Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 6th March 2009, 22:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And last night I was driving Tadukuttan's Elantra which has done almost 100k kms & was doing 190 kmph with four people on board & A/c on full blast.
WOWIE !! were you guys flying low level at night all right - and on Indian roads at that - maybe given the surprises that Indian roads can and will throw at you , very, very suddenly and especially so at night- you could have perhaps considered doing those speeds in a light aircraft at low level !!! - well at least you then could have had have the option of pulling up into the third dimension in the (quite probable) event of a nonchalant mobile speed-breaker ambling into your -ahem - trajectory!!
Rigid Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 15:18   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Guys,

Took delivery of my Indica Vista on Saturday. Additional fittings done

Changed to Alloys
Changed Goodyear GT3 to Bridgestone tyres (same size) Turanza
Under body coating done
Clear coat done

Planned
Seat covers - art leather
Mud flaps
Leather steering wheel cover

The car is really awesome. In 1 day I have already driven approximately 123kms.

Will start a thread for Initial ownership soon.

Guys I had a question.

In the central dash, I see a light blinking. The signal light that keeps on blinking, looks like car with a lock. I want to know if this is normal for everyone or is it only for my car. Other Vista owner, can you please confirm.

Regards,
Kailash
Kailash, congratulations for your buy, after few years down the lane, this decision would be acknowledged, carvan grey looks the best in vista along with anniversary edition, though colours are personal choice. 123kms on your first day, man you seems to be taking multijet all around your city, drive safe and looking to see her cool pics mate.CHEERS!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 16:38   #48
BANNED

kailash where are you mate, seems completing 1000kms till now
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 18:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats kailash.
Its good to hear that you opted for vista. Thats a nice car you got.
All the best and drive safely.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:47   #50
BHPian

Hey Kailash, how is the vehicle. Are you done with the first service? What is the fuel efficiency you are getting?

Cheers/Shyam
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 20:19   #51
BHPian

Hi,

I have a question ....is there any particular reason that owners feel that the Getz CRDI is difficult to drive in bumper to bumper city traffic ...

I have an Indica DLX turbo - done 35,000 kms - planning to upgrade to either Vista Quadrajet or the Getz CRDI. Driving is predominantly in the city (75 %) and the rest on the highways.
samatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 20:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Possibly turbo lag. But with the kind of numbers the CRDI puts out, I am wondering whether even that makes a difference.

I think you need to look at your other requirements before zeroing in between the 2 cars
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 21:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

if turbo lag is really a concern, get the quadrajet - it has by far the best driveablity among the diesel hatches, along with the palio MJD.

driving the getz crdi is a hoot , as an indica turbo owner , i can attest that you'll love it . but then again, i havent tried driving it around busy city streets. only the very well paved and empty streets around my office campus
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 11:45   #54
BHPian

@samatre - i own a getzi too and i live in bangalore the place known for the small lanes and the mad traffic. I don't find it all that hard to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. In fact it is quiet easy because the clutch is super progressive in the sense i dont need to even touch the accelerator for getting the car to move forward. The new crdi engines seem to have a mechanism to rev up when the rpms are lowered (<800 rpm) so as to avoid the vehicle from stalling and that helps in bumper to bumper traffic.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2009, 13:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Possibly turbo lag. But with the kind of numbers the CRDI puts out, I am wondering whether even that makes a difference.

I think you need to look at your other requirements before zeroing in between the 2 cars

Yeah, I guess you are right - I do have a number of 'other' requirements - plan to post this seperately.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:18   #56
BHPian

Thanks Shyam.... actually i've been following your reports on the crdi for quite some time and m' sort of facinated by the performance logs that you and the others have spoken of on this super hatchback.
I've been after the local dealers since the past 3 weeks for a test drive but they don't seem to have a demo car. That's strange bcos what I understood by going through the past posts that the crdi on getz was mainly due to dealer pressure !
Old 29th April 2009, 14:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatre View Post
Thanks Shyam.... actually i've been following your reports on the crdi for quite some time and m' sort of facinated by the performance logs that you and the others have spoken of on this super hatchback.
I've been after the local dealers since the past 3 weeks for a test drive but they don't seem to have a demo car. That's strange bcos what I understood by going through the past posts that the crdi on getz was mainly due to dealer pressure !
Yes! but as always there are understandings between the dealers and the manufacturers. I think one such deal would have been
Dealer: [Pressure]
Manufacturer: Fine! we will oblige, but we dont want any publicity on this.
Dealer: Deal!

Trident at Bangalore were kind enough to arrange for a TD vehicle for me. Try this tell the dealer that you would book and buy the car immediately after the TD. Also ask some Tbhpian from pune if they got a TD anytime.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:07   #58
BHPian

Ok Shyam - fine.... will try this on the dealer today
Old 6th May 2009, 17:49   #59
BHPian

i inquired at the dealership once again to find out if they can arrange for a TD. They told me that they would request past customers to offer a test drive.

Meanwhile the receptionist at another dealership here in Pune - rudely told me that Hyundai has stopped production of the Getz Crdi ! and I could book one only if the company had a stock inplace.
This obviously is not true bcos the first dealer (who has promised me a test drive) denied this and assured me that bookings are open for the Getz Crdi.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:20   #60
BHPian

Finally got a test drive ! The dealer had a car to be delivered to a customer the next day and he called me to take a drive the previous day at his stockyard.

The ride was awsome ... brute power at the driver's disposal. I also tested the car at very low speads ... didn't encounter any drag or stalling and it was a smooth rollover with the super sensitive clutch that Shyam had pointed out.

The suspension was a bit stiff compared to the vista QJD.

So now it either the vista QJD or the Getz CRDI for me... and before that i need to sell of my 3 year old Turbo Indica.