| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|14th August 2008, 19:45||#17|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: chennai / mumbai
Thanked: 97 Times
chennai to mumbai
I am shifting from chennai to mumbai and I intend to take my car with me.
Some say that you can take your car anywhere in India as long as you are the one driving it.
Others say that you need an NOC from the RTO which has to be produced at mumbai and road tax needs to be paid.
There are others still who say that apart from the NOC, one has to re-register the car in mumbai. This is gonna cost some serious moolah.
So what is actually the procedure.
Can some fellow BHP-ite enlighten me and help me?
|21st August 2008, 12:52||#18|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 1,338 Times
MODS -PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE CORRECT SECTION IF REQUIRED
I am also considering a move to Mumbai from Bangalore with my Chevy Aveo. As far as I understand:
1. You can drive down yourself - just carry all original papers with you.
2. You can drive for 3/6/12 months (unsure?) in MH without registering.
3. If staying beyond the maximum time mentioned in 2. above, you need to ask Chennai RTO for a NOC. In BLR, it's a RTO form called CMV28 (should be same in Chennai RTO too) which you need to submit.
4. Once you get the NOC, it stays valid for 45 days. You need to register your car in MH within that time and send back proof of the same to Chennai RTO in Form 16.
5. After that only God can help with expediting the actual pro-rata refund :-)
Now what I don't know is HOW DO MH RTOs CALCULATE ROAD TAX FOR USED CARS RE-REGISTERED IN MH?
Can a Mumbaikar please help? I THINK it is 4% on invoice value less depreciation etc but don't know exactly.
Last edited by itwasntme : 21st August 2008 at 12:57. Reason: Message to Mods
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need help shifting to Bangalore||adman77||Shifting gears||121||23rd May 2015 00:31|
|Help on Shifting from DIN50 to DIN55 and Which Brand?||gemithomas||Technical Stuff||2||10th June 2009 13:33|
|Car banged. Gear shifting problem!||maxbhp||Technical Stuff||15||15th September 2007 12:48|