| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th March 2009, 17:23||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Please advise - i10 1.2 (Magna) Automatic
I would be buying an i10 1.2 (Magna) AT in the next few days and would like your comments on the below quote from MGF Hyundai. This is the best I have got after the first day's bargaining and I pretty much doubt if they would throw in any more freebies.
The car will mostly be used for city driving.
i10 Magna 1.2L Kappa (Solid)
Ex-showroom price: 436,386
Road tax: 26,290
Logistic and handling charges: 3,000
Exchange Bonus: 15,000
Corporate Discount: 4,000
Extended Warranty (3rd Year): 2,500
Under Body Anti-Corrosion coating
Basic accessories (Mud flap, Floor mats)
* Hyundai central locking available instead of Extended Warranty and Sunfilm
I do have a few queries,
1) We have decided on the colour white, however this is non metallic. Should this be of concern?
2) What all documents would be needed to avail the exchange bonus other than the copy of the RC book?
3) MGF had mentioned that they do have tie ups with most of the insurance companies. Which one should I opt for? After going through some of the threads, it seems like folks here suggest Bajaj and Tata AIG.
4) Which security system is recommended for i10? (Autocop/Nippon?) I would not require any of the high end features. Please mention the model number.
5) I am planning on getting the tyres changed and the wheels upgraded to alloys. Dealer has mentioned that he can provide Bridgestone/MRF/Apollo as the stock tyres.
a) How much should I expect for the stock tyres?
b) Should I upgrade to 175/60/R13 or 175/70/R13? Will there be any reduction in the mileage?
c) Which alloys and tyres do you recommend?
|5th March 2009, 19:16||#2|
Join Date: May 2008
Thanked: 122 Times
Few Comments To your queries:
1. i10 White Non-metallic. No concern at all. Infact IMO i10 looks best in white. Just go for it.
2.Nothing except the RC book.
3.Yes, the current flavour of the season are TataAIG and Bajaj, but others are equally good.
4. I would suggest AutoCop. Better performance , better service backup.
5. If the dealer gives you a choice for the brand, go for Bridgestone. It will fetch you the best money when you go in for an exchange.
6. All depends on you negotiation skills. But, if you want the best price just head straight to the tyre wala asa you take delivery of your vehicle. You can opt for the change at the dealership also.
7. IMO, 175/60 R13 would be the correct upsize. Yes, there will be a mild reduction in mileage and a slightly heavy steering, but what you will gain is much better grip levels, ride comfort and improved braking performance.
8. Alloys- Avoid chinese makes. You can go for Indian makes like Neo and Aura, or Taiwanese Make HR. HR being my favourite and have used them in different cars in the past 10 years.
Tires- Flavour of the season - Yokohama's and Michelin's. But avoid them if you drive on rough roads. You can find more info on Tires and Alloys Section on this Forum.
|6th March 2009, 11:02||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 229 Times
You can go for Hyundai's original security system with engine immobiliser. It is very nice and if any issues can be sorted out by them during services.
|6th March 2009, 13:43||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanked: 83 Times
Pls see replies in-line
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Advise needed: First car purchase. EDIT : Booked a crystal white i10 Magna 1.2 VTVT||Archon||Hatchbacks||34||1st January 2011 09:31|
|i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa) Vs i10 Sportz (1.2 Kappa)||MutantX||Hatchbacks||52||12th September 2010 00:55|
|Hyundai i10 Magna Automatic Champagne Gold||Simhi||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||15||11th July 2010 20:54|
|Vista safire aura , punto1.2 active, i10 magna kappa1.2,ritz lxi. EDIT : Booked i10!||anusha_snh||Hatchbacks||66||25th October 2009 16:43|
|i10 Magna Manual or Automatic?||aseem||Hatchbacks||30||19th March 2009 17:49|