Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2010, 14:35   #76
BHPian

Expect more offers in March financial year ending. BTW, what did you finalize on?

Edit: I guess you are swinging towards the Figo?

Last edited by AirWind : 18th February 2010 at 14:42.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Usually the dealers wont put in writing about the offers and discounts. But most of them stick to their verbal commitments. I went thru this during my recent purchase of my Chevy. So let this not be the deciding criteria.
This is ture. I got Rs. 15000/- cash discount in my Ritz VDi and dealers never mention that in black and white.
But I'm surprised that Gemi has not got a reply from Maruti. Maruti takes any complaint or query very seriously. In my Ritz before fitting the speakers in the front door there was a very subtle rattling noise was observed from the speaker grill, during feedback I brought out that point and I got atleast 2 calls from Maruti's Gurgaon office and a call from Mumbai dealer regarding this. Though after fitting of speakers the noise is gone. May be sombody can provide Gemi the right contacts.
Old 21st February 2010, 19:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Default "Beat"ing out the Maruti

I've booked the "Beat"...

...and the Maruti is Out. Just because of they way the dealt with me. I was a customer who had closed my eyes against all other cars and was looking only at the Ritz Ldi. Just for diesel economy. Thanks to the way Maruti people dealt with me i realized what i was getting into before i put down my cheque. And when i opened my eyes i realised ingly what i would miss during my use.
- No Fog Lamps
- No Manual Central Lock
- No Rear Tray
- No Day/Night in cabin rear view mirror!!!
- No Tachometer
- No Wheel Covers
- No Wiring for Stereo
- No Internal Boot Release!!!
- No Steering Adjustment
- No Anything useful!!!!

The only thing i get is a great diesel engine.

Thanks Maruti for saving me in time. I opened my eyes and looked around and there was the "Beat" at a real good price for the features it gave me. And even better i save close to a Lakh.

And now the Wait Begins....

The Italian Soft roader gets replaced by an american funky hatch.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

...and the Maruti is Out.

Gemi, glad to see that you still haven't lost your 'adventurous' spirit by picking a non-maruti car again. Good luck. -Siva
Old 21st February 2010, 21:16   #80
BHPian

Sorry for droping late buddy
Nice decision. there is nothing which is unique in FIAT which others can't give (apart from numerous visits to service centers). The engine, the road handling, the strudy body, everything is available with other options too. So i am glad you didn't thoguht for Punto. And Ritz was anyways a maruti. I had a colleague who booked dezire, waited for painstakingly 4 months to have it, and then all of sudden realised whether he is a customer or what. And finally opted for Fiesta. Maruti still feels that they are doing a favour to a csutomer if he is buying a car.
Beat is a better car anways. Although you are a dad now, but still some legace of having out of usual shape cars should be carried forward.
And GM anyways is better then Maruti in seriousness. What could be lacking compared to maruti is just anywhere anytime roadside assisatnce at any local mechanic.
Let us know about your expereince with your new love.
Old 21st February 2010, 21:42   #81
BHPian

Default congratulations!!!

Hi gemithomas,

Congrats on a great petrol choice, if you ever again oscilate towards Diesel, I would highly recomment Indica Vista (2010 Model). We got a Aura ltd edition in nov '09 and its pretty good. Am sure the '10 model has some better fine tuning.

HTH,
Old 21st February 2010, 22:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gemi, I had suggested Beat to you, so you owe me a treat

Hope GM service is better than Fiat-Tata in TVM...
Old 21st February 2010, 23:28   #83
BHPian

great choice. You owe me one too, as I had BEAT in my mind too, but since you had shortlisted MAruti, I didnt want to suggest another model
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:46   #84
BHPian

Bingo man good decision. Its good that you did not chose suzuki. They think they can sell any junk metal at any price with 6 months wait to customers and they will still come.
Congratulations for the new beat. Hope it can beat your Fiat experience!!
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot all. The treat is ready any time you visit trivandrum

The wait is really disturbing. Hope i get the car at the earliest.

Not sure if you guys will understand this or not. The whole energy level at my house has changed once i decided against the Ritz and booked the BEAT. My wife smiles much better now . Apart from the way Maruti guys dealt with me, a major factor that made me take a decision against the Ritz was my 4 month old son. He always loved going out in our Adventure. The day we took a Ritz Test Drive he first looked around for a minute and started yelling away to glory. I actually had to change my planned test drive route to reach home faster.

In the 'beat' he was much happier though not as much as in the adventure. He went was jumping with happiness for a minute and then went off to sleep peacefully after a few minutes....for us the decision was taken that moment.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:03   #86
BHPian

I saw 2 Beats on road yesterday. It has a good road presence, for a moment i felt it would 'transform' into a robot anytime
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your choice of Beat Gemi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
And GM anyways is better then Maruti in seriousness. What could be lacking compared to maruti is just anywhere anytime roadside assisatnce at any local mechanic.
Local mechanic aside, GM has a road side assistance through out India. Got to know about this when we booked our Spark this weekend. So that should not be a reason of worry any more.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

...and the Maruti is Out. Just because of they way the dealt with me. I was a customer who had closed my eyes against all other cars and was looking only at the Ritz Ldi. Just for diesel economy. Thanks to the way Maruti people dealt with me i realized what i was getting into before i put down my cheque. And when i opened my eyes i realised shockingly what i would miss during my use.

- No Fog Lamps
- No Manual Central Lock
- No Rear Tray
- No Day/Night in cabin rear view mirror!!!
- No Tachometer
- No Wheel Covers
- No Wiring for Stereo
- No Internal Boot Release!!!
- No Steering Adjustment
- No Anything useful!!!!

The only thing i get is a great diesel engine.

Thanks Maruti for saving me in time. I opened my eyes and looked around and there was the "Beat" at a real good price for the features it gave me. And even better i save close to a Lakh.

And now the Wait Begins....

Gemi, I feel happy for you because you are not buying Maruti Ritz.

It's a to me to see there's no night mode in the cabin RVM!! Think about your old Fiat and its siblings, all versions had this feature.

Again to see there's no internal boot release. What about fuel lid opener? Does it have an internal lever?

I think even the VDi version doesn't come with a rear tray.

>> The only thing i get is a great diesel engine.
Yes indeed. But ironically the great diesel engine on just four wheels with an ugly boot is selling more than the beautiful Punto. Ah those typical Indian customers who are 'FE' obsessed.

again, I feel happy for you since you're buying Beat. Congrats.

Your Italian softroader is a lifestyle vehicle and hope you'll be able to adjust to the smaller Beat soon.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd February 2010 at 16:10.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:07   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
The swift is still beautifull to look at dude.I feel the maruti engeneers were high on ganja when they designed the rear end of the Ritz.
I know this is off topic, but could not stop myself laughing
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:30   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across a 25000km run 3 year old Spark LT last week, it was a Doc owned vehicle and maintained pretty well for a 3 year old car. The only sore points were the doors close with a rattle, power windows felt loose and the silver coloured handrests on all the door pads have partially lost the silver colour. He was selling the car, probably because the 3 year Chevy scheme had expired for his car.

I wish and i hope that Chevy have improved the quality of the plastics and plastic painting in the Beat.
Closed Thread