Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2005, 11:36   #46
BHPian

If you want to fit 3 people for a long duration in a hatchback..the others pale in comparison to the Palio and Indica.

From what I know is that the wagonR are seats are too straight and hard.
For fuel economy, reliability, low maintenance, peppy engine - Zen is the best choice
for space, comfort, big car feel, stability, decent engine power, looks - Indica (P) or Palio
for mostly city driving, reliability, decent economy, useful power - Santro/wagonR

Now 'surprise' ..you have to decide what your priorities are...short list a couple and take test drives or sit in cars of friends etc.....and book one !
Old 13th May 2005, 12:12   #47
BHPian

Default try the palio

take a test drive of a palio.
let your senses tell you which is the best.
Old 13th May 2005, 14:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
take a test drive of a palio.

Iam not comfortable with their service levels. Not technically, but administratively (Sundaram Automobiles, the only authorized service station). On top of it their service bills is always higher. Hence I have not included PALIO in the list, though I love the looks of the vehicle very much.
Old 13th May 2005, 15:37   #49
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Seating Comfort :my bet WagonR
I'd strongly disagree here. A friend of mine has a wagon & everytime I sit in that car, I hate it! The seats have no support at all & are quite hard. & the less spoken about the back seat, the better.
Old 13th May 2005, 17:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Maruti guys postponed the meeting thrice & Iam yet to meet them. As mentioned by one BHP'ian Hyundai seems to be very aggressive in sales ( these individuals represent the company & even these individual's mistake will reflect as Company's image) or they are busy with meeting lot of customers
Old 13th May 2005, 21:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Yes as i said Maruti guys are very lazy and lacklustre when it comes to marketing and pushing there products... Hyundai people far far better in this regard!..

Anyways in the end you got to listen to your own heart when deciding upon the car.. we people can only advice you.
Old 13th May 2005, 21:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'd strongly disagree here. A friend of mine has a wagon & everytime I sit in that car, I hate it! The seats have no support at all & are quite hard. & the less spoken about the back seat, the better.
very true. But i am only comparing it with the seats of Santro. Although seats of Santro are wider, they felt rather hard to me.
Wagonr seats lack underthigh support, and are too narrow for tall persons, so the knees always point skywards...Back seat is nothing more than a bench.
But hardly any car is perfect.. so in the end it all depends on the priorities of the person buying the car..

Anyways for best seats in a small car, refer to this poll:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...eats+small+car (Best seats in a small car)

For tbhp poll on wagonr vs santro vs Indica, refer to this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...+santro+indica (WagonR v/s Santro v/s Indica)

Last edited by DCEite : 13th May 2005 at 21:45.
Old 16th May 2005, 11:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Finally Maruti guy had promised me to visit this evening around 4 pm.

When enquired about Suzuki Swift, I was told that prices will be annonced formally on May 19th 2005. He added that 10 vehicles is in transportation to Chennai and the current booking in his showroom was 12. I wonder how do people make payment in advance without even knowing the exact prices.

It seems that basic model (comes with AC and Power steering) will cost Rs.4.25 L (Ex-show room price)

Let me keep you all posted once I take a look at the ZEN.
Old 17th May 2005, 11:19   #54
BHPian

Thumbs up

it would be Costing about 4.2

just got it from Google.com...

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/auto...wift-price.asp
Old 17th May 2005, 14:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I met the Maruti Guy, discussed with him & asked him to take me a test drive. To my surprise I was told that he came in a bike. I was asked to visit the showroom, if want to take a look at the car

Said good bye to his showroom & was interacting with another vendor who too deals with Maruti. He told me that all the demo vehicles is booked (for demo purposes) and will take one tomorrow. NO CHOICE. I will wait till they take me for a test drive.
Old 17th May 2005, 18:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Finally I took my seat in the Demo car (Zen LXI) . I insisted this guy to bring me the Vxi version & disappointed to see this Lxi version. The sales guy never opened his mouth & he would have thought his job was just to deliver the brochures & take me for a test drive.

Hyundai offered freebies for Rs.40K & Maruti offered me the Insurance free and one Maruti rebranded music system. Maruti's overall discount came to Rs.20K.

Finally, thanks you all for guiding me to decide on my car.

I had decided to go for ZEN Vxi. Dropping into their showroom tomorrow to decide the color of the car & the model of the alloy wheels.

One of the dealer has this EURO-II, which is cheaper by Rs.14000/-. The sales representative told that there is no user advantage between EURO-II & III. Hence thinking of taking the EURO-II itself.

Will keep you posted on this.
Old 18th May 2005, 11:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Default EURO-II or EURO-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Finally I took my seat in the Demo car (Zen LXI) . I insisted this guy to bring me the Vxi version & disappointed to see this Lxi version. The sales guy never opened his mouth & he would have thought his job was just to deliver the brochures & take me for a test drive.

Hyundai offered freebies for Rs.40K & Maruti offered me the Insurance free and one Maruti rebranded music system. Maruti's overall discount came to Rs.20K.

Finally, thanks you all for guiding me to decide on my car.

I had decided to go for ZEN Vxi. Dropping into their showroom tomorrow to decide the color of the car & the model of the alloy wheels.

One of the dealer has this EURO-II, which is cheaper by Rs.14000/-. The sales representative told that there is no user advantage between EURO-II & III. Hence thinking of taking the EURO-II itself.

Will keep you posted on this.

This emission norms have any impact on the performance
Old 18th May 2005, 11:59   #58
Senior - BHPian

hey surprise,

now dunno which one are you.hehe.

but dont buy alloys from the dealer.get it from a tire shop.u will get it cheaper.

Old 26th May 2005, 12:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite

Otherwise, wait for the Swift.
I had released the order for Maruti Suzuki Swift VXI Version along with an advance payment of Rs.1L. The delivery of the vehicle would be on or before 8th June 2005. I had prepared myself for 10 days delay from the promised delivery time frame. I thought it was ZEN, but it is because of the messages that got exchanged in this forum about SWIFT, thought of giving it a try & proved worthy.

Really happy to be a part of this AUTO GREATS
Old 26th May 2005, 13:11   #60
BANNED

Talking Congo

Congo on your decision.
Have you taken a test drive of the swift

Last edited by Montoya : 26th May 2005 at 13:17. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread