Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 16th March 2009, 03:08   #16

Hey Prasanna,
Avoid the fusion, its really not a very good car when compared to other hatchbacks. I would try and wait for the i20 diesel. Depending on the engine being brought to India, it could be an amazing car to drive. The Getz CRDi is a very good car too but has a turbo lag that might annoy you especially in traffic. The Jazz is a much awaited car and will probably be lapped up by the masses. So you're in a slight fix. Either go in for a winner, and if its a winner, the masses will follow or shell out a major amount of moolah and get a real premium car like a Fiat 500 or a Bravo.

Honestly, forget what is common and go in for a car that you'll enjoy driving. My suggestions :
Swift Vdi - cheap to maintain
Getz CRDi - reasonable parts again
Fiat Palio D - Now handled by Tata so cheap on parts(qaulity and cost )

PS. You've been very lucky with your Palio. Mines been a pleasure to drive but a nightmare to maintain. FE is just terrible on mine.
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote