Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 4th November 2009, 13:37   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I am very unsure of the mileage figures that you have considered. Its almost impossible to get those kind of figures on Bangalore roads.
The biggest advantage of getting a diesel is not only savings. Going by my experience I have started driving much more than I used to earlier. In fact I never dared to take my car to off daily. However since the past odd year I have not only been driving to office daily but my outstation trips have also increased.
Also the torque offered by diesels make driving much easier, this is of course my thought & many might disagree (lets not start a debate)
I had also zeroed down on the Swift petrol LY till I drove the Indica Vista Quadrajet & instantaneously changed my mind.

VictorSinha - Please TD the Vista. I had similar requirements as yours & as far as hatch backs are concerned, the Vista offers you the best combination of a rear bench & very good mileage. I have consistently got 16+ avg in my Vista (13.5K km on Odo). If possible go to Concorde Motors. I have had a good experience with their Mumbai branch.
All the best with your hunt....

Yes the FE is hard but achievable.

And yes I am planning to take a look at Vista this weekend. The base model of that quadrajet engined Vista is priced at 4.57L ex showroom.....Let me check it and I will keep you all posted.
VictorSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 13:38   #62
BHPian

Looking at your 'space' requirements, I'd say, go for the Getz or the UVa.

In no other car being discussed, will 3 ppl be as comfortable at the back ( & the fourth one will definately have to go into the boot )

The only exception will be the Vista, but I think you will appreciate Getz more here.

Ever thought about a used car ?
You'd get far better options for the money.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 13:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Looking at your 'space' requirements, I'd say, go for the Getz or the UVa.

In no other car being discussed, will 3 ppl be as comfortable at the back ( & the fourth one will definately have to go into the boot )

The only exception will be the Vista, but I think you will appreciate Getz more here.

Ever thought about a used car ?
You'd get far better options for the money.

Yes I am looking at used cars too......My choice is Swift LDi ...but the used car market is very heavily priced(read biased) in Bangalore.

2007 Swift Ldi - the dealers are asking 4.75L + 2%
2007 Swift Vdi - The dealer is asking 5.05L + 2%

If I go for second hand cars I will go for Diesel...for sure...And this limits my choice only to Swift.(I guess)
Old 4th November 2009, 14:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
Yes I am looking at used cars too......My choice is Swift LDi ...but the used car market is very heavily priced(read biased) in Bangalore.

If I go for second hand cars I will go for Diesel...for sure...And this limits my choice only to Swift.(I guess)
Not quite true. You have the getz Diesel 1.5. I guess all would agree that getz is a worthy mention.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 14:22   #65
BHPian

^^
Absolutely. Getz CRDi - Far better but difficult to find in the used market.

Btw, if you are okay going the used car route, why not think Sedans too ? Any reason to stick to a hatch.

M talking a good condition used NHC or even a Corolla at close to 5L.

Last edited by jigbarai : 4th November 2009 at 14:26.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Don't buy a used car putting in so much of your hard earned money. Frankly its not worth it. 5L for a used hatchback, its not worth it.

These true value dealers of maruti really jack up the prices of maruti vehicles and inflate it hugely, particularly in Bangalore. Its a big game plan by Maruti/True Value Dealers. Maruti dealer would give a decent exchange value for your existing Maruti vehicle saying its loyalty for a newer vehicle so the customer is happy. And at the same time they make good money selling the old vehicle to another unsuspecting customer who falls for True Value vehicles by paying almost 60k to 70k more saying they will refurbish lot of parts.

Bottom line at the end Maruti retains a customer, new true value customer gets a rattling vehicle paying so much, and a 1 year warranty gives some peace of mind.And maybe after few more years same true value customer comes back to true value and plans to exchange with a new one.
Look at it this way a vehicle will undergo owner changes from 1 to 2 to 3 or more, and the same time Maruti/Dealer makes lot more money buying/selling the same car. So per car profit for dealer/ maruti is always more.

Instead choose a second hand car such that it has already lost initial depreciation and you can get it cheaply and save money upfront.
samsan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 14:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Not quite true. You have the getz Diesel 1.5. I guess all would agree that getz is a worthy mention.
Yes I forgot Getz 1.5 is definitely an option. But I am unable to find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
^^
Absolutely. Getz CRDi - Far better but difficult to find in the used market.

Btw, if you are okay going the used car route, why not think Sedans too ? Any reason to stick to a hatch.

M talking a good condition used NHC or even a Corolla at close to 5L.
Not looking at sedans as I dont want to have a bigger car than my manager :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Don't buy a used car putting in so much of your hard earned money. Frankly its not worth it. 5L for a used hatchback, its not worth it.

These true value dealers of maruti really jack up the prices of maruti vehicles and inflate it hugely, particularly in Bangalore. Its a big game plan by Maruti/True Value Dealers. Maruti dealer would give a decent exchange value for your existing Maruti vehicle saying its loyalty for a newer vehicle so the customer is happy. And at the same time they make good money selling the old vehicle to another unsuspecting customer who falls for True Value vehicles by paying almost 60k to 70k more saying they will refurbish lot of parts.

Bottom line at the end Maruti retains a customer, new true value customer gets a rattling vehicle paying so much, and a 1 year warranty gives some peace of mind.And maybe after few more years same true value customer comes back to true value and plans to exchange with a new one.
Look at it this way a vehicle will undergo owner changes from 1 to 2 to 3 or more, and the same time Maruti/Dealer makes lot more money buying/selling the same car. So per car profit for dealer/ maruti is always more.

Instead choose a second hand car such that it has already lost initial depreciation and you can get it cheaply and save money upfront.
Yes I absolutely agree. Spending 5L that also for a 2 yrs old car is unreasonable. So I am strictly out of that deal.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go

All on road prices and before discounts and all and all in Bangalore and FE in CIty

i10 iRIDE - 14 KMPL
Era - 415000
Magna - 440000

i10 KAPPA - 12.5 KMPL

Sportz - 502xxx
Astra - 566xxx

Ritz Petrol - 15 KMPL
Ritz Lxi - 460xxx
Ritz Vxi - 495xxx
Ritz Vxi with ABS - 525xxx
Ritz Zxi - 568xxx

Getz 1.3 - 13 KMPL - I forgot the price tag
Getz 1.1 - 14 KMPL - I forgot the price tag
Those figures look a tad high.

Based on what i could gather here are the FE figures:

FE in CIty with 100% AC

i10 iRIDE ~ 12.5 kmpl

i10 KAPPA ~ 10.5-11 KMPL

Ritz Petrol ~12.5 KMPL

Getz 1.3 ~ 10.5-11 kmpl

Getz 1.1 ~ 12 -12.5 kmpl

Last edited by DCEite : 4th November 2009 at 14:46.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 14:52   #69
BHPian

I am in the same dilemma of Ritz Zxi vs i10 Asta. I feel, feature wise Ritz is very much ahead of i10 whereas there are lot of discounts in i10 and ZERO for Ritz.

For same price before discounts - you get 14" tires + alloys, steering mounted audio controls, height adjustable driver seat, 60:40 rear foldable seats in Ritz. FE is also in favor of Ritz.

My only concern going for Ritz is the Maruti's build quality (rather lack of it) and the dull paint job. All the colors in Ritz look so bright in the brochures and so dull in flesh. I have seen so many i10s shining bright even after 1 year usage, but I am not sure if I can say that for a Ritz. What I have noticed for Maruti cars is, the outer body is so thin that you get lot of smallish dents and the surface doesn't seem even after sometime. This is not the case with Hyundais.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 15:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Gandhi,
when you are ready to spend so much for i10 Asta/Ritz Zxi with Airbags,Abs, etc. Why dont you go for a bigger Punto/i20.

I feel i10 magna/sportz makes more sense than Asta with airbags/abs. Same in Ritz vxi will be more VFM, compared to Zxi.
I have already stretched my budget to go for Ritz or i10. ABS and Airbags are must for me. Any model with ABS and airbags is always more VFM for me as these things are life savers when needed. No compromise on that front.

Punto 1.4 Emotion+ is 1 lakh more and i20 Asta is 1.5 lakhs more. I can't afford. Most of the time it will be me and my wife in the car so only front seat comfort is important.

BTW, I found Ritz to be much more spacious than Swift.

Last edited by Gandhi : 4th November 2009 at 15:32.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 21:55   #71
BHPian

I'm an owner of a 8 yr old GTX for 1 year now. I can say I don't have any problems with service, inspite of being a discontinued model. Still the service centre have all mechanical spare parts. The problem comes when it is the non-mechanical parts, like the A/C grill, Radiator grill, the FIAT/GTX badges, etc. Will finally get it after some waiting period.

I'm saying this because I have changed quite a lot of parts from the Fiat service centre starting from Power steering assembly to suspensions .

And it is also fair to say the service will be good from someone who desparately want to improve their after sales image unlike the other companies which already have. As a member of the Palio User Group I come across lot of users sharing their good service experiences with FIAT.

Maybe it is the city which you are from which decides it. Pune doesn't have problems with FIAT
nim_peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 13:40   #72
BHPian

Guys another car I am planning to check is - Palio Stile 1.6 SDX / SDE

It will overshoot the budget by a 30K-40K...but I think that can be arranged....Also I enquired that here also I am having a total discount of 27K.

I read many threads but never got about the fuel economy of 1.3 SDX / SDE....can anyone tell me ?

Thanks again.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:13   #73
BHPian

Hello friends...posting again after a break...

Almost finilized on Indica Vista QJet Aura model from Concorde Bangalore.

What is bugging me is the HU of the car. I didn't liked the Clarion setup.
The dealer guys confirmed me that the new Vista Aura is coming with Blaupunkt HU - The same one of GP or Linea or Vista Anniversary Edition - with Blue & Me technology. Can anyone confirm this ?

Also as the Anniversary Edition is still available at 40K premium on road. Is that worth ? Specially I didn't liked the dark tan interiors.

What do you guys say ?
Old 19th November 2009, 10:01   #74
BHPian

^^
Yes - to the anniversary edition. You'r getting much more value for the additional 40k. The car stands out.
Old 19th November 2009, 22:51   #75
BHPian

Default New Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura

Some features improved.

I just took a test drive today and these are the improved features at the same price....

The new features

1. Blaupankt CD Player(without Blue and Me connection). Due to this HU the central dash has a neat look now. The new HU sounds better but still it is an OE. So I dont expect very high from it.

2. Better AC. Yes the sales guy acknowledged that the old AC did had some complaints, but these are all fixed in the new model which goes on sale from December - What I felt it is better but still not extremely good. Now you an live with it. Temparature was 34 C outside while inside console showed 18 C. Which I must say is good cooling at fan speed 2 with heavy sunshine at 12 in the noon. But I felt there is definitely something to improve in the AC.

3. Smoother gearbox - What I felt the gearshift is now more refinied, but there is some dis-balance of power I feel. Maybe the problem of the test car. While acceleraing I felt that the car running out of breath sometimes or the turbo not kicking in properly. I guess this is because of the heavly used test car(whose ODO always shows ZERO )

These are the features I noted. Maybe there are some more. I didn't had the time to ask all. Can some expert confirm on the new features ?