Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 15:03   #46
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Considering that NHC is better in all respects, lets get into driver comfort:
  • tall seating,
  • excellent thigh support,
  • ample front leg space (you can actually stretch your legs full ! without causing any discomfort to rear passengers)
  • adjustable steering
  • easily reachable indicators for right hand & wipers for left hand
  • effortless steering
  • smooth gears
  • silent cabin
all these make NHC excel in driver comfort. Can U-VA beat this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Hope you have test driven both the NHC and U-VA? And its driver comfort I am talking about.
diabloo is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:19   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Ritz,

So according to your logic, hatchbacks that are roomier than smaller hatchbacks and provide the "cruise" feel are better ? But real time data shows that these bigger hatch backs are outsold by these smaller hatches.

So I conclude that the car buying public in India is stupid because they buy hatches that do not give a better ride quality ?

btw - why did you buy a SPARK when UVA would have given you the "CRUISE" feeling ?

EDIT - why would anyone buy a UVA over the INDICA ? The Indica has space and the "cruise" factor too - and it's diesel too.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 21st December 2008 at 15:21.
normally_crazy is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:23   #48
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Nice posts. Keep them coming.
hrag is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:25   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ritz,
......
btw - why did you buy a SPARK when UVA would have given you the "CRUISE" feeling ?

EDIT - why would anyone buy a UVA over the INDICA ? The Indica has space and the "cruise" factor too - and it's diesel too.

That is one think I like to forget for good..... I am defeated here. Choose what you want.
ritz830 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:29   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Please do not post threads like these, asking Bhpians to accept your obnoxious opinions and on top *THANK* you for doing us ignorant Indians who drive a Santro a favor by enlightening us with your *GYAN*. Not that your post has any merit or deserves a response, but here it goes anyway...

Of all 3 cars you have picked, they are at the very bottom of the premium hatch segment. These cars dont sell for a reason. And the reason is not that Indians dont have the moolah to afford these cars. The reason is that unlike the segment leader like Swift Petrol/Diesel or upcoming i20, these cars have poor egronomics, dated interiors, poor power to weight ratio, poor handling , poor FE, poor resale, and the list goes on.

Some ppl buy Santro, WagonR etc because it fits their budget and are great cars in their own right. They too are sold internationaly for that matter.

Quote:
U-VA, Getz, Palio are global cars. They are globally accepted to be good in city and heavy traffic.
Globally accepted my ***. These car are aimed at low budget customers in Europe or middle class of developing countries. All three of them are not sold in US as they dont fit the bill of whats acceptable for a car. You can also find i-10, Santro(Atos) being sold internationally targeted at the same customers.

Of course if one has the budget the more expensive bigger cars in general provide better driving dynamics (exceptions always there). I am sure most folks are aware of that and dont need your enlighting post to realize that.

BMW M3 > BMW 3 Series > Accord V6 > Civic > City > Swift > Wagon R > Alto > 800 > Chetak , and so the list goes on and on. Ppl guy whichever car fits their budget, daily needs and utility.

In the premium hatch segment in India, Swift is the indisputed leader and for a reason. The 87 bhp petrol and the 75 bhp diesel are a hoot to drive compared to the 1.1 ltr grandpa engine doing duty on an Aveo.

Last edited by aseem : 21st December 2008 at 15:39.
aseem is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:40   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: Once
Default

I drove a Chevy U-VA in the US and felt comfortable driving it in the highways. The U-VA in India is absolutely the same as in the US.

I saw Hyundai Getz exclusively reviewed on Top Gear and Fifth gear. It was rated as the first good commuter car from Hyundai with good design and build quality.

The Fiat Palio 1.1 and 1.6 - after multiple testdrives and TeamBhp reviews I got to know about the quality of this car..
ritz830 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 15:46   #52
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I suggest you test-drive, read reviews about Honda City, find out the merits and trade your Spark for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
I drove a Chevy U-VA in the US and felt comfortable driving it in the highways. The U-VA in India is absolutely the same as in the US.

I saw Hyundai Getz exclusively reviewed on Top Gear and Fifth gear. It was rated as the first good commuter car from Hyundai with good design and build quality.

The Fiat Palio 1.1 and 1.6 - after multiple testdrives and TeamBhp reviews I got to know about the quality of this car..
diabloo is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 16:03   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
I drove a Chevy U-VA in the US and felt comfortable driving it in the highways.
Exactly - if you felt comfortable in the UVA - some one else will be comfortable in the Alto , right ?

Quote:
The Fiat Palio 1.1 and 1.6 - after multiple testdrives and TeamBHP reviews I got to know about the quality of this car..
so you want all BHPians to thank you when you talk about the Palio but you have learnt about it's qualities from Team BHP -
normally_crazy is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 16:10   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Exactly - if you felt comfortable in the UVA - some one else will be comfortable in the Alto , right ?


so you want all BHPians to thank you when you talk about the Palio but you have learnt about it's qualities from Team BHP -

Seriously dude. I really don't wanna argue with you in a egoistic way.

First, please don't falsely quote my statements against Team-bhp. Referring to that statement, I was not talking about Palio. Instead I told that not many have yet compared the VFM of those old cars with the new cars which are greatly ignored by many.

I was just so confident about what I was talking that I went to type that. If you are so confident, so will you.

If you cant understand this. It not my fault.

Last edited by ritz830 : 21st December 2008 at 16:15.
ritz830 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 16:16   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Seriously dude. I really don't wanna argue with you in a egoistic way.

First, please don't falsely quote my statements against Team-bhp

I was just so confident about what I was talking that I went to type that. If you are so confident, so will you.

If you cant understand this. It not my fault.
Now I seriously know that you actually do not understand what so many others including me are typing.

Talking about ego - you cannot accept that some people might be comfortable driving an Alto than an UVA !

As for falsely quoting - you have typed that confidently and did not understand in what context I quoted.

As for not understanding what you type - I am sure I am not alone here.

btw - do you understand what you are typing ?
normally_crazy is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 16:30   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: Once
Default

Ok I got it.

Wish you all happy holiday.
ritz830 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 17:02   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

ok ritz buddy, calm down... nobody here is against you. i think this whole thread is getting a bit offensive.

i understand what you say-
1) UVA sells much less when compared to B santro/wagonR because you think people dont care for the postive virtures of UVA.
2) you feel UVA is more comfortable than santro.
3) you feel UVA is safer to drive on highways.
4) you feel UVA is value for money, not santro.

but buddy, what you are yet to realize is that:
1) even santro has its own positive virtues which UVA does not fulfill. nobody buys a santro just because he does not understand that UVA is 'more safer on highways', but instead they opt for santro for their own reasons. as i said, every individual has his own choices. so i dont agree that santro is a toy car and only UVA can be called as cars.
2) as i said, who will decide whats more comfortable for an individual? he himself! for you, santro many be uncomfortable, but not for some other XYZ... i will give you an example, many on this forum find the scorpio very cramped and uncomfortable, but i find it very comfortable that i bought in 3rd time in a row.
3) i agree to this point but my friend, those who buys a santro may never venture out of the city. it may be his 2nd or 3rd car and he may have a big saloon for highway drives.
4) lastly my friend, nobody with a budget of a getz/fabia will buy an alto, thats common sense! every individual has different budgets and he chooses the best for him WITHIN his budget. let me repeat, he himself knows whats best for him. like you bought two 800s and then a spark, these are 'toy cars' according to you, but still you bought them because it fits your requirements and budget.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 18:13   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

so after all this you dont own one!!!!!
my god, and the point of this thread???
iceman91 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 18:19   #59
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
so after all this you dont own one!!!!!
my god, and the point of this thread???
The point is that you should sell your baleno and buy an U-VA. Even vikram_d should sell his Swift and get a U-VA. After all we are all slowdrivers, then we can cruise.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st December 2008 at 18:20.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 21st December 2008, 18:29   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

haha sure sure. The day I get 4.2 to burn I will. Till then I might as well accept the "crazy" tag
iceman91 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should we consider Acceleration to Braking ratio seriously? Shan2nu Technical Stuff 9 12th September 2009 17:12
Should Ford consider bringing the Mustang to India? sabret00the The Indian Car Scene 31 28th July 2008 15:23
Whom do you consider greatest automobile manufacturer? sbasak The International Automotive Scene 34 27th February 2006 13:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks