Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 02:46   #1
Default Swift!

Hi All,

I've decided to buy a swift. Budget is not a constraint.
Hence, both VDI (ABS) or VXi fits my bill.

I have been driving Petrol cars until now. Also, having had an esteem.
I know what to expect from the Swift Petrol. I have gone through several ownership reviews and have found that both the petrol and diesel versions are equally matched.

I have TD both versions and I like the feel of both. Unfortunately I need to settle for 1.

I intend to keep this car for more than 5 years.
Maintenence, reliability and longevity are my only areas of concern.

Which engine would you suggest? I don't underdrive or overdrive my cars & can adapt quickly to any type of car (p or d).

Most of my friends, relatives own a swift diesel & suggest that I buy the same. FE seems to their only primary concern.

Have'nt seen people talking bout the swift petrol lately. Anything wrong with the Swift P? :S

Both the variants have been around for over a year.
Do we have any stats on the swift? No of buyers petrol vs diesel/year. Satisfaction Index?

I'm in dilemma as to which variant I need to buy. To me they are evenly matched. Guys, fill me up with their experience.
I only use my car to commute between office and home.
Travel maybe twice a year. We drive our cars on an avg of 15k/yr.

I'm okay with avg of 12-16km FE (city or highway)

Old 28th October 2008, 09:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rahul,

Since you like both and are undecided, i would suggest the Diesel.
It gives a better FE, has a newer technology engine and it will be more fun to drive in traffic.
Old 28th October 2008, 10:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, there are plenty of discussions on SWIFT. Be diesel or petrol. Please take your time and go through them.

We don't see any need for a new thread on Swift purchase. Thread closed.
Closed Thread