Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 4th September 2014, 10:25   #31
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Smile Re: Used petrol beater, city drive

Santro meets all the requirements to a T. Its a city car with appreciable FE and easy to maintain. The problem would be getting a good maintained less run car. The other alternative would be Alto but would be space constraining when required.

I am prompted to suggest the Zen Estillo which can be bought cheaply and is ideal too for city runs.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:09   #32
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Used petrol beater, city drive

The suggestions are Santro, Wagon R, Alto, Spark.

May I ask, which among these will give me best FE inside the city. (I guess low end torque translates to better FE in the city?) Okay, at least tentatively; as FE depends on how heavy the traffic is and how heavy is your foot.

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@thoma, what car(s) do you have currently ? I see a Beat in your tbhp garage and a Baleno in your profile, but both are sold I guess. Your avatar is the VW logo, so maybe one of their cars.
Sorry for not updating the garage which should be done soon. Definitely a logical question, but I would kindly request not to look much into my current ride. The discussion will then turn to why sell, why bought? This is just an option I am considering. Primarily, I wanted to get some facts and figures which will fuel any switch, if at all. And you are true, this car might end up as a spare instead of a beater.
thoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:22   #33
Default Re: Used petrol beater, city drive

Why not a well maintained Palio sport 1.6 for a beater. Mileage is approx 9 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic. It really is a car made to last. I know getting the spares are a pain but it doesn't ware easily. peppy and fun to drive in the city. If it is a beater or a spare and self driven car then this is a good choice in my opinion
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 22:18   #34
Default Re: Used Hatchback - Budget 1.5 - 2.0 Lakhs

Within the budget mentioned, a well maintained Palio 1.2 would be easier to find and maintain than the 1.6 (am still to find that elusive beast).
How about the Getz? It would be within the budget and might be an alternate to the ones metioned above (if an alternative is required)?
gibikote is offline   Reply With Quote