Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 13:31   #1
Default Need a Hatchback - i20, Ritz, GP or i10?

Hi Friends,

It's time for me to step into Hatchback market with guidance/advice/valuable feedbacks from you all. I am looking for a petrol hatchback that is priced within 5 lakhs (ex-showroom) and with the below listed features. This would be my first car and i am preferring a petrol hatch as my monthly running doesn't exceed 1k kms with 80 % city driving and 20 % occasional long trips. I will be keeping this car for 5yrs for sure and hence service backup/low maintenance cost plays a vital role in my selection.

- Muscular design / good looking, good interior/exteriors, build quality and design, ride & handling, good cabin space (front & rear) with good seats that can accomodate 5 people comfortably, ABS + Airbag (optional), Effective AC, moderate boot space, good FE, ground clearance, quiet engine with sufficient power to pick up 5 on board and a VFM. Comfortable ride within city and on highways.

I am 6'1" and the hatch should be one that can have easy passage for me to get in and get out with comfort.

I have shortlisted Hyundai i20 Magna, Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi, Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic and i10 Asta or sportz.

I have TD i20, i10 and Punto out of which i feel i20 and i10 to be more spacious (front & rear), gear shifts are smooth/short compared to Punto dynamic. No question on ride/handling aspect of Punto but legroom seems to be cramped with shortage of rear space.
I will TD Ritz this weekend before taking a final decision. Hence, would appreciate if you all can help in shortlisting my first dream hatchback.

Thank you all

Old 13th January 2010, 13:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Put in the Indica Vista if space is a priority - can't beat the more-car-per-car in terms of space.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note:

Lots of information on all the above car is already published on innumerable threads. Please search and use the exiting thread(s) for your query. Thanks.
Closed Thread