Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 14th May 2009, 09:42   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatre View Post
Finally got a test drive ! The dealer had a car to be delivered to a customer the next day and he called me to take a drive the previous day at his stockyard.

The ride was awsome ... brute power at the driver's disposal. I also tested the car at very low speads ... didn't encounter any drag or stalling and it was a smooth rollover with the super sensitive clutch that Shyam had pointed out.

The suspension was a bit stiff compared to the vista QJD.

So now it either the vista QJD or the Getz CRDI for me... and before that i need to sell of my 3 year old Turbo Indica.
That is great how long was the TD? Did you get to drive on any highway. The stiffer suspension gives better handling.

Cheers/Shyam

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th May 2009 at 00:17. Reason: gr8 = great. Please type in full words.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 17:03   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
That is gr8 how long was the TD? Did you get to drive on any highway. The stiffer suspension gives better handling.

Cheers/Shyam
The TD was for have an hour. Actually since it was a pre delivery car for a customer : i had a mental block not give it a beating ; so drove carefully. We are in a huge industrial plot here in Pune ; but the roads were broad and wide ; well maintained.

And on top of that the dealer has promised a discount of 25 k overall on the Getz
samatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 11:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
The TD was for have an hour. Actually since it was a pre delivery car for a customer : i had a mental block not give it a beating ; so drove carefully. We are in a huge industrial plot here in Pune ; but the roads were broad and wide ; well maintained.

And on top of that the dealer has promised a discount of 25 k overall on the Getz
wow i never knew people gave discounts. That is a good bargain samatre. When i asked for discounts here in bangalore none of the dealers gave discounts. They said "SORRY SIR, NO OFFERS ON GETZ CRDI" .
All the best samatre. If you ask me go for it .

Cheers/Shyam
Old 15th May 2009, 13:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
wow i never knew people gave discounts. That is a good bargain samatre. When i asked for discounts here in bangalore none of the dealers gave discounts. They said "SORRY SIR, NO OFFERS ON GETZ CRDI" .
All the best samatre. If you ask me go for it .

Cheers/Shyam
There is a waiting period for about 4 weeks however.

I do not have a second doubt of the superiority of the verna engine inside. It is a killer ! . The only nagging tought in my mind is the 1 lakh overhead above the vista, the seating comfort, and the suspension - which people say is better in the the vista. Also do I really nead such a powerfull car - when most of the time I am stuck up on choked roads (i.e will the power ever be unleashed ??)

Shyam : could you kindly send me some snaps of your car please... That would be very much appreciated..
Old 16th May 2009, 09:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
There is a waiting period for about 4 weeks however.

I do not have a second doubt of the superiority of the verna engine inside. It is a killer ! . The only nagging tought in my mind is the 1 lakh overhead above the vista, the seating comfort, and the suspension - which people say is better in the the vista. Also do I really nead such a powerfull car - when most of the time I am stuck up on choked roads (i.e will the power ever be unleashed ??)

Shyam : could you kindly send me some snaps of your car please... That would be very much appreciated..
You can check out my ownership thread and you can also check KP's thread for other colors. Here are the links :

Mine -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...etallic-6.html

KP's -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-29.html

Cheers/Shyam
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
You can check out my ownership thread and you can also check KP's thread for other colors. Here are the links :

Mine -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...etallic-6.html

KP's -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-29.html

Cheers/Shyam

Read all the messages in both the threads. Very very impressive I must say ......

Thnx Shyam