Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 22nd July 2009, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Buying a new car is always a good option as you get service and also the pleasure of driving from a showroom.Believe me its an awesome feeling.
On the other hand buying a second hand car with a reliable mechanic is also an option one might consider.
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:52   #17
BHPian

GO for Vista QJD AURA at 4.5 L it is a steal. If the car was in Bangalore i would have said go for i10 or Ritz. Reason? i would have befriended you to get your relative's car
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:09   #18
BHPian

OTR price for a vista Aqua - is somewhere close to 5.03 in Hyd. (Source Carwale) Since it's an almost new car - 82 Km on odo 4.5 L is a fair price to pay... (I am assuming that it'd be spruced up with some additional accessories as well)

You can pay your relative and let the registration be on his name only, that way the car will not change it's owner. When you sell the car you can get the sale letter signed by your relative... However this should be done only if the relative is very close and is someone you trust.
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:49   #19

Thumbs up

The price of Indica Vista Aqua is 4.43 lacs (ex showroom). My bad that in my earlier post I assumed that it was the Aura version and had quoted the price for the ex showroom @4.72 lacs.

@4.43 lacs the on-road price comes at roughly 5 lacs. But you can get discounts and/or goodies on the deal. 15K-20K is the ongoing discount ... depends on how good you can bargain.

@4.5 lacs is slightly higher... 4.25 lacs will be more VFM, considering that the car doesn't have other accessories. You can add out market accessories price with a 30% discount to the 4.25 lacs price tag if the car has any. Accessories do attract a higher depreciation than the vehicle.

Mohandas: I'd recommend you to buy yoru relative's car at 4.10 - 4.25 lacs + (accessories with 30% discount).
drive2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Buying a new car is always a good option as you get service and also the pleasure of driving from a showroom.Believe me its an awesome feeling.
On the other hand buying a second hand car with a reliable mechanic is also an option one might consider.

sometimes seem more logical.
my heart would skip a beat every time some idiot auto rickshaw / biker would try to squeeze between a narrow space and dent and scratch your brand new car.
Believe me it doesnt hurt as much when the car gets 3/4 year older
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 15:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I agree here. In the past 8 years, i have bought 4 brand new cars. That feeling of new cars is unexplainable and that cannot be said about a used car.

Touchwood, if god wishes, i will continue buying new cars all my life
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote