Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 24th October 2009, 16:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ Arnab: Like everyone else I would suggest going for the Punto 1.2 Active.

Or if you cannot stretch your budget till the Punto, why not buy the Palio 1.6 Sports if you want a fun to drive vehicle.

I also have a Uno 1.2ELX and Palio 1.2 EL. The Uno is much more fun to drive than the Palio 1.2. So if you definitely want the Palio go for 1.6, else look at Punto 1.2
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 19:31   #17
sb1

Hi Arnab,

I would definitely suggest you go for i10. Though I do not have any doubts that Punto is a awesome car. But the most important thing that you got to consider after buying a car worth 5-5.5 lakhs is the after sales service.

Tata is definitely a no no, they got to go miles before they can reach a level of the Marutis and Hyundais.Incase you feel safe with Tata , i would also suggest u have a look at Vista Quadrajet an awesome car.

But i10 wins hands down, besos of looks, performance,***. I drive a i10 Era , it gives some great mileage of 12.5 KM/L on 100 % AC and 15 KM/L on 100 % AC on high ways. I speacially choose IRDE engine becos of my mileage requirements, Kappa does have tad less mileage,as has been stated by many esteemed BHPians.

Happy Driving... I hope I was able to add some value.
sb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 21:40   #18
BHPian

^^^^

Dude, I own a Punto and I'm completely satisfied with T.A.S.S. They are courteous, keep you informed, carry out their jobs well and once finished they call you back for your feedback on how the job was performed. I would say T.A.S.S is definitely catching up with the best in the industry.

I'm not going to get into calculations, practically speaking GP 1.2 would be the right choice, but if your budget restricts, then it should be i10, no point in considering palio which with its new - looks looks totally outdated.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 22:17   #19
BHPian

I would also suggest that you wait for the "New" Palio. However, if time is a constraint, go for the i10. If resale value of the car is important to you, then Palio is a strict no-no.

BTW, I test Drove Stile 1.1 about 2 years ago(When I was in the market for a new car) and did not find it under-powered. I loved the car but resale value was important to me back then and hence did not opt for the stile.

But, if I were you, I will definitely check out Punto 1.2 Active.
Klever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 22:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Arnab - I strongly suggest that you should go for the i10.

Reasons:
* Better looking interiors and exteriors, the palio looks old and outdated(no offense to palio owners)
* Hyundai after sales service
* Better fuel efficiency
* Better resale value

OR if you can increase your budget then you should also consider the Punto 1.2 Active.
Cheers,
Parth
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 22:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Please realize the power to weight ratio of the i10 1.2 and its interiors is simply brilliant! BUT if you love Fiat - then read below!

Also please realize that for a guy who buys petrol - 15k km service intervals mean you t need to visit them only ONCE a year.

For a diesel head like me - the palio meant four times a year. And Scum like dhingra are best avoided. Else I'd be driving a Palio diesel myself.

Ergo, the punto if you love the brand.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 00:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have this feeling that this is soon going to turn into a FIAT vs others slinging match
Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 00:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Following your heart is one thing I always advocate when it comes to cars. Honestly, modern cars are all more than capable of doing the job. Comparing stats and impressions of these two cars will rarely be conclusive. But if your heart's set on a Fiat, you will definitely regret afterwards if you buy a Hyundai.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 18:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Following your heart is one thing I always advocate when it comes to cars. Honestly, modern cars are all more than capable of doing the job. Comparing stats and impressions of these two cars will rarely be conclusive. But if your heart's set on a Fiat, you will definitely regret afterwards if you buy a Hyundai.

Completely agree with MR. If its a car go with what your heart says.

Mind you if you are buying the car for pure business, then decide with your head.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 18:43   #25
BHPian

Arnab,

This was a dilemma that I solved for my cousin recently. I would suggest you to go for the Punto Active without a second thought.. Absolutely gorgeous on the looks departement and infact with a peppy engine and good mileage (city -14kmpl) this is the pick of the petrol Puntos. You get a great build quality, unbeatable suspensions and drive stabilty on the punto. Active it is for you , my dear friend.
rganeshiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 10:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Arnab
It would be good if you could also tell
Who will be using it mostly, you or anyone else in the family
whats your max budget
whats your need- fun to drive, family car
city and highway driving percentage
whats the most imp 4-5 factors you are looking at( like resale, service etc)
On the face of it- Palio is just on its way out and hardly any sales. You will be taking a certain risk as its re-sale is almost nothing. However it is still a good car.
I am buying an i-10- reason? Its the best overall package under 5 lacs
Great Resale
Great Service
Good build and quality
Great Interiors
Decent mileage
V good engine
Did not find anything negative except bouncy ride and slightly over priced( by about 30-40K) which the insurance and other discounts are making up for now.

Hi MKH

To answer the queries:
1) It will be a self driven car.
2) Mx budget is around Rs 4.7 lacs.
3) Looking for a mix of both.
4) City 60%, Highway 40%. Love long spins and take out the car whenever possible.
5) Looking for good service. Re-sale not really too worried as plan to keep the car for atleast 3+ years.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 10:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
arnab, there is a confirmed news that Fiat is going to refresh the looks of Palio within the next 3 months.
Its expected to be good. Do look itnto this matter also

Hi Motorspirit

Was actually waiting for this piece of news as I too had heard of this.

moreover, also happened to see a couple of Fiat Uno Spy snaps on the net.
Is that being launched anytime soon??
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:36   #28
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Hi MKH

To answer the queries:
1) It will be a self driven car.
2) Mx budget is around Rs 4.7 lacs.
3) Looking for a mix of both.
4) City 60%, Highway 40%. Love long spins and take out the car whenever possible.
5) Looking for good service. Re-sale not really too worried as plan to keep the car for atleast 3+ years.
i10 Magna 1.2 is a better choice as per me.( and i am not saying this because i have been with hyundai for almost all cars)
5- service, fiat cannot match hyundai
on all other deparments i-10 matches punto except maybe the highway drive for which a tire upgrade and rims upgrade would work for you and you will be within 4.7 lacs...also the boot is smaller in i-10..
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

The choice should be between Punto & i10. Forget Pailo, though you may save few bucks, that would kill in resale value.

To put it straight:
Petrol: i10 is the clear winner.
Diesel: Then Punto,no way.

The choice is your.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 26th October 2009 at 11:42.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Go for the i10 over the Palio.

If you want to stick with the FIAT brand then I'd say get the Punto.

No Idea about a New UNO !
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote