Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 9th December 2009, 10:18   #106
Senior - BHPian

"Rastapopoulos" dude where is the report and what happened to TD of i10. Did your family members like it. DID the TD happen
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
The difference in mileage (if thats your question) won't be that much. In fact the company claims that the kappa gives more mileage than the irde due to the newer, lighter engine but in reality its not so.

It is the drive which makes a difference because some people find the irde engine to be more peppy and responsive (ala santro) than the kappa which is more sedate comparatively.

The irde though lacks the power on the highways whereas the kappa's 1.2 engine does not. The real power of the Kappa gets unleashed only at higher speeds. I think her sweet spot lies at around 80 KMPH where she just drives nope just glides like a model.

But all said, for a little more you get the new Kappa engine and if you and your users are like me --who don't like to fire off the starting block like a rocket and prefer a more sedate start-- you would find the Kappa to be good enough.

I TD-ed both the irde and the kappa before I bought mine but to be honest I just let my heart take a decision and so I went for the newer Kappa.

But more experienced people might feel the difference to be substantial. so its upto you to decide -- just make sure that you take both of them out for a spin.

waiting for your results.
Thats really a Valuable suggestion for me- My perception was that 12. would be more peppy overall. You do understand that a Quick Rocket launch is not what we are looking for.
I just took a 1.2 Kappa drive yesterday. It was kinda good. I will surely try to take a TD of both the engines further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
"Rastapopoulos" dude where is the report and what happened to TD of i10. Did your family members like it. DID the TD happen
Yes the TD happened. Everyone was good with the car. The only concern was they evaluated my existing M800 pretty low (as per my parents). I do agree that its a bit lower than what they should offer.

My next course of Action is to check other Hyundai dealers on what deal they can offer and also take a TD for 1.1 and 1.2 again so to understand the difference.
also check once again on the Punto TD.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 12:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

fantastic, So i can smell one more i10 on the block
Old 9th December 2009, 12:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
fantastic, So i can smell one more i10 on the block
I too smell the same ha ha
I dont think I mentioned this - I have 3 i10's which are immidiate neighbours to my car park. (1 red and 2 greys).
Then there is a sexy bue one on the other side. So total 4 i10's already in my building that I know of.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:55   #110
Senior - BHPian

Do check out the Chevy Beat too. It's due to be launched in the first week of Jan. Going by GTO's testdrive, its supposed to be A VFM car with good mileage (ARAI figures even better than the Ritz -beat that!). Heck the base version starts at 3.8L ex showroom which is comparable to the i10 1.1 Era.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 13:46   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Do check out the Chevy Beat too. It's due to be launched in the first week of Jan. Going by GTO's testdrive, its supposed to be A VFM car with good mileage (ARAI figures even better than the Ritz -beat that!). Heck the base version starts at 3.8L ex showroom which is comparable to the i10 1.1 Era.
I just read the Beat review by GTO today morning - the only thing which ran through my mind was its good but the issue about the A.S.S still prevails. I am also not sure if the wierd rear doors might have some unknown issues which we will discover later.
Old 9th December 2009, 13:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

Man i feel by the time you finish selecting the car this thread would have completed more than 20 pages. The amount of response, information and the choices of cars are amazing. keep posting dude about your TD and things
Old 9th December 2009, 15:09   #113
BHPian

Hi Ras,
IMHO, never go for a car that is about to be launched, or just launched. Its only over a period of 6 months does anyone know how the car behaves. All new cars get better reviews as it is fresh and runs on a new engine. Cars start to behave better /good after the running in period. So look for ones that are atleast 6 months in the market or wait for 6 months to see how the GM Beat prevails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I just read the Beat review by GTO today morning - the only thing which ran through my mind was its good but the issue about the A.S.S still prevails. I am also not sure if the wierd rear doors might have some unknown issues which we will discover later.
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 15:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi Ras,
IMHO, never go for a car that is about to be launched, or just launched. Its only over a period of 6 months does anyone know how the car behaves. All new cars get better reviews as it is fresh and runs on a new engine. Cars start to behave better /good after the running in period. So look for ones that are atleast 6 months in the market or wait for 6 months to see how the GM Beat prevails.

Bang on my thoughts. I feel the same for the Ford Figo.
My thoughts on Beat/Figo
  • Even if the car is to be launched early next year when would I have it delivered?
  • Since its a new car would I get any discounts/offers?
  • Defects identified over the initial days would be a part of the initial purchased cars.
  • Ford is famous for costly parts though they are claiming now to be having maintainance cheaper than Maruti while Chevrolet's A.S.S in pune is still a concern for me.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Man you are again getting into confusion. I am LOL .Not intended to pull your legs
Old 9th December 2009, 15:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rastapopoulos, not sure how I missed this thread. So here you are, zipping around in a Fiesta, and your parents and wife have to settle for a humble hatch!? Get them a Fiesta as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Bang on my thoughts. I feel the same for the Ford Figo.
My thoughts on Beat/Figo
  • Even if the car is to be launched early next year when would I have it delivered?
Figo launch is in March. Informal bookings are on. You should probably put in 20K now if you want one in March.
Quote:
  • Since its a new car would I get any discounts/offers?
You may get a 'launch offer'. There will probably be a price hike within 3 months.
Quote:
  • Defects identified over the initial days would be a part of the initial purchased cars.
Possible. But that's why you have warranties.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 12:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Hey Rastapopoulos, not sure how I missed this thread. So here you are, zipping around in a Fiesta, and your parents and wife have to settle for a humble hatch!? Get them a Fiesta as well!
I wish I can hide this reply so that they never ever get to see such kind of recomendations.
On a serious note my mom (who would be driving the car most of the times) is looking for a small car. Something like a spark or 800. I think makes sense as she would be largely doing city driving.
I dont think i10 or the other options are to huge and its just a matter of few days of driving when she realizes its better than what she is driving now.

Quote:
Figo launch is in March. Informal bookings are on. You should probably put in 20K now if you want one in March.
You may get a 'launch offer'. There will probably be a price hike within 3 months.
My heart is on for a Ford - and you know the exact reason for this. But when I think logically I know that waiting till march or april (based on when I actually get one delivered) means - no test drive for users, no idea on actual price, no assurance on launch offers or discounts, depreciation in exchange car price.

Probably I know what should be a logical step now- I am just not ready to accept it because of the ford car I drive every day

Quote:
Possible. But that's why you have warranties.
I agree Warrenties will cover the cost. But what about the visits to service center across to the other side of the city to get things fixed.
Does one have the time and patience these days. I might not have to pay money but I might end up losing time and mental peace for very small issues. (not that I am saying Figo would have major flaws)

I have called an evaluater from Kothari Hyundai today to evaluate my car for exchange. Lets see what he has to offer.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:47   #118
BHPian

@Rastapopoulos when are you planning to buy. Are you thinking of buying before the price hike or ready to wait for couple of months, in that case you can check out the new Alto with K-series engine by early next year.
Mr.Bangalore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 14:54   #119
BHPian

[FONT=Arial]I feel that if you are not in a desperate hurry then its worth the wait for couple of months, by that time Beat , Vw Polo, Ford Figo & possibly new engines for swift & Alto might be out.

All these cars looks promising and certainly worth waiting if you can.[/FONT]
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 15:44   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
@Rastapopoulos when are you planning to buy. Are you thinking of buying before the price hike or ready to wait for couple of months, in that case you can check out the new Alto with K-series engine by early next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
[FONT=Arial]I feel that if you are not in a desperate hurry then its worth the wait for couple of months, by that time Beat , Vw Polo, Ford Figo & possibly new engines for swift & Alto might be out. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]All these cars looks promising and certainly worth waiting if you can.[/FONT]

I am in no real rush. the only factors which I think which will affect delay is.
  • Deppreciation of the existing vehical for exchange
  • Lose on the available year end discounts
This might impact by 50K over all as per me.