Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 29th January 2010, 23:04   #46
Team-BHP Support

If its city drive then either WagonR or Santro will work. If its highway then go for safety and stability of a Ritz.

i-10 gives you the option of a good A/T but has a lower H-point that may not work for you
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
1. Santro Xing - Cramped and my knees keep hitting the door and the gear console
what changed since then?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 23:14   #47

I drove one with out power windows, and that gives me 2-3'' room for my right knee
rrnsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:16   #48
Default Hatchback - 6.5lakh - Driver height 6'1!! :)

My brother is 6'1 and we were looking for a hatchback with a budget of 6.5lacs (onroad!). His daily commute is around 40kms a day for work and he is sure to have the weekly drives. He is going to have 4 in his car on most family outings. This is his first car.

We spent the last saturday driving the following cars :
1. Ritz VDI - Extremely peppy drive. Poor leg room at the rear once he adjusts the seat for his driving position. But he wasnt very comfy. And the car was low on features. ABS was optional and no airbags. The ZXI for the same price seems a steal tho since its fully loaded but wasnt so fun to drive since we took a drive in the VDI first.
2. I20 Kappa - He felt completely at home. Loads of space, steering adjusts for height and rake, driver seat adjustable for height as well. Of course tons of other (safety) features in the Asta.
3. Manza - Well we took a test drive simply to know if it lives up to the billing. Sadly, it didnt. Tacky and rough. Loads of space but not a drivers car.
4. Punto MJD - Loaded. Poor leg room at the rear once he adjusts the seat for his driving position. Looks like the tata motors folks screw up test drive puntos on purpose! The gear shift just wouldnt slot!! Interiors were all black giving a cramped feeling. Nicely built though but plastics not as great as I20. And no amount of adjustments could give him the right driving position. Guess we need to take another test drive with a diff dealer in a diff car.

Any other options that can be considered? Petrol or diesel?
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

@Nilesh:: In this price range if you are happy with i20 then better go with that only. There are loads of reviews in the forum sections which you can search and get first hand info.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote