Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 26th April 2009, 16:56   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I think I was not clear. I was referring to Vista Steering being hard and after a turn the wheel does not return to steady. Clutch is bit hard and I feel the "spring" .

Overall I am a satisfied Vista customer so far!
I did get your question. I was indeed comparing Vista to the Swift petrol. I think the steering infact is light and should be heavier at higher speeds.
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 01:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anustup_vista View Post
I have a Vista Tdi Aqua and I feel the power steering to be very recpetive and stable even at high speeds of around 100kmph.

I don't agree with the 'poor plastics' comment- come on! we are not driving a BMW are we? Compared to the swift the twin toned plastic of Vista is much better and pleasing to the eye. Also the plastice has a more smotth finish. I find my hand brake to be working fine- is there any specific problem you are having with it?

Ok - Since I drive both Swift VDI and Quadrajet. I find the plastics are a real turn off in Vista. 1) Door locks skake a lot, my autocop does not lock sometimes since this switch is not proper 2) Hand brake shakes and there is a huge gap. Having said this, in the same breath I would also like to mention that there a host of positives over swift like Noise levels, suspension, space, closer gear ratios hence lesser gear changes in city.
I repeat - I am a satisfied Vista Quadrajet customer

Drive on
Anand
anandkumargb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:14   #48
BHPian

I still have the confusion about the second service. My coupon still says 10000 while the other people on this forum say it has to be done at 5000.
I did inquire from my dealer and he says that there has been a policy change and now the new cars are getting there second service at 10000 only. Can some new buyer confirm/ refute the same?
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 16:57   #49
BHPian

Congrats Travelex,
Ur post is further encouraging me to prepone my plan to buy it.
Have a joy ride ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I was really busy for the last week or so. Hence could not write about my experience with Indica Quadrajet.
Bad things first.
I experienced almost all the minor problems that people have faced here like the beading thing that I told earlier.
From the start,
1. The people at the ASC forgot to put a tool kit in my car which I remembered just as I was about to leave.
2. The beading thing had been fixed since I had gone a day earlier for a pre registration check.
3. One of the back doors was not opening even though the child lock was not applied, which had to be fixed.
4. One of the side indicators was not working which I missed at the ASC and had to come back an hour later to get fixed.
5. There was a creaking kind of sound whenever the car went over a bump. This happened only when a heavy person was sitting on the front passenger seat. Surprisingly this has disappeared after the first 2 days.
6. There is a screeching/ squeaking sound when the brakes are applied. Not too loud but you do notice it.
7. There is some noise when the AC is running at minimum fan speed. Something needs to be fixed.
Lots of issues. Most however I feel should have been sorted out by the dealer/ASC.
Inspite of all this if you ask me, I have been more than satisfied with the car. Maybe I looked down upon diesel engines too much and have been surprised by this smooth and easy to handle diesel engine. Driving is real pleasure and very comfortable. Here are the things I really liked
1. Engine - the drivability and manouvering
2. Interiors - Nice feel
3. Power steering
4. Cabin space
5. Overall shape and design
Some things that might have been better
1. Boot space
2. Some finer things (like fitting of the plastics)
3. Rear view mirrors - could have been bigger.
4. Sound of doors closing - you dont hear a thud, more like a 1985 fiat padmini
5. Music system - Speakers could have been better.

I also have some doubts
1. The first service is due at 1000-1500 Km. I have done about 950 Km. When should I get the service done? Nearer to 1000 or to 1500?
2. The coupon says the second service is due at 10000Km. The manual says 5000? Which one is correct?
3. Which would be the most efficient ASC in Delhi? I would prefer South Delhi but if the ASC is open on Sundays, I can go anywhere. Someone with personal experience may please help.
4. What would be the current recommendations regarding idling during starting and ending the journey?
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:08   #50

Bought my Aura Qjd on the eve of Dussehra. Today it's 950 km. The internal door handle assembly on the front laft has already come out, when I'd pulled the open door. People on the forum always agressively spoke of pathetic quality of its plastic. But I never expected it to be so baaaad. As for rest of the things, its a very nice car.
adilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 14:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I still have the confusion about the second service. My coupon still says 10000 while the other people on this forum say it has to be done at 5000.
I did inquire from my dealer and he says that there has been a policy change and now the new cars are getting there second service at 10000 only. Can some new buyer confirm/ refute the same?

This one is fiat multijet ingine. It has to be serviced every 15000 kms. but TATA on being safer side has asked to get the vistas change oil every 10000 kms. i m using Linea and my oil change intervals are 15k.
I will be booking vista quadrajet in a day or 2.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote