Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 6th February 2010, 08:18   #31
BHPian

@Aravind, I thought of the same friend..!! I don't trust on the used cars as it might ask me to take to Service center for every week. That is the main reason, why I don't wish to go for a used car. This may not be the case for every used car. But need enough luck..!!! You know I had a SX4 in Bangalore and sold when I went to Abroad..!! Being a new driver, I had a tough time to drive SX4 in Bangalore Traffic.
Still my mind says to go for Maruti or Hyundai - They got very good service Network and Maintenance would be bit cheaper. But at this time, I wish to go for a small car like I-10 (Sportz), A-Star, Beat, Ritz-Zxi, Swift-Zxi. Any one of this car..!!

I've a plan to give the small car to my wife after 6 months or so and go for ANHC or SX4 again -
Old 14th February 2010, 19:21   #32
BHPian

Appreciate any of the Swift VDi owner provide the information on the following:
Does the Swift VDi has the following features?

1. ABS
2. EBD
3. Airbags
4. Alloy Wheels
5. MUSIC System
6. Power Windows (Front & Rear)
7. Child Lock
Also, the current waiting period in Delhi?

Thanks a lot..!

Last edited by yousivakutti : 14th February 2010 at 19:23.
Old 14th February 2010, 19:38   #33
BHPian

1.no
2.no
3.no
4.no
5.no
6.yes
7.yes
no idea

if you can digest ritz looks,go for it.if you can streach your budget punto is very good car.if you are ok with petrol, beat is really VFM.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th February 2010 at 20:08. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 15th February 2010, 12:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Siva,

If you are planning to retain the car for 5 years and going to drive around 70 kms per day, the best option for you would be a diesel hatch. My calculation shows that you can save atleast 2 lakh in 5 years if you opt for a diesel hatch.

70 kms x 30 days a month x 12 months x 5 years = 1,26,000 kms

With the current price of fuels,
Petrol cost with average mileage of 13 = 1,26,000 / 13 * 49 = 474923
Diesel cost with average mileage of 17 = 1,26,000 / 17 * 35 = 259411

Going by your budget of 4.5 lakhs, you have the following options (Stretched to 10% max) for a diesel hatch.

Indica vista
Swift LDI
Ford Figo (Price is expected to be very competitive)
Old 15th February 2010, 14:09   #35
BHPian

Thank you @ procircuit & rameshnanda.
We are thinking of Swift VDi. But ABS, EBD, Alloy, MUSIC System doesn't come with it. Still waiting to see Ford Figo..!!!
Old 15th February 2010, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
We are thinking of Swift VDi. But ABS, EBD, Alloy, MUSIC System doesn't come with it. Still waiting to see Ford Figo..!!!
You can get Swift VDI (with ABS). You can get the Alloys from the showroom itself by exchanging the old wheels with the dealer. I did this for my Getz GLE in 2007.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can get Swift VDI (with ABS). You can get the Alloys from the showroom itself by exchanging the old wheels with the dealer. I did this for my Getz GLE in 2007.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:00   #38
BHPian

@yousivakutti, the newly announced Indica Vista Aura+ with ABS and Airbags might fit your bill. And, like you mentioned, it might be a good idea to wait for the Figo. GTO's review of the Figo diesel contained many positive points.
Old 16th February 2010, 06:17   #39
BHPian

Dear Siva my 2 paise

A) Indirapuram to CP mostly office time NO petrol car will easily give you FE> 10 kmpl
B) Swift is now a nearly decade old car; you want old is gold ?
C) Small family will definitely like to go for weekend hip-hop.

I suggest MODERN DIESEL hot hatch but budget constraints boils down to

Figo- if you can wait
Ritz-if you can stand the looks
Vista-may be a A.S.S niggle but at ring road a decent TASC is there

Final word "stop-go" traffic nothing beats diesel torque

Cheers
Old 16th February 2010, 09:03   #40
BHPian

There are a lot of options coming up. If you are in no hurry to buy a car i suggest you wait and check out the Figo (February), Polo Diesel (February) and Micra (June) before deciding. All 3 cars have rumors about their great FE. My suggestion is to wait and watch. Im doing the same.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:02   #41
BHPian

Experts, Can some one provide the comparisons between I-10 (Astra), Figo (Titanium) and Swift (ZXi) petrol versions please? I am looking for Technical/Mechanical Spec and features and price also..!!

Thanks a lot..!!
Old 27th February 2010, 16:31   #42
Team-BHP Support

You said you can claim Petrol allowances. Does that not apply to Diesel in your company? Next have you decided between Petrol and Diesel?

You distances indicate you should go for diesel. Then come the choices.
Old 28th February 2010, 19:15   #43
BHPian

Default How much could you extend?

How much could you extend your budget? As a recent owner (need to next post my ownership review) of i20 Asta, I would only recommend it or at least i20 Magna (which as already highlighted by few other BHPians) is just above your limit... Though I too think i20 is slightly underpowered in lower gear, its not bad and definitely the drive quality & comfort is better than the other ones I tried.
Old 28th February 2010, 21:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate any of the Swift VDi owner provide the information on the following:
Does the Swift VDi has the following features?

1. ABS Yes as an option
2. EBD Yes if you opt for the ABS
3. Airbags
4. Alloy Wheels
5. MUSIC System
6. Power Windows (Front & Rear)
7. Child Lock
Also, the current waiting period in Delhi? 2 months is the standard lead time for the ABS version.
Thanks a lot..!
Rest already answered by another team member.

Quote:
@Aravind, I thought of the same friend..!! I don't trust on the used cars as it might ask me to take to Service center for every week. That is the main reason, why I don't wish to go for a used car. This may not be the case for every used car. But need enough luck..!!! You know I had a SX4 in Bangalore and sold when I went to Abroad..!! Being a new driver, I had a tough time to drive SX4 in Bangalore Traffic.
Still my mind says to go for Maruti or Hyundai - They got very good service Network and Maintenance would be bit cheaper. But at this time, I wish to go for a small car like I-10 (Sportz), A-Star, Beat, Ritz-Zxi, Swift-Zxi. Any one of this car..!!

I've a plan to give the small car to my wife after 6 months or so and go for ANHC or SX4 again -

I was going to anyways suggest the i10 automatic and your above post just adds strength to my recommendation. The auto box will be a boon since you will be driving in one of the most congested corridors of the city. Your wife will be happy too once she has the car with her full time. The i10 is a much better city car than the Swift and company. When you do a td ask your wife regarding the driving position vis a vis all around visibility, being able to place all of the exterior edges of the vehicle and the ease of reversing between the two cars, the answer will be obvious. Plus you can get all of the safety features that you desire. Hyundai service near/in Indirapuram is a no brainer. Add to that fresh new looks, better fit and finish, no rattles, great mileage and a rear suspension that soaks the bumps better than a lot of others in the same class.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:54   #45
SCH
BHPian

The Ford Figo Titanium Petrol could be the ideal choice , but I am not much sure about the fuel efficiency . The ARAI figures are 15.6 but I doubt in city traffic it would give more then 12 kmpl. Any member has concrete information on this ?? But for your kind of driving you could also consider the Diesel Version, I would not suggest the Maruti Swift or Ritz cause they are prone to rattle as you would be keeping the car for 5 years.
Closed Thread