Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 16th December 2010, 16:42   #31
Default Re: 2002 palio 1.6 GTX (or) 2006 Baleno (or) New palio stile 1.6 sports (or) Ford fus

Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Mr Bean how about a used swift?Its gonna be having almost same performance like the baleno and the front seats have amazing comfort too.
Actually swift seems a good choice, but only a new one for sure. The Zxi is way over my budget & I am not keen on taking a loan. The baleno does have good thigh support for highway drives but in city it gets problematic due to is low slungness and constant clutch usage.

Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Yes, you need an Automatic.

Go for a new car, you will have at least three years of trouble free ownership. The choice narrows down to either A Star or i10 auto.
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Why not a A-Star Auto? Easier in traffic and no more knee pains?
With 2010 coming to an end, you may get a very good deal.
auto is the way to go, but the waiting time is too much. I test drove the zxi, it had a good seating & a lighter clutch. My mind is all set to book the
a-star zxi, I have been offered a discount of 50k here in Chennai on few readily available colors.
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 17:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: 2002 palio 1.6 GTX (or) 2006 Baleno (or) New palio stile 1.6 sports (or) Ford fus

If the limited boot-space and rear-space are not issues for you, the A-Star is a good bet. Fully loaded with airbags, ABS, seat-height adjuster, etc etc.

However, since your problem with the Baleno is knee pain (due to clutch usage), how is the A-Star MT going to help rid of it ? I think you need an AT car. What is the delivery period quoted in Chennai for A*-AT ? i-10 AT is the other option.

The A*-AT is a breeze to drive - really enjoyed the clutch-less driving.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote