Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th April 2008, 20:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Ask the lady if she'd agree to reconsider the spark. I know lots of people who liked the swift's looks ONLY over time.

spark would get you one with driver airbag/alloys/abs in like 4.3ish (was some 4.1x in delhi sometime back) - but only god knows their prices
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 20:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I'm begining to understand why there are not too many Era's and more of Magnas on the roads. For Rs 25K more one gets a better featured car. I was initially not keen on the i10 as for the Era I was just not getting value for money (Era OTR Rs 4.17 in Hyd). I think I would prefer to stretch my budget to 4.5 OTR, and go for a Magna instead.

i10 Magna would be a good choice - much better than the Santro.

BTW - on the pricing fluctuation of the Spark - most of the people are commenting looking at the discounts appearing in the news paper ads. Over the months the prices of the spark have only come down. The companies have a certain amount of budget to play around. What changes every month is the way any company presents the scheme. For e.g. month 1 - flat discount 20K. month 2 - no disc. but insurance free + free ICE. etc. etc

Therefore, in any month you see that the discount is not appearing in the newspaper, don't think that the prices have gone up - the OTR would remain more or less same. After all, no company can risk increasing the prices after selling on discount - they too have to survive in the market.

And finally its the dealers who misquotes the prices and creates a now or never situation (discount only for today) to force you to take a decision right away fearing the prices to go up.
an10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 21:50   #18
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Can you folks let me know where we are getting 10k discount on I10? Is it 10k exchange bonus that you are talking about? Can this be converted to loyalty bonus?

I enquired in Advaith Hunadai, Bangalore. Exchange bonus can't be converted to loyalty bonus and we can avail this 10k bonus only if we sell the old car. Apart from this there is only 2k corporate discount.

-Netrife
netrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 13:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Infact, i would go as far as recommending Zen Estilo or even WagonR over the Santro, since they have recently got face lifted and knowing Maruti, these models are not going to be phased out any soon (specially given the kind of volumes WR is selling.).
DCEite, Are you sure they are not going to be phased out? Atleast next 3-4 years? How about the Alto? I need some more info regarding this. I too am considering a second small car. Had narrowed down to an Alto LXi or a Santro GL. WagonR was not even considered since it has a hopeless gearbox and I thought that it might be phased out as soon as the Santro.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 17:09   #20
BHPian

Update: Looks like I will be going for an i10.

Just had a test drive of the Magna. Was wowed by the engine response. There were 4 of us in the car and there was no hesitation from the engine with A/C on.

Gear shift was smooth, Steering was light and easy. One of my colleague who has a Wagon R said that the steering was much better than his car.

Rear seat comfort is good and surprisingly spacious.

Only slight issue I had was the A/C. I heard so much about the A/C that I was expecting a much cooler experience than what I felt. But my colleagues said that they found the A/C to be quite effective. The outside weather was quite hot today.... as usual for Hyd these days. (Is it my imagination or does the Alto cool the driver and passenger more effectively? From past experience, I felt the Alto cooling power to be superier to both Wagon R and Santro. Maybe it is the smaller space!)

On pricing, there is absolutely no discounts. But as my colleagues too are thinking of getting a car, if we book 3 cars, they will give full accessories (music system, speakers, remote lock, matting, mud flaps) free.

The OTR price for Era is 4,17,500, and Magna is 4,44,651.
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 17:44   #21
BHPian

Folks i hear all this talk about the Santro being phased out etc etc. I believe this is not happening anytime soon and i am yet to see any concrete sources, just hearsay. The i10 which was expected to pull in all the sales for the Santro has not managed to do so and the volume selling per month is split approx 50:50 between the 2 brands. This is not what Hyundai had bargained for, but the day the sales are seriously skewed in favour of the i10, then it probably would happen.

This is a good car we are talking about and needs consideration in the buying scheme and i don't think we need to bury it yet.

It is definitely still a VFM serious proposition
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 22:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Folks i hear all this talk about the Santro being phased out etc etc. I believe this is not happening anytime soon and i am yet to see any concrete sources, just hearsay. The i10 which was expected to pull in all the sales for the Santro has not managed to do so and the volume selling per month is split approx 50:50 between the 2 brands. This is not what Hyundai had bargained for, but the day the sales are seriously skewed in favour of the i10, then it probably would happen.

This is a good car we are talking about and needs consideration in the buying scheme and i don't think we need to bury it yet.

Sanjay the main reason why most of us are not in favour of buying Santro was because DriverR had a budget of around 4 l on road. It does make sense to opt for the i10 which is few k's more than the Santro GLS. Now thanks to bhpians I think DriverR has almost narrowed down to i10. We all are very much aware about Santro's VFM.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 22:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post

I agree with sanjay. A lot of what is said on this thread is pure speculation. AFAIK there are no plans to phase out Santro in near future. Also i don't think we should discourage someone from buying a Santro for this reason.

Just my 2 cents

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 08:40   #24
BHPian

Guys, the reason I'm looking at the i10 more seriously over the santro is that while the Santro has good Value-For Money and is a proven vehicle, the i10 is a new vehicle. I intend to keep whichever car I buy for over 5 years. I can be relatively sure that i10 will be in production for at least 5 years if not more.

The real clincher though is that I'm on the verge of getting good freebees. These freebees is what is making the i10 more VFM. The salesman has promised to give:
Matting
Mud Flaps
Music System with 4 Speakers
Remote locking
Teflon coating
Seat covers

This is if I can convince my 2 other friends to buy the i10 as well. But I'll still push for these even if they do not go for it. I have the feeling I can get them, or atleast a large part of the above even if I book on my own.

Btw, i forgot to mention that the speedo of the test car was disconnected, and the test car has TR plates, with no "Demo Car" decals, which makes me think it may be a booked vehicle! I think if I go for it, I'll camp outside the showroom once I know the car has arrived!
Old 16th April 2008, 17:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Guys, the reason I'm looking at the i10 more seriously over the santro is that while the Santro has good Value-For Money and is a proven vehicle, the i10 is a new vehicle. I intend to keep whichever car I buy for over 5 years. I can be relatively sure that i10 will be in production for at least 5 years if not more.

The real clincher though is that I'm on the verge of getting good freebees. These freebees is what is making the i10 more VFM. The salesman has promised to give:
Matting
Mud Flaps
Music System with 4 Speakers
Remote locking
Teflon coating
Seat covers

This is if I can convince my 2 other friends to buy the i10 as well. But I'll still push for these even if they do not go for it. I have the feeling I can get them, or atleast a large part of the above even if I book on my own.

Btw, i forgot to mention that the speedo of the test car was disconnected, and the test car has TR plates, with no "Demo Car" decals, which makes me think it may be a booked vehicle! I think if I go for it, I'll camp outside the showroom once I know the car has arrived!
Hi Driver

I am also planning to buy i10 in hyd. let me know how is idea if we both go together and negotiate the deal. I think this way we both can have some benefits
kanwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 18:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Hi Driver

I am also planning to buy i10 in hyd. let me know how is idea if we both go together and negotiate the deal. I think this way we both can have some benefits
Kanwal, I have PMed you.

In case anyone else is keen to join in, please PM me.
Old 20th April 2008, 00:33   #27
Team-BHP Support

Friend in hyderabad is interested in this i10 deal. Have sent you a PM. If it sounds fine, please call me on my number.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 21:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Friend in hyderabad is interested in this i10 deal. Have sent you a PM. If it sounds fine, please call me on my number.
Eddy, I have PMed you.........
Old 21st April 2008, 12:40   #29
BHPian

In today's TOI in Bangalore, there is an advt that i10 comes with free MP3 player and 7000 corporate discount. I feel with this discounts i10 is more attractive to buy in this segments when compared to other 1.1L cars.
skumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 21:59   #30
BHPian

Checked out with Advaith Hyundai on this. They say that it's because of mistake on part of advertisement firm. Corporate discount on I10 stays at 2k and no free MP3
netrife is offline   Reply With Quote