Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 20th August 2009, 13:36   #16
BHPian

I talked to fiat salesman about getting discount on in-house insurance amount. He is not that co-operative. He said, they wont force the customer to purchase insurance from them. Customers can get insurance done from outside also and he wont give any discount in the insurance amount.
Can somebody give pointers/contacts whom I can contact to get better deal regarding this.

I will be taking this car through finance. Is it okay to apply for loan through the in-house finance team? Are there any precautions to be taken?

Thanks!
the_maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 14:02   #17
BHPian

Hai Maven,
I would suggest you to go with Punto Emotion Pack.
There are airbags available in emotion pack for safety which cannot be fitted outside.
I know you are feeling the price is too much for that. But as you are planning to keep the car for 3 to 4 years, i think may be emotion pack will fetch you the price difference. This is purely my opinion as i see prices in the used car market is more in hyderabad compared to other cities.
phanitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 17:42   #18
BHPian

Hi Maven,
1. Which is better car?
I think Punto is overall a better car then vista. Go for Punto. But if you have price constraints then Vista is not a bad car by any means. As far as A.S.S. is concerned, it will be more or less same for both.
2. Insurance discount:
I suggest you to go and get it from outside and I am sure you will get atleast Rs 5K off. Only thing you need to take care is, choose the insurance company which has cashless tie up with the dealer from whom you are buying the car. If a insurance company has a tie up with the dealer then it doesn't make any difference while claiming whether you took the insurance from outside or from the dealer directly.
3. Car finance:
You can take it from outside as well. You need to go out and shop a bit with other banks. See who is giving you a better offer.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 17:48   #19
BHPian

Both cars are good in their own way, about 4 weeks back when my brother wanted to pick up a car, we choose the Vista, primaraly for the space inside and the price point. Vista feels and is way roomier than the Punto.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 18:40   #20
BHPian

Reliance guy told me that they have cashless tieup with malik cars (banjara hills, hyderabad). I got initial quote of 12.5k for Punto emotion. Can somebody confirm whether Reliance has cashless tieup with malik cars? If yes, then I'll go ahead finalize the insurance deal.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Your best bet is to ask Malik Cars. That's what I did when I was buying my car and was purchasing insurance from outside.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 15:49   #22
BHPian

You can only confirm this with the dealer from where you are planning to buy the car. Best thing to do is check with the dealer about the insurance company which they will be providing and go out and talk to that insurance company directly.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 16:11   #23
BHPian

I booked emotion pack.

Now, I have to hunt for car loan. Here are my options (provided by the dealer: Malik Cars).

1. SBH (state bank of hyderabad):
Rate of interest: 8% (1st Year), 10% (2nd, 3rd Year) and from 4th year market rate. (This is same as SBI).
No processing fees.
Stamp duty -- No idea (I didnt ask this).
2% pre-closure penalty.

2. HDFC
Rate of Interest: 10.5% (entire 5 years)
Processing fee: 3600/-
Stamp duty - 0.5% of loan amount
5% pre-closure penalty.

The agent told me that, I may have to visit the SBH branch one/two times. It may take around 3-4 Hrs. Where as, HDFC I dont have to visit their branches, everything will be done by him. (Looks like another ICICI sort of bank, whose service will be super-excellent during the loan processing period and never after that).

Any idea on how long does SBH takes to process their loan?
Any idea on whats the stamp duty at SBI or at any other bank? Any tips to get better deal at HDFC?

Thanks!
Old 31st August 2009, 22:21   #24
BHPian

Hi,

Go for SBH loan. I have recently taken loan from SBI for my Vista at same rates as mentioned by you. IT may take some more time than private banks but still it is worth it. Also i took loan from Mumbai and i found SBI staff at RACPC very helpful.

RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maven View Post
I booked emotion pack.

Now, I have to hunt for car loan. Here are my options (provided by the dealer: Malik Cars).

1. SBH (state bank of hyderabad):
Rate of interest: 8% (1st Year), 10% (2nd, 3rd Year) and from 4th year market rate. (This is same as SBI).
No processing fees.
Stamp duty -- No idea (I didnt ask this).
2% pre-closure penalty.

2. HDFC
Rate of Interest: 10.5% (entire 5 years)
Processing fee: 3600/-
Stamp duty - 0.5% of loan amount
5% pre-closure penalty.

The agent told me that, I may have to visit the SBH branch one/two times. It may take around 3-4 Hrs. Where as, HDFC I dont have to visit their branches, everything will be done by him. (Looks like another ICICI sort of bank, whose service will be super-excellent during the loan processing period and never after that).

Any idea on how long does SBH takes to process their loan?
Any idea on whats the stamp duty at SBI or at any other bank? Any tips to get better deal at HDFC?

Thanks!
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maven View Post
I talked to fiat salesman about getting discount on in-house insurance amount. He is not that co-operative. He said, they wont force the customer to purchase insurance from them. Customers can get insurance done from outside also and he wont give any discount in the insurance amount.
Can somebody give pointers/contacts whom I can contact to get better deal regarding this.

I will be taking this car through finance. Is it okay to apply for loan through the in-house finance team? Are there any precautions to be taken?

Thanks!
Buddy !! go for Bajaj Allianz for car insurance.

I own a Punto (as you can see from my signature) and I have already been involved in an accident. Bajaj Allianz processing of the claim was super smooth.

I have contacts in Bajaj Allianz. If you wish, PM me your number and I will ask them to get in touch with you. This is directly from the company : so you will get the best possible quote for maximum coverage. (since middlemen and commissions are eliminated)

Good luck with your car buying experience.

Amogh
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 16:21   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

congrats on the emotion Pack booking.

In your shoes it would have been either the vista Aura or straight away the puno emotion pack for me.

Vista aura would have scored over the puno emotion atleast for me without the pack. the Pack takes the car a segment higer inspite of smaller size.

Petrol vs disel calculations are required in both these cars due to the price differential
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 23:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

You should pay no more than 11.7-12 k for insurance on the car.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
You should pay no more than 11.7-12 k for insurance on the car.
I paid 13.5k. Details as follows

1. Coverage for 95% of ex-showroom price
2. Owner driver covered for 2.00 lacs
3. 4 co-passengers covered for 1 lac each
4. Paid driver covered for 50k
5. Third party damage : 7.5 lacs
6. Third person liability : unlimited
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 21:35   #29

I've booked a GP MJD Emotion and I have the same query. I am getting a corporate discount of 12K but the dealer says it won't impact the ex-showroom price on the invoice. However, I think i might be saving a bit of money if it does, considering the insurance and registration is a percentage of the showroom price.

Is this a standard practice with all dealerships for all cars?
infinitesadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 09:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesadness View Post
I've booked a GP MJD Emotion and I have the same query. I am getting a corporate discount of 12K but the dealer says it won't impact the ex-showroom price on the invoice. However, I think i might be saving a bit of money if it does, considering the insurance and registration is a percentage of the showroom price.

Is this a standard practice with all dealerships for all cars?
@infinitesadness - Perhaps you are right about the ins/registration being a % and I do know what the practice should be.

But I have recently booked the Punto MJD Emotion Pack and the corporate discount is subtracted from my down payment. So it is any solace, you are not alone :-)
aarenes is offline   Reply With Quote