Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 13:30   #16
BHPian
 
MontyKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 87
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Arindamda,

Kappa is better than 1.1. Also why go for an old engine?

My experience with my i10 1.2 is fantastic.

Cheers
MK
MontyKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:04   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
However, being an old engine, i doubt if it will be able to meet future emission norms. Kappa engine is already E-V complaint. So if you are planning to keep the car long term, go for the Kappa.
Come on Priyank! How can that be a criteria for buying cars? Since when has a system for phasing out old, personal cars been used in India? And how many of those laws have been based on pollution norms?

If that was the case a lot of 2-stroke two-wheelers, polluting diesel Jeeps, Amby's etc. would have been forced off the road long ago!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:26   #18
BHPian
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 307
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for your inputs. Well, as for the automatic, its a strict no-no since neither I nor the lady like the staid feel of an auto box, apart from the higher price considerations. Shes a pretty enthusiastic driver herself, so I guess the manual tranny is the way to go for her too
The Spark is out, for the reasons that she already has a Spark back home in Goa, and secondly I dont trust GM service as compared to Hyundai, which i gather is quite decent, and thirdly, the looks are in favour of the i10, both exterior and of course interior too.
On road price for the Magna 1.2 is quoted ar 4.57, while the 1.1 Era is 4.3. For 30 k more the 1.2 seems to be a good deal. What do you think?
My heart says 1.2, since we plan to take it out for highway trips as well, and simply because the 80 horses sound really good to me for a car of this size. I shall be doing the test drive over the weekend.

Another question is whether Advaith Hyundai (residency Road) is a good dealership for Hyundai? Or is Trident (Sankey Road) better? What is your experience, Bangy Hyundai owners?
Dude did they increase the price already?
In December when I was looking out for a car the price for 1.2 magna was 4.43 lacs that was after the December discount and cenvat cut.
May be the december discounts are gone now. If you buy now you will still get a 2008 model so i would suggest buy in Mar if you can wait otherwise you would be getting a 2008 model at 2009 price.

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 9th January 2009 at 14:27.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:31   #19
BHPian
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 307
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Arindam, check my thread for details on the deal that i got for a 1.2 Kappa ( Magna Variant). Hope the list of freebies can give you an idea how much you can twist the dealer's arm.

Infact, aim for a higher freebie list

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html
Sorry mate this is Bengaluru not Hyderabad. Even if you bend on your knees and plead you wont get even the mats and mudflap free. Thats the price you have to pay for being in the sillicon valley of India.

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 9th January 2009 at 14:42.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:39   #20
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Yes revhappy, the prices have probably gone up.

I have enquired at both Advaith and Trident. The 1.2 Magna comes for 4.57(non-metallic) and 4.61 (Metallic).
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 21:23   #21
BHPian
 
arsenik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Why not let your better-half test drive both the cars??!!! i mean, she might be charmed by the kappa (good for u!) or might dislike it (highly unlikely as it may seem... :P )

Just one question, why not the Swift?? I mean, besides sporting better exteriors and interiors (based purely on opinion!) it offers a much more encouraging and engaging drive!!
Make sure u both TD the Swift too!!

also, u can choose to wait for the Maruti Suzuki RITZ (splash) which would be sporting a 1.2 petrol and 1.3 diesel mill...

Sorry if u might have gotten a lil confused!!!

Cheerz!
arsenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 15:50   #22
BHPian
 
sam_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Posts: 219
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Sorry for the late reply .. Well I bought a i10 Kappa sportz from the Advaith Residency road. The delivery was absolutly hassle free. The car was delivered on time but hold on. I did not get anything other than the mud flap and the mats. But the staff were good. There is a guy called Sunil who helped me in my deal. If you want his number you can send me a PM. Moreover I got a corporate discount of 1K ( insulting for me and my company ), so check with Trident too.

Please remember I booked the vehicle in December.

Moreover I feel 1.2 is a better buy than the other, as I feel the older 1 might go at any time and do not forget the resale value part.

Regards,
Sam_Boy
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 16:08   #23
BHPian
 
jango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York & kotayam
Posts: 798
Thanked: 19 Times
Post

Congrats Sam_Boy. The 1.2 Kappa is an excellent car. Pls do post some pics of you car.
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 18:03   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 508
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Sorry for the late reply .. Well I bought a i10 Kappa sportz from the Advaith Residency road. The delivery was absolutly hassle free. The car was delivered on time but hold on. I did not get anything other than the mud flap and the mats. But the staff were good. There is a guy called Sunil who helped me in my deal. If you want his number you can send me a PM. Moreover I got a corporate discount of 1K ( insulting for me and my company ), so check with Trident too.

Please remember I booked the vehicle in December.

Moreover I feel 1.2 is a better buy than the other, as I feel the older 1 might go at any time and do not forget the resale value part.

Regards,
Sam_Boy
Congrats man!
Kappa is a wise decision - how much did you pay for this? Any discounts besides the corporate discount?
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 18:07   #25
BHPian
 
garvit2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default

why go for an old engine ....it just saves 5000bucks for the magna model and a few bhps !
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 18:10   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,047
Thanked: 480 Times
Default

Congrats Sam for the i10 Kappa !

BTW, the thread starter was arindambasu13, decided anything yet?.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 19:08   #27
BHPian
 
sam_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Posts: 219
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Congrats man!
Kappa is a wise decision - how much did you pay for this? Any discounts besides the corporate discount?
Thanks for appreciating my decision.. ( 75% of the credit goes to my wife).

Well other than the corporate discount I got 5K cash discounts ( which was earlier for the accessories) and the insurance free ... Nothing extra .

I did not do well in the negotiation part I guess, but after seeing this lady in red my frustrations evaporated pretty soon.

Well want to put so many pictures, but how do I do it here ?? I am new here and when I tried to put one, it asked me for a link .. so do I need to upload the image into some site then post the URL here ?? Guide me in this issues please.

Also find some of my posts regarding my car in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pa-sportz.html (My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz)

Best regards,
Sam_Boy
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 19:08   #28
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Hey all,

Have been following all the suggestions given by everybody, and yes we did go for the test drive of the Kappa. Liked it too, and so did she.

@DCEite: However, since most part of the money would come from the lady's father, we have decided to scale down the segment a bit and look at the Santro instead. I know the cons of buuying the Santro (old engine, about to be phased out etc etc), but then if theres anything in that price segment to be considered, it is the Santro or the Wagon R. Amongst the 2, in my books , the Santro wins, though not by a huge margin.

Thats the update from my side.

i10 seems to be out of reckoning for no :(
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:43   #29
BHPian
 
kbalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

@DCEite: However, since most part of the money would come from the lady's father, we have decided to scale down the segment a bit and look at the Santro instead. I know the cons of buuying the Santro (old engine, about to be phased out etc etc), but then if theres anything in that price segment to be considered, it is the Santro or the Wagon R. Amongst the 2, in my books , the Santro wins, though not by a huge margin.

Thats the update from my side.

i10 seems to be out of reckoning for no :(
Did you check out the SPARK??? That seems to be a good buy with great discounts flowing around
kbalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 16:38   #30
BHPian
 
rudrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 606
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hey all,

Have been following all the suggestions given by everybody, and yes we did go for the test drive of the Kappa. Liked it too, and so did she.

@DCEite: However, since most part of the money would come from the lady's father, we have decided to scale down the segment a bit and look at the Santro instead. I know the cons of buuying the Santro (old engine, about to be phased out etc etc), but then if theres anything in that price segment to be considered, it is the Santro or the Wagon R. Amongst the 2, in my books , the Santro wins, though not by a huge margin.

Thats the update from my side.

i10 seems to be out of reckoning for no :(
Yup, Spark is a better option than the ageing Santro. Looks cute, good built quality and most important the Service schemes are the best they are offering.

Another suggestion:
Indica Vista Safire Aqua version

TD both of them and take your decision!

Cheers~
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa) Vs i10 Sportz (1.2 Kappa) MutantX Hatchbacks 52 12th September 2010 00:55
Whats the Big Deal with i10 Kappa anyway? somebodystopme The Indian Car Scene 106 23rd June 2010 19:18
Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa DCEite Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 176 11th October 2009 22:02
getz GLS to getz GLX or i10 kappa? filcord Hatchbacks 36 30th August 2009 18:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks