Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 10th July 2008, 09:33   #16
BHPian

Congrats! I cannot comment on the 1.65L package, but the car truly is a pocket rocket. Once I tried to catch it with my wagon-R, could not do so..

The fuel efficiency of 15 kmpl with AC is very very good mileage.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks speedzak,VJ_MAVRICK and ravi@64bhp for the wishes!!!

I know the price is atleast 15K above the market price....but believe its due to the reliable deal from True Value who offers one year warranty and ownership. Please note I will recieve a new battery and front tires which is worth atleast 7K along with an undercoating worth 3K. I am happy if its serves for 3 more years without any major trouble.

Also require your inputs on a very basic and affordable ICE solution and beutification tips, do specify the model number and approx cost.

BTW its a Pageant Red color (as stated by my dad)
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 12:56   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Jacs..

Thats a great buy.. and 15kmPL with AC on... simply great!!
Orion_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

The car was delivered last friday after completing the job. My dad drove around 60Kms and he is quite happy about the deal. I was worried whether power steering would be a necessity. When he is comparing with the Fiat 1100 and 118NE which where his first and second drives, he drives it with ease and only trouble was to turn when car is still which can only be addressed with a power steering. Overall report for past two days is very positive. Shall post the details soon.

Just for my information, is its feasible to add a PS easily and how much it will cost?

Last edited by jacs : 14th July 2008 at 10:18.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:53   #20
BANNED

Adding a power steering is not that a complicated job in Altos. Any good A. S. S. will do the job.
In 2006, the material and labour costs were close to 40k if I remember correctly.
Is it worth it? I think YES.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 11:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi All,

The car was delivered last friday after completing the job. My dad drove around 60Kms and he is quite happy about the deal. I was worried whether power steering would be a necessity. When he is comparing with the Fiat 1100 and 118NE which where his first and second drives, he drives it with ease and only trouble was to turn when car is still which can only be addressed with a power steering. Overall report for past two days is very positive. Shall post the details soon.

Just for my information, is its feasible to add a PS easily and how much it will cost?
Adding PS will definitely help in the ease of handling the steering particularly during sharp turns and when in still and as speedzak mentioned any authorized service station guys can do that and am not sure about the price though. After handling Fiat 1100 and 118NE i think your Dad can handle this baby with relative ease, but still going for a PS makes sense.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 12:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks VJ_MAVRICK and speedzak for the inputs. Shelling 40K over the 165K babe seems be huge investment at this point, I thought it may not cross 20K. Let the car run for a month or two and depending on the feedback from dad, letz look into it .

BTW any cheap but good beautification tips?
Old 14th July 2008, 12:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VJ_MAVRICK and speedzak for the inputs. Shelling 40K over the 165K babe seems be huge investment at this point, I thought it may not cross 20K. Let the car run for a month or two and depending on the feedback from dad, letz look into it .

BTW any cheap but good beautification tips?
Post the car pictures JACS and regarding beautification, you can go ahead with customized bumpers and sideskirts which may be in the vicinity of around 8K to 10K depending on what specifically you need it. Though its driven by your Dad, you can put a CAI filter which might be around 3K to 4K and also FFE which might cost around 8.5K after which your Dad might be addicted to the ride .
Before all this, changing the wheels and tires too might be an option that anyone would start with and definitely makes sense.
Old 15th July 2008, 09:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks VJ_MAVRICK. Suggestions well taken . Donno how far my dad would allow me to alter the stock condition, but definitely would luv to give a TBHP touch to the car. I am yet to recieve the snaps!!
Old 15th July 2008, 09:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VJ_MAVRICK. Suggestions well taken . Donno how far my dad would allow me to alter the stock condition, but definitely would luv to give a TBHP touch to the car. I am yet to recieve the snaps!!
All the best and i think definitely going for a wheel and tyre upgrade is an ideal one for better control and handling. Keep this thread updated.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:12   #26
BHPian

@jacs, Congratulations on your purchase I'm sure you will not regret your purchase one bit. I have been driving a vx 1.1 for the last 7.5 years and i hardly had any complaints apart from the normal wear & tear. I have driven around 70 k and in the last couple of years it has become my standby car.

I'm contemplating on selling this car and i was a given a rough estimate of 1.75L by a dealer in Coimbatore last weekend. I still have not made my mind in selling the car. It's a true city car and i will miss the maneuverability of the car if i do decide to sell it.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 14:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
All the best and i think definitely going for a wheel and tyre upgrade is an ideal one for better control and handling. Keep this thread updated.
I shall keep everyone posted.....the worst part is I would go native next month only!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
@jacs, Congratulations on your purchase I'm sure you will not regret your purchase one bit.
Thanks Nemo. I am also wishing to have the same experience as yours
Old 17th July 2008, 15:20   #28

I bought this baby in March and have hardly been using my bike ever since.
Attached Thumbnails
Alto VX 1.1L-dsc00152.jpg  

kaushykutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 15:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

@kaushykutti...she is looking gorgeous. The alloys are neat and simple, spoilers too.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Guys, here are some snaps shared by dad. Sorry for the bad image quality of the mobile cam.
Attached Images