Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 07:25   #1
Exclamation Palio 1.6

Hi Guys,

i'm new around here and saw this as the best place to post my query.
(Mods, plase move this if in the incorrect forum)

i own and drive a Indigo Marina (Petrol) as of now. have a K&N installed in it and have loved every moment of driving it for the last 4 odd years. now however, i think its time for me to get my hands on a new car and i want it to be special.
after considering a lot of suggestions and comments from a lot of friend and aso from reading these forums, i think the best buy for me would be the Palio 1.6. i am basically looking for a car which would cost me around 5 lacs and also give me better power and satisfaction than my existing car.
also, since i will be retaining the Marina, i want something that has a driving experience that will stand apart from the daily routine.
the only car that i see fitting the above is the Palio 1.6. since the very launch of the car i have been a ardent lover of it and now would love to be a owner too.
please let me know if the option sounds good to you guys and if you think i should consider any other option.

Old 13th September 2008, 12:39   #2

Hey Lucifer! Welcome to team-bhp!

The 1.6 Sport is indeed a great vehicle but unfortunately it is a bit dated and lacks certain modern safety features like ABS. Its nearest competitors, Swift and Getz, are also great cars that you should TD before making a final decision.

IMO if you are in no hurry then I would suggest that you wait for the end of the year for the Grande Punto as it will be a better buy than the Palio. However, not sure whether the GP will fall in the 5 lakh category
Old 13th September 2008, 15:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

as as second car and for a fun to drive car, the 1.6 is a perfect option. go ahead and get one without any hesitation.

considering you already have a tata car you should be having a rapport with the service center people as well, have a talk with them too and also with other palio drivers in pune and see how the service situation is too. mostly i dont think anyone in pune faced any issues so far.

Last edited by bottle : 13th September 2008 at 15:18.
Old 13th September 2008, 15:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

It is imperative for you to search within forums, before creating a thread on a car that has been frequently discussed. Please refer to older threads.

This discussion is closed.
Closed Thread