpm
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:51   #19
BHPian

Wink

i know torque123 - i have two very viable options in the getz crdi and swift petrol - but I wanted to know one over the other infact thats the very basic confusion which got me to creating this poll/thread

the getz path seems more reliable - but no ones peted a getz crdi yet forget getting to reliably modding the handling of the car. on paper this seems more torquey and more bhp than even the tc swift
the swift tc'ing has been done and its real fun to own, handling is good, but whether its a reliable, repeatable process is yet to be learnt as none of the tc'd swifts on tbhp are older than a month or two!!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Getz Crdi has a turbo.U can feel it at 1900rpm
I know that it has got a VGT and the feeling would be awesome.
I was hinting at the hassle of getting into serious modifications like turbo in a petrol. Why take the trouble when power is available stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i know torque123 -
the getz path seems more reliable - but no ones peted a getz crdi yet forget getting to reliably modding the handling of the car. on paper this seems more torquey and more bhp than even the tc swift
the swift tc'ing has been done and its real fun to own, handling is good, but whether its a reliable, repeatable process is yet to be learnt as none of the tc'd swifts on tbhp are older than a month or two!!
The engine is same as Verna CRDI and there are many petefied Vernas on the forum. The build quality of getz is better than verna. But the suspension of Hyundai is more inclined towards ride comfort than handling. Obviously the tyres are under sized. If you take care of the handling with suspension upgrade, strut braces, tyres, and provide disk brakes for the rear too, I do not see any issues with handling. You will have a reliable hatch.

I agree that you will miss the sound of turbo.But I would not venture into turbo charging unless I find it reliable with many members vouching for it in the long term. Too early to get into after market turbo. Engine is the most expensive part in a car and a bad turbo install can have serious effect on the engine. Also parts like clutch and gear box might give away easily.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 4th April 2008 at 00:07.
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Jassi.

Do u intend to make the souped up hatch as your daily drive or just a weekend fun car??
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 00:07   #22
BHPian

Smile

i plan to have only one car - will send my santro to be my parents' second car in pune, that way when I go to pune I can drive a santro with FFE + CAI atleast

so yes this will be my daily driver and weekend fun car!!
Old 4th April 2008, 00:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Also keep in mind that the handling of Swift cannot be compared to any car in that segment. I had the pleasure of driving a swift with upsized tyres on a long drive through ghat section. The handling is perfect. Just rest foot on the pedal and guide it through the turns. A hydrualic steering with good feedback would make it even better to drive. You can seriously consider Swift Diesel also.
Old 4th April 2008, 00:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
btw, what's the reva doing on a hot hatch thread?? The only way to make it a hot hatch would be to turn the heater up!!

LOL. Not there anymore, unfortunately, else i would have voted for it.

@ jassi.. from a plain jane auto-like santro to a true hot hatch ? man you are going places. congrats, i am following your thread closely. cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 00:34   #25
BHPian

Smile

i put the reva meva there just for fun

E_L - the santro was a forced decision when i moved to bangy. Till then I had survived on autos in my older places of work like chennai, hyd, delhi, etc But the autos in bangy are the pits and hence I wanted a car asap, no waiting period. In nov 2005, the swift waiting was 4 months and not being a tbhp member, I never thought of a palio 1.6, hence landed up with a santro and it drives quite well courtesy the stage 1 stuff, but anyone serious about some performace will upgrade

I am very seriously hovering between a tc'd swift and peted getz!! Guess i am going to need some more tbhp stickers from you in a few months
Old 4th April 2008, 01:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Given the reliability issues that plague most after market TC'ed cars in our markets till now I would suggest you drop the ideal of Turbo Petrol (unless it's an RS) if you want a daily driver & choose between a Swift D & a Getz CRDi.

Both offer some great bang for the money (the Getz less so compared to the Swift) with everyday reliability. And with the advent of blot-on boxes their performance has been taken to giant beating levels.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 01:31   #27
agm
BHPian

I voted for Palio 1.3 MJD,i TDrove few days back and after that almost booked instead of Swift but then when came to know about Tata/Fiat's *** from my cousins/friends here in raipur so dint go for it.great overall package though.
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 08:03   #28
BHPian

Smile

well currently i see the old zens winning with barely a discussion about them
just 1 vote for getz crdi with the swift petrol and swift ddis almost at par.
but whats most surprising is the palio 1.6 is catching up and i have never seen a major stage 2 mod done on any palio, anyone ?
Old 4th April 2008, 09:16   #29
BHPian

Would love to vote once the Fiat 500 enters this list!
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 09:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Poll Winner will be Palio

Daily Drive - Swift D (195/65/14, ABS, Pete's & Filter)

Hot Hatch(cosmetic) - Swift (P)(D)/Zen

All out mods - Swift P / Zen

Pocket Rocket - Getz CRDI (195/65/14 or even 205/55/15, ABS?, Upgraded brakes or even all 4 discs if possible, stiffened shocks, Pete's)

Dude one thing you will miss if you get the diesels are the REVS.

If your going ALL out on the mods front and dont mind some trial and error nothing like a TC.

I guess you will always have your Santro to go back to when you want a break from the CRDI
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote