Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 01:40   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
aparth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 614 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I have a feel like it would definitely be better than Fabia. Just give a try on Polo 1.2 anyway.
I agree. No harm in going for a TD. Who knows, it might be better than the Fabia?
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 07:59   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Sbraj, I sincerely hope you haven't taken offense to anything that I've said. It's just my opinion and I respect your opinion and give it the same amount of weightage as I give mine!
No, not at all. I respect the opinions expressed by you and mkh. Every buyer has a right of choice, my statements were an attempt to see things from a different perspective.

BTW, I personally own a Getz. You could call it a premium hatch, bought long before Swift was launched. People scorned at my decision, saying it was not value for money. But man, has it given me value. Taken me to lots of places, never bothered me and I never felt that the vehicle is not a part of me. It is an extension of me.

So, decide what YOU want. And not what others want you to buy (including me ). To each, his own.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 08:46   #153
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
No, not at all. I respect the opinions expressed by you and mkh. Every buyer has a right of choice, my statements were an attempt to see things from a different perspective.

BTW, I personally own a Getz. You could call it a premium hatch, bought long before Swift was launched. People scorned at my decision, saying it was not value for money. But man, has it given me value. Taken me to lots of places, never bothered me and I never felt that the vehicle is not a part of me. It is an extension of me.

So, decide what YOU want. And not what others want you to buy (including me ). To each, his own.
Value is in the eye of the beholder!
What Getz is to you is Fusion to me !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 22:52   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

So is it the Jazz finally?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 23:10   #155
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I have a feel like it would definitely be better than Fabia. Just give a try on Polo 1.2 anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
So is it the Jazz finally?
Yup! It is! Had a short discussion with my parents today and they've decided on the Jazz. We're going to finalize the booking and all the formalities this week. The colour would be Deep Sapphire Blue. We've opted for a the 'Active' kit that includes: Aluminum sports pedals, tail-gate spoiler, side-step garnish front and rear, interior panel visor meter and outlet ring with silver finish, front grill and fog lamps. We've also opted for 15" V-Spoke Enkei wheels that are an optional extra on the City and the Jazz.

I hate the front grill that comes with the 'Active' package and so do my parents. They look like braces(!) so we've decided to give that a skip. The standard honey-comb grill looks great IMO! Also, I would have liked wider tyres (195 sections) but my dad thinks otherwise. Apparently, it the difference would be negligible since it would be used only inside the City.

Watch this space for more updates!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2010 at 23:13.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 00:06   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
aparth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 614 Times
Default

Great choice brother! The V spoke Enkei rims look classy IMO.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 06:36   #157
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yup! It is! Had a short discussion with my parents today and they've decided on the Jazz. We're going to finalize the booking and all the formalities this week. The colour would be Deep Sapphire Blue. We've opted for a the 'Active' kit that includes: Aluminum sports pedals, tail-gate spoiler, side-step garnish front and rear, interior panel visor meter and outlet ring with silver finish, front grill and fog lamps. We've also opted for 15" V-Spoke Enkei wheels that are an optional extra on the City and the Jazz.

I hate the front grill that comes with the 'Active' package and so do my parents. They look like braces(!) so we've decided to give that a skip. The standard honey-comb grill looks great IMO! Also, I would have liked wider tyres (195 sections) but my dad thinks otherwise. Apparently, it the difference would be negligible since it would be used only inside the City.

Watch this space for more updates!

Suhaas, man I kind of the new there and then that you will not budge from the Jazz . Because I realized the Polo/Figo would not dislodge the Jazz from its territory. They are built for masses and Jazz is built for exclusivity ! Although a CVT version on Jazz would be the most desirable.

I only suspected, if ever you change your decision it can only be i20 and nothing else.

Anyway I would have done the same (in fact I would not have even waited for the others!) Congrats and let us know about the rest of the experience. I am now told that due to other players (dealers), Whitefield Honda has toned down his arrogance and is acting much better.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:31   #158
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Great choice brother! The V spoke Enkei rims look classy IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Suhaas, man I kind of the new there and then that you will not budge from the Jazz . Because I realized the Polo/Figo would not dislodge the Jazz from its territory. They are built for masses and Jazz is built for exclusivity ! Although a CVT version on Jazz would be the most desirable.

I only suspected, if ever you change your decision it can only be i20 and nothing else.

Anyway I would have done the same (in fact I would not have even waited for the others!) Congrats and let us know about the rest of the experience. I am now told that due to other players (dealers), Whitefield Honda has toned down his arrogance and is acting much better.
Thank you guys,

Yes it was sort of an easy decision for us in some ways. Not including the Figo and the i20 in the list made it somewhat easier I believe. The only real competition for the Jazz was the Punto, the Polo and the Fabia. The Skoda and the VW were not considered after the test drive of the former. So it was a tight one between the Punto and the Jazz, and the Honda had the slight edge in terms of A.S. & S.

Thank you all for your support and patience! Your suggestions and advice has helped us immensely! I'd also like to thank T-BHP for giving me the all important platform as well!

I'll see if I can organize a small meet for the Bangalore boys when our new car comes home. I'd like to throw a small treat for you'll!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:08   #159
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do note that you will never the Jazz kind of backseat comfort.
? you meant it Jazz sits occupants in better comfort? Reviews from Jazz owner at Team-Bhp says the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I have a feeling that VW won't introduce the 1.6. They are just getting our hopes high :(
As per GTO's review/report, this will take time. IMHO, wait till June-July ( 6months from the day Polo hit roads) if you want Polo. We will know how good it is on long run by then.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:18   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

So, finally. Congrats and applause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thank you guys,

...
Thank you all for your support and patience! Your suggestions and advice has helped us immensely! I'd also like to thank T-BHP for giving me the all important platform as well!
suhaas307, Polo and other new entrants would mean that Honda SHOULD give you considerable discount plus freebies. Use Honda's competition for your advantage. Present a picture to the Honda sales guys that you are considering Polo and i20. That would make them sit up and take notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I only suspected, if ever you change your decision it can only be i20 and nothing else.

...

Congrats and let us know about the rest of the experience. I am now told that due to other players (dealers), Whitefield Honda has toned down his arrogance and is acting much better.
Yes, I tried my best to get him TD the i20, but ...

ampere, What is the story with Whitefield Honda? I have heard that Dakshin Honda asked for 50K non-refundable deposit for a CRV test drive.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 10:54   #161
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
No, not at all. I respect the opinions expressed by you and mkh. Every buyer has a right of choice, my statements were an attempt to see things from a different perspective.

BTW, I personally own a Getz. You could call it a premium hatch, bought long before Swift was launched. People scorned at my decision, saying it was not value for money. But man, has it given me value. Taken me to lots of places, never bothered me and I never felt that the vehicle is not a part of me. It is an extension of me.

So, decide what YOU want. And not what others want you to buy (including me ). To each, his own.
V rightly said- in fact i am one who feels that the getz was a fantastic car and sold much much less than its merit, only because it was a little ahead of its time and 50K more than what people could digest. It got killed cause of the swift which came later but was better in many people's eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thank you guys,

Yes it was sort of an easy decision for us in some ways. Not including the Figo and the i20 in the list made it somewhat easier I believe. The only real competition for the Jazz was the Punto, the Polo and the Fabia. The Skoda and the VW were not considered after the test drive of the former. So it was a tight one between the Punto and the Jazz, and the Honda had the slight edge in terms of A.S. & S.

Thank you all for your support and patience! Your suggestions and advice has helped us immensely! I'd also like to thank T-BHP for giving me the all important platform as well!

I'll see if I can organize a small meet for the Bangalore boys when our new car comes home. I'd like to throw a small treat for you'll!
That's great man- all i want is a TD and a feel of the car, have not taken one as never wanted to buy, but want to know, what is all that "jazz" about really
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:26   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Moral of the story: If you're looking for a new hatch and price is no bar, go for the most expensive one!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:21   #163
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Moral of the story: If you're looking for a new hatch and price is no bar, go for the most expensive one!
Price always brings quality, little cases to the contrary so surely if one can afford go with the one which costs the most! Hardly seen any exceptions to this case in any purchase in fact. If i needed a hatch and only a hatch and could pay 8 lacs, i would go and buy i20/jazz too( diesel/petrol)
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:57   #164
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
So, finally. Congrats and applause.


suhaas307, Polo and other new entrants would mean that Honda SHOULD give you considerable discount plus freebies. Use Honda's competition for your advantage. Present a picture to the Honda sales guys that you are considering Polo and i20. That would make them sit up and take notice.


Yes, I tried my best to get him TD the i20, but ...
That's exactly what we plan to do. We might get a few accessories on the house and there is an existing discount I'm told. But we're not complaining anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Price always brings quality, little cases to the contrary so surely if one can afford go with the one which costs the most! Hardly seen any exceptions to this case in any purchase in fact. If i needed a hatch and only a hatch and could pay 8 lacs, i would go and buy i20/jazz too( diesel/petrol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post

That's great man- all i want is a TD and a feel of the car, have not taken one as never wanted to buy, but want to know, what is all that "jazz" about really
Everything about the Jazz is fantastic! Yes there are a lot of things about it that make people tilt towards the other cars in the market. It's 50k too expensive, doesn't come with alloys or height-adjustable driver's seat, no climate control or dead pedal, but it's a very well packaged car; so well packaged that it can give several high-end sedans a run for their money! It looks great and it's fantastic to drive! You get goof FE and it reeks of class and quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Moral of the story: If you're looking for a new hatch and price is no bar, go for the most expensive one!
It's purely a coincidence! I swear!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 21:11   #165
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Yes, I tried my best to get him TD the i20, but ...

ampere, What is the story with Whitefield Honda? I have heard that Dakshin Honda asked for 50K non-refundable deposit for a CRV test drive.
Raj,

This is the latest I read on all three dealers.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...name-anhc.html (Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC)


Apart from this some 2-3 years back, when there was only White field Honda, I used to hear horror stories about their attitude. It was pretty degrading. In fact one of them had booked the OHC and was given 6 week waiting period. At the end of 6 weeks when he went to check status, he was told to wait another 6 weeks! The guy really good wild and told he wanted to cancel. Whitefield guys promptly took their Cheque book and asked him to take the money back. So much for arrogance. I guess they are much better now.

Das Sir,

My comment on Jazz back seat comfort was with respect to Punto and Polo. I guess Fabia is much better in that department. Please correct me if that is not a valid statement.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India to make heads turn at any cost? sidindica Super-Cars & Imports in India 140 31st March 2017 10:15
Hyundai Verna: Rear Torsion Bar / Front Stabilizer Bar? ph03n!x Modifications & Accessories 14 24th April 2014 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks