Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 11th December 2008, 23:35   #31
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
I rate A-star driver comfort better than swift, vista, i10, or any such small car. (not palio).

The driver would not feel as comfortable in i10 as in a-star.
I completely disagree Ritz... A-star driving comfort is appalling!! the ergonomics are not at all up to mark.. For example, the dashboard (especially the centre-console) is set so high, you feel claustrophobic just entering into the car! it's just so unnerving!!
Secondly, the A pillar on the left hand side (when u're sitting inside) blocks a whole lot of vision.. The door window, and the front windscreen are not on an even plane and causes immense discomfort.. It is almost impossible to take left turn blindly for fear of hitting a two-wheeler which might be conveniently hidden behind the a-pillar.. the blindspot is a killer..

That said, the i10 has much much better driving dynamics.. It is much more stable, and although body roll exists you can't complain.. i mean find me any one hatchback which doesn't exhibit body roll!

the swift... how can you even say that the a-star has more driving comfort than the swift!!! the car's a dream to drive!! ergonomics are best in class and the front seats totally rock!!

don't mean to start any fight here, just giving my opinions and expressing indifference.

cheerz.
arsenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 23:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
JK, The purchase has been postponed with the present situation of economy.
I dont think A Star impressed him much. Mostly i10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Sorry for double posting. Mods, please delete
Dude, A-star will be good drivers car. Its good for both city and highway. I rate A-star driver comfort better than swift, vista, i10, or any such small car. (not palio). A-star has lots of engineering into it. Less roll, good mileage, ergonomics, road gripping, euro 4 compliant.

I10 has the looks. It looks like a car for the professionals. Not much of engineering into it. But good plastics and build quality. The car does not feel stable. The driver would not feel as comfortable in i10 as in a-star during long rides.

Guy's its an old thread . Read and post !

ritz830 . You rule. A-Star is the hatch !

Last edited by jkdas : 12th December 2008 at 00:01.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote