Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 19:07   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
well ride and refinement, getz crdi did outperform vista but space and city driveability vista did excel when compared to getz (slightly if not beat hands down). I agree that straight line performance is not the only criteria but overall engine feel was good. I am planning to take another test drive for both the cars and will finalize by this weekend. D_himan, there are no discounts on vista, not even mudflaps and mats are being given, they will have to be purchased and moreover there is a 1 month waiting for aura.
yup waiting is an issue but can be solved if you know someone inside in tata. And getz is around 1 lac expensive as well. However i feel you are sold on Getz so if VFM is not the consideration go for Getz itself
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 23:50   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 72
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Himan- +1 to that. Yes Getz has more power but thats all it has and frankly i dont understand why we need more power except for highways. I dont do above 60 and rarely 80 in NCR driving conditions(and the roads arent bad but lots of traffic).
To me Vista makes perfect sense and am just waiting till dec end for the i20 launch for the comparison as will take the car in jan 09.
, I did 140KMPH with my Vista, and I think that is reasonably good for indian roads. IMHO.
sridak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:02   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Cmon harry man. Not done.

I am already wanting more outta the Multijet. How I wish it had VGT or that I had the Getz (sigh Vit M!) - dil ALWAYS maange more power. Time to me to save up for the pete's box
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 10:47   #34
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
yup waiting is an issue but can be solved if you know someone inside in tata. And getz is around 1 lac expensive as well. However i feel you are sold on Getz so if VFM is not the consideration go for Getz itself
well harsh, yes i am sold on getz but still cant figure out paying 1 lac more. As i would be keeping the car for atleast 3-4 years, i also want to be satisfied that the spare prices and availability would not be an issue with regards to getz especially after i20 launch.The more keenly i look at the fit and finish of vista, the more pissed off i get about fit and plastic quality of some parts in the car. Will have to see if i can stay with that finish. As suggested by some members, i would also TD palio MJD. So as of now, the idea stand as
Getz - gr8 car but slightly expensive.
Vista - VFM with poor finish in some places.
Palio - yet to drive but what i have read, it is better build than vista with the same heart.
Will keep updated about which car i finalize on?
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 12:14   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
well harsh, yes i am sold on getz but still cant figure out paying 1 lac more. As i would be keeping the car for atleast 3-4 years, i also want to be satisfied that the spare prices and availability would not be an issue with regards to getz especially after i20 launch.The more keenly i look at the fit and finish of vista, the more pissed off i get about fit and plastic quality of some parts in the car. Will have to see if i can stay with that finish. As suggested by some members, i would also TD palio MJD. So as of now, the idea stand as
Getz - gr8 car but slightly expensive.
Vista - VFM with poor finish in some places.
Palio - yet to drive but what i have read, it is better build than vista with the same heart.
Will keep updated about which car i finalize on?
If u don't mind the price just go ahead and get the Korean monster.!!
My confidence has only increased after doing nearly 10000 kms and meeting a few owners who have crossed 50000 kms mark.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 12:20   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Getz is expensive because it has a monster engine. So , its justifiable . I have done 10000kms . I am loving it .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 15:37   #37
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

ok now test drove Palio MJD. The reviews are all posted along with long term ownership reports. Dealers attitude put me off. He said we dont have brochure and printed one out of the website to give it to me. As per sales guy, they are more interested in selling tata cars than fiat. If this attitude happens with A.S.S, then i am not even thinking about palio. else i found it more VFM when compared to Vista.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 16:01   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Rule of buying a palio = Posting on PalioUsersIndia with your location/finding out nearby service station (within 15km). Pune means you have a lovely chance all through. And if there's a Linea service center (dedicated fiat service etc) at your TASS, then you're rocking.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 18:52   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
well harsh, yes i am sold on getz but still cant figure out paying 1 lac more. As i would be keeping the car for atleast 3-4 years, i also want to be satisfied that the spare prices and availability would not be an issue with regards to getz especially after i20 launch.The more keenly i look at the fit and finish of vista, the more pissed off i get about fit and plastic quality of some parts in the car. Will have to see if i can stay with that finish. As suggested by some members, i would also TD palio MJD. So as of now, the idea stand as
Getz - gr8 car but slightly expensive.
Vista - VFM with poor finish in some places.
Palio - yet to drive but what i have read, it is better build than vista with the same heart.
Will keep updated about which car i finalize on?
Well Tez as u are out of palio so the options are again Getz and Vista. My sugestion is do a final TD of both and then make your mind with all Pros and Cons, as for Getz am sure after i20 ropes in Getz will be faced out.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 23:09   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 112
Thanked: Once
Default

Tez,
Get a good deal for the car. Bargain for the price, minimum 20-30k and get freebies like insurance, remote lock, etc.They are phasing out Getz and i20 is almost here. Make sure you got a good deal
Dine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 10:19   #41
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Tez,
Get a good deal for the car. Bargain for the price, minimum 20-30k and get freebies like insurance, remote lock, etc.They are phasing out Getz and i20 is almost here. Make sure you got a good deal
Are they phasing out the getz? From what i hear the i20 is being designed primarily keeping the itnernational market in mind. Hence there will be a good chance that they'll run the i10 i20 and the getz with different price brackets. Those wanting performance, but cant afford the price of the verna will go for the getz. While the i10 wills till be the post popular one, cause the i20 will probably be highly priced.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 10:34   #42
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

As long as the Verna is on sales you will not have any troubles finding engine parts for the Getz Crdi. I suggest you pick up the getz eyes closed if you can afford it. It way better built than any of these common rail engined diesel cars in that category. And IMO certainly worth the additional 1L (instead of ending up with a squeky and rattling car like a swift or horrendous A.S.S from Fiat/Tata). Don't worry about the phasing out or spares. Its mandotory for all companies to supply spares for atleast 7yrs from the date of discountinuation.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th November 2008 at 10:36.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 20:52   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 112
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Are they phasing out the getz? From what i hear the i20 is being designed primarily keeping the itnernational market in mind. Hence there will be a good chance that they'll run the i10 i20 and the getz with different price brackets. Those wanting performance, but cant afford the price of the verna will go for the getz. While the i10 wills till be the post popular one, cause the i20 will probably be highly priced.

They may not phase out Getz for few yrs, but the price tag will be lowered once i20 comes in 2009. Its like having Santro and i10. Deep discounts will be available for Getz then, just make sure you get a price cut, so that you don't feel for it later
Dine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 15:33   #44
Newbie
 
AutoPub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Chennai
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I would suggest Vista since you are planning to have the car only for 3-4 years. You will also get a good resale value for Vista when compared to Getz CRDI 3 years down the lane. But if you like to have sheer torque and power to rule the road, then there is no other choice but, Getz CRDI. It can put to shame quite a few hatchbacks and sedans in India.
AutoPub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 00:07   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Cmon harry man. Not done.

I am already wanting more outta the Multijet. How I wish it had VGT or that I had the Getz (sigh Vit M!) - dil ALWAYS maange more power. Time to me to save up for the pete's box
phamilyman, so is Pete's tuning box now available for Indica cars too?... Does Indica Vista Diesel fir the bill? Thanks.
andescondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Required Indica Vista Safire or Indica Vista TDI Logical Hatchbacks 63 30th October 2011 08:57
Indica Vista Anniversary or Getz CRDi kailashnj Hatchbacks 65 22nd May 2009 19:14
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz CRDi or Indica VIsta svdath Hatchbacks 7 24th April 2009 14:10
Indica Vista Official Brochure! EDIT: Vista Now Launched sidindica The Indian Car Scene 233 24th August 2008 18:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks