Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 24th April 2008, 10:31   #1
BHPian

Default Swift or any other car

Hi Guys,

I had just created a new thread for choosing between Swift VDI or Zxi/Vxi but it ws closed by the moderator as there were 2 more threads on similar topic.

I found from the showroom(5 in Bangalore and 3 in Mysore) that the wait time right now for Swift is :

VDI - 3-6 months
Zxi - 5-1 year
Vxi (with ABS) - 5-1 year
Vxi - 1-2 months

I am a little disappointed to know the wait time. Can you suggest what is the BESt alternative for Swift ?

Do you know any dealers who can expedite it ( I know it's not possible though)!

Man, my family is all out for Swift as it is Maruti .. I am trying to convince them for other manufactures but not yet succeeded ..

Please advice

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th April 2008 at 12:54. Reason: Pleas post in proper english i.e. write family instead of Fam also check for spellings
Old 24th April 2008, 12:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The earlier thread was closed since it was being discussed in details in other threads.

Coming back to your query, for anyone to suggest you anything, we need to know what are you requirements & what are your expectations from your new car, then only can some one give you proper advice.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Inder - As Technocrat mentioned kindly be more specific on your requirements of your new car. I think the waiting period of Swift is reduced. You can get your Swift Earlier if you are'nt too specific on the color. I wanted red vxi i got it in around 3 months. Now many people have mentioned that waiting period in Swift has reduced. If you opting for VXI i think you can get it in 30-40 days.
VDI might take a bit more time.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:13   #4
BHPian

This wait period regarding swift is also worrying me. I would be moving to Delhi next month and plan to by a Swift VDi (ABS).

Regarding your query, if your monthly running is less than 1500 Kms then you can also look in to petrol hatchbacks namely, Getz, UVA and Palio.
If it is greater than 1500 Kms than I would suggest getting a Diesel which would mean the choices you are left with are: Getz CRdi(stretching budget) , Palio 1.3 MJD and Fabia TDI(Budget goes out of the window).

Can anybody tell me about the current waiting period for Swift VDI in Delhi or NCR? (Sorry for hijacking your thread inder).

Last edited by revved_up : 24th April 2008 at 13:14.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:28   #5
BHPian

hey inder..alternatives for swift in my opinion are Hyundai-getz and the chevy U-VA....but before commenting further, are you looking for something particular?
Old 24th April 2008, 13:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a complete peace of mind then it is worth waiting for swift. Best After Sales Service with enough reach even in rural areas. Quick response to issues leading to parts replacement. Both these I have first hand experience Hyundai (My earlier car was Santro) and Maruti (I own a Swift D now). Let me give those -

1. Invariably Hyundai servicing cost was anywhere between 5000-6000 every 5000 km except for first 10000 kms which was free servicing with minor replacement of parts (Oil seal etc which was covered under warranty). Maruti Swift D 10000 km servicing costs 1000 rs., 20000 km servicing costs 4000 rs. and 30000 km servicing will be less than 2000 (Projection based on the maintenance schedule). Maruti doesn't con you with unnecessary replacements.

2. When I wanted a simple part (Hose pipe from the fuel filling inlet to the fuel tank), I had to wait two weeks for the part to come from Madras in case of Hyundai. Maruti replaced my ECU when it had an issue in a matter of 10 days (that too when the car was new and there was huge demand for the car in the market).

3. Once my Santro had an accident and I had to get a tow vehicle to tow it to the Hyundai A.S.S. I didn't get a tow vehicle even after 2 hrs of wait within bangalore city and hence had to temporarily fix the damaged rear door and the bumper and drive it to the service center myself. I do not have a first hand experience of Maruti breakdown service response but I have heard they are pretty good and the coverage is great even in rural areas.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hi Guys,

I had just created a new thread for choosing between Swift VDI or Zxi/Vxi but it ws closed by the moderator as there were 2 more threads on similar topic.

I found from the showroom(5 in Bangalore and 3 in Mysore) that the wait time right now for Swift is :

VDI - 3-6 months
Zxi - 5-1 year
Vxi - 1-2 months

I am a little disappointed to know the wait time. Can you suggest what is the BESt alternative for Swift ?convince them for other manufactures but not yet succeeded ..

Please advice
wow! nice numbers! Are they for real? I have even seen couple of Dezires in the yard of Suzuki dealers here. Are the dealers who you met creating a hype?
Old 24th April 2008, 13:58   #8
BHPian

I think that they are overhyping it! It just does not make sense to ask some one to wait for 1 year for a Zxi, god knows what they are thinking when they quoted that waiting period.
Maybe once you assure them that you are really serious with swift and indicate that you can make the down payment/booking amount, you might see the wait period reduce.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

VDI - 3-6 months
Zxi - 5-1 year
Vxi - 1-2 months

I am a little disappointed to know the wait time. Can you suggest what is the BESt alternative for Swift ?

Do you know any dealers who can expedite it ( I know it's not possible though)!

Man, my family is all out for Swift as it is Maruti .. I am trying to convince them for other manufactures but not yet succeeded ..

Please advice

From these numbers I remembered the old Bajaj days when one use to wait for months/years for getting scooter.
Is it not hampering the sales figures? Is it real or delibrately created by MUL?
Old 24th April 2008, 14:36   #10
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your inputs.

Technocrat

I totally understand the reason for closing the thread... sorry abt the way my post sounded.

My requirements are:

A car that I can use for long drives/trips but most importantly for the city use.

I am upgrading from my M800

My budget 6L

FE should be b/w 12-16 in the city and easy to park

I have a sedan at home but can't take it everytime in the city because of it's size as parking is a pain.

Thanks a lot for your inputs guys!

Thank You dieselfan ,

Good Info.

I love White color on a car and looking for the same.

jkdas/revved up

These are true numbers, Imagine my frustration .

amangujral,

Thank you for the options. I want to know how the cars u mention fare when compared to Maruti in after sales service? Parts? FE? I am not a Hyundai fan though I like the package (Features) in i10 and the looks of Red Viva CRDI ( to die for ..)

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th April 2008 at 17:07. Reason: Please use edit instead of making back to back posts
Old 24th April 2008, 14:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You dieselfan ,

I love White color on a car and looking for the same.
Good Choice mate m also giong to buy a white one, buttttt i think that is one of the reasons why you are up against this huge waiting period.
Because you are not the only one who loves this color cheers:

Quote:
looks of Red Viva CRDI ( to die for ..)
Are you sure they are still selling the Viva CRDI???

Last edited by revved_up : 24th April 2008 at 14:57.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:15   #12
BHPian

Revved up,
Nope, they are not making/selling VIVA anymore.. But still love the car for looks and imagine the kinda mods you can put on that ..(Decent ones)

Regarding Swift,

Yup, I know white is good but I also chked with the dealers and they said:

rns motors : Stopped booking Swift VDI for 1 month as of now
Kalyani mortors: Stopped booking for vxi (with ABS) , zxi (with ABS) and VDI for a month
Mandovi motors: Stopped booking zxi for a month

and the same scenario for Swift Desire - upto 1 year waiting

Isn't that insane??

Mandovi motors Mysore is telling me totake "fully loaded" lxi , he says they have put power windows to it , talk abt heights

All this info after calling these dealers today morning

Revved up,

Nope..no more VIVA..but love the car..looks too good and nice mods will make it like no other

Swift in whitle is great and I dont know if that is the reason for the wait

All the above info abt the delay is after I talked to Dealers today morning and same scenario for Desire.

It's like they are getting ABS fit 100 miles further than their Plants.

Revved up,

Nope they are not selling VIVA anymore ...wish they were I would have bought that.. Amazing looks and engine + mods would look great on it

White Swift is plain sexy. Add some nice alloys and you have a winner all the way.

But the delay is sad, Maruti should have anticipated the popularity of it earlier and increased prodution..

It's like they are going to another country to get the ABS done .

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th April 2008 at 17:08. Reason: Please use edit instead of making back to back posts
Old 24th April 2008, 16:36   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For those who find abnormal waiting periods, have you ever tried contacting dealerships from nearby towns / cities? There is a good chance they would not have extinguished their quota and could deliver your choice of car in a shorter time frame. All you have to do is drive back and register your car with the local RTO.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:39   #14
BHPian

Smile

I did check in Myore but need to check in other place in Karnataka ..

Checking in coorg right now
Old 24th April 2008, 16:41   #15
BHPian

But in case the neighboring city/town is in a different state.. wont you have to pay an entry tax???
Closed Thread